Old 05-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team 2012 Spring into Summer CHAT Thread Week 3 (05/14-05/20)

Here are the initial results- leslieb (Blue Team Leader) will post the official results here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...y-results.html

As a team we lost 18.8 lbs or 0.36%!!

Biggest Loser: Selway (-4 lbs, 1.93%)

Honourable Mentions: bette k (-3 lbs, 1.38%)

getmydivaback3 (-3 lbs, 1.27%)

maryshady (-1.6 lbs, -0.97%)

Keep up the great work everyone.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Old 05-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #2  

Good morning team! Hope your Monday has started off well.
I would have done better not to step on the scale this morning- oof!
Just gives me further resolve to be good today & stay the course.

Make the most of your day!
Old 05-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 279/260/175

Height: 5'9

Congratulations Selway Great Job!!!! Red Team we really have to step it up this week, the Blue Team have won both of the weigh in's. I'm definetely going to add another workout in this week. I mostly walk but this week I'm going to start either Taebo or Power 90. I tried power 90 when I was 279 pounds and it killed me and haven't had the courage to pick it up again, so I may just give it a try.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/145

Height: 5'6" Low Carb WOE

I am so sorry I missed the weigh-in yesterday...although I wouldn't have been any help as it was a gain for me. Arghh. I was hosting Mother's Day for Mom and MIL and the day just slipped away.

I did get my DS to workout with me! He did my Jillian Michael's Shred with me and I went for a bike ride with him. What a great day! And I lost 1/2 a lb so it was all good.

Selway and the other winners, CONGRATS!

Getmydivaback, I'm sure you'll find power 90 tough, but much better than 40 pounds ago! Go for it.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #5  
ALASKA

S/C/G: 254/239/195

Height: 5'10

im sorry to say i am bowing out of the Biggest Loser for now. I have not been feeling well and I need to focus on my health right now and not so much the number on the scale.

Wish you all the best and I will get well and be back on track for future challenges...... take care,Brenda
Old 05-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #6  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

I missed weigh in . . . dang! Too busy, good thing there's a couple of freebies.

Congrats biggest losers! Yes, we need to buckle down and kick some blue team butt! lol (mind in the game, mind in the game).
Old 05-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #7  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Hang in there Red Team members, we can do this!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #8  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I did some off-plan eating this weekend, but back on the stick now! I didn't eat crap, but I ate too much at the Brazilian steakhouse on Saturday, plus 1 had 3 beers. Yesterday I had a beer, too. But I did get good exercise in both days.

I went out and got fitted for new sneakers - I've lost 1/2 size and some width in my feet! I knew my old sneakers felt kinda loose. Plus I was able to step down support wise into something a little more attractive - from a Brooks Ariel to Brooks Adrenaline. Too bad I still need a wide, and the really cute pink ones don't come in wide width. Ah well, they're still cuter than the Ariels. At least, as cute as 10 1/2 wide sneakers can be.

Here's to a good week!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #9  

Hi gang,
Brenda- sorry to hear you're dropping out. But your health is number 1. Focus on getting better!
For those that missed weigh in, don't worry- you were not alone. I thin we had 11 members miss and the blue team had 13 miss. The holiday really messed up everyone.
Hope everyone had a good Monday.

Anyone ever try DDP yoga, is it just hype or do you think it works?
Just got home from what seemed like a marathon baseball game for my son's team. Am currently walking the dog and then home to bed, after finishing my exercises of course. ( just a 1min 15s plank to do and 45 crunches). Sleep well all!
Old 05-15-2012, 07:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysheets View Post
im sorry to say i am bowing out of the Biggest Loser for now. I have not been feeling well and I need to focus on my health right now and not so much the number on the scale. Wish you all the best and I will get well and be back on track for future challenges...... take care,Brenda
Hope you are feeling better soon. Take care of yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by zogo View Post
I am so sorry I missed the weigh-in yesterday...although I wouldn't have been any help as it was a gain for me. Arghh. I was hosting Mother's Day for Mom and MIL and the day just slipped away. I did get my DS to workout with me! He did my Jillian Michael's Shred with me and I went for a bike ride with him. What a great day! And I lost 1/2 a lb so it was all good.
The shred is a killer workout. Haven't done it in a while might have to try it this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmydivaback3 View Post
Congratulations Selway Great Job!!!! Red Team we really have to step it up this week, the Blue Team have won both of the weigh in's. I'm definetely going to add another workout in this week. I mostly walk but this week I'm going to start either Taebo or Power 90. I tried power 90 when I was 279 pounds and it killed me and haven't had the courage to pick it up again, so I may just give it a try.
You are doing an awesome job. Great weight loss!! Keep up the good work. I did power 90 a few times too. I thought it was boring (hard) but boring. I did like the abs workout though. Good Luck with whatever you try

