Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #1  

Default New here and need some support!!!

Hello 3FC members,

I am a very shy individual that doesn't like to share much about my weight and my goals because I am too embarrassed of myself. I have been on and off diets and a few summers ago I had lost 50lbs but slowly slipped into bad habits. I have started back on my journey a month ago.

I am currently limiting myself to 25g-30g of fat a day and using my fitness pal to calculate calories. Unfortunately I eat way too little calories, way too big portions, and way too late. I get hungry in the evenings and cannot fight it yet and I just want to find the perfect way to make this a lifestyle change. I tried cutting sugars, cutting soda, cutting carbs but my weight loss has only been about 8-9 lbs in the month of dieting and 30lbs from my highest weight. I do 3.1 miles 5-6 times a week but haven't worked up enough nerves to join a gym and strength train.

My goal is to lose 100lbs in 6 months max. I need the support and help of the 3FC team.
cupcake0logy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #2  
300+ Chick

Good luck with your efforts!! YOU can do it!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

CUPCAKE ~ try not to be so hard on yourself. Just take it one-day-at-a-time ... yes, it's good to cut down on the pop, but for now, you could still have one a day and lose weight. 8-9 lbs a month is plenty of loss in one month. That is actually unusually high; after some time, that usually drops down to about 4-5 or so a month for many people.

The best way to succeed long-term is by persistence -- just eating less each day, and sticking to it no matter what. When you make a mistake, just keep going. Everyone has slips & blips along the way. Be patient with yourself. This is a great support site; keep coming back -- it really helps!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-19-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW 240/ CW 210/ GW 150

Height: 5'7''

I know exactly how embarrassed you feel about your weight. You have come to the right place for motivation! I know that it feels like an insurmountable challenge to join a gym and actually work out there, but it's only like that for the first time. Honestly! And if you can, try a couple of sessions with a personal trainer to learn more about the exercises. I know they're extremely expensive (I have a trainer), but based on your goal and your description, I think it would make you feel so much more at ease.

What's your username on myfitnesspal? We can be friends if you like! Mine is caylamo.
chocoholic21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

8-9 pounds in one month is an excellent loss !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/156/125

Height: 5'2

Welcome! As stated by everyone else, you're doing great with 8-9 lbs per month! Wish I could lose that much in a month, haha!
Marchmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #7  
~Never Quit~

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
but my weight loss has only been about 8-9 lbs in the month of dieting
The above posters are right ... a weight loss of 8-9 pounds/month may seem slow but it's actually a good amount lost! We didn't put weight on overnight and we shouldn't try to take it off overnight either. Studies show that folks who have lost weight quickly have a harder time keeping it off than those who have lost slowly. So, don't give up! You seem to be doing so much right with tracking calories and getting exercise!!

Like you, I get hungry in the evenings so I eat light for breakfast and lunch and save the most calories for dinner and an after dinner snack.

Anyway, welcome to 3FC! Find a forum or two you like and keep on posting!
EatMoreCelery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 263/262/160

Height: 5'4

Hi, and welcome. I am Jenny, rather new here too. But it's a great place to be.
Try not to be hard, but ease into an eating lifestyle change.
Cemommster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #9  

Thank you all for your kind words. This forum has helped me stay motivated in making this a lifestyle change. I now see that 8-9lbs a month is good but I have always been in a need to get this off now stage. I will continue to post and thank you all again.

My fitness pal name: cupcake0logy (0 = zero)
cupcake0logy is offline   Reply With Quote