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaMel View Post
Good morning team! Hope your Monday has started off well. I would have done better not to step on the scale this morning- oof! Just gives me further resolve to be good today & stay the course.
Me too! I was up over 2 lbs. from Saturday. Ugh. I stink at this on the weekends. Spend all week eating correctly then screw it up on the weekends. I have lost this same 5 lbs over and over again. Need to make a plan for the this weekend and stick to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddy View Post
I did some off-plan eating this weekend, but back on the stick now! I didn't eat crap, but I ate too much at the Brazilian steakhouse on Saturday, plus 1 had 3 beers. Yesterday I had a beer, too. But I did get good exercise in both days. I went out and got fitted for new sneakers - I've lost 1/2 size and some width in my feet! I knew my old sneakers felt kinda loose. Plus I was able to step down support wise into something a little more attractive - from a Brooks Ariel to Brooks Adrenaline. Too bad I still need a wide, and the really cute pink ones don't come in wide width. Ah well, they're still cuter than the Ariels. At least, as cute as 10 1/2 wide sneakers can be. Here's to a good week!
Just wanted to say "wow" 90 lbs in a years time. Incredible!!!

Did really well yesterday and dropped 1.5 lbs of my over 2 lb weight gain from Sunday. Hurt my back on Saturday staining our deck. Sure stinks getting older. Your body just doesn't bounce back as quick. I really want to start working out again. Shooting for Saturday to give it some time to heal. Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Congrats Selway!

Sorry you aren't feeling well Brenda. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

I'm so sorry I missed the weighin. My sister came through town over the weekend on her way to India for 4 months, and I got distracted.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #12  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Riddy - your post about the shoes cracked me up.

Maryshady - I turn 40 this month and am definitely feeling the age! The body is definitely not recovering as fast as it used to. Take care of your back injury and don't overdo it this week!

Getmydivaback - I haven't done the Power 90, but I am doing P90X now and love it. Not quite as much cardio as I need/want so I have to supplement with other workouts while I am trying to drop weight, but definitely a muscle building/toning program. I bet Power 90 wouldn't give you much trouble now!

Brenda - feel better soon!
Old 05-15-2012, 08:04 PM   #13  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Thanks, maryshady! It's been a lot of work, but something's different this time. I guess I was really ready to change, and committed to seeing it through. I still get frustrated, but I'm not quitting. Hope your back heals up quick!

Brenda, hope you feel better soon!

Selway, you have no idea how happy I was when the guy at the running store brought out the Adrenalines! They are so much cuter than my old Ariels. I finally got to test drive them today - took the corgis out for a brisk walk BEFORE dinner.

I don't think I'm quite ready to try p90x or any of those intense videos. I have plantar fasciitis in both feet, ACL repair in 1 knee, and chondromalacia in the other knee. And I'm a klutz (how I blew the ACL in the first place), so high impact jumping around intimidates me. I am curious about trying jogging, though - think I'll run it by the doc before I do. (pun intended)

I have decided that I really like yoga. I think my next purchase will be a different yoga DVD.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:54 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Good Morning ladies!!! Did great yesterday but nothing less on the scale. I did make stir fry so a little salty the my usual meals. Hopefully just still holding water from weekend. Getting excited about tomorrow. My son graduates from Temple Law School! so proud of him

Have a wonderful Wednesday
Old 05-16-2012, 07:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/145

Height: 5'6" Low Carb WOE

Mary, Congrats to your son...that is quite an accomplishment. Does he have a job lined up?

My scale...oh my....I've gained UP PAST where I started this challenge. I'm not sure where I went wrong other than too much diet jello dessert leftover from the weekend. That and skipping a workout for 2 days. I must get this train back on the tracks!

Last edited by zogo; 05-16-2012 at 07:11 AM.