Old 05-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #1  
ponygirl

S/C/G: 321/269/160

Height: 5'6

Default Confused not losing weight when in ketosis

Hi everyone, I have been on MRC since feb and have lost 48 lbs but for the last week Im not losing. Each moring I check and I only have a trace/small amount of ketosis showing up on my stick. Im confused why its not better Im following my plan to a T, no extra food no tastes, nothing. If anyone has been though this or has any ideas please let me know, I dont want to give up but if I cant get more weight off whats the point. You know
ponygirl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #2  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Your center should have told you. Sometimes you will just not lose weight. Something about your fat cells trying to retain their shape by holding in excess water. This can last for a few weeks, but you should have a fairly drastic loss once they give up and all that water weight will be gone.

Congrats on he almost 50 pounds since February. I have not been as strict as I should and I am only down 25 or so (plus hormonal issues that make weight loss nearly impossible). So just relax, it is nothing to worry about. And talk to your councilors about plateaus, they should help.
Galadreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #3  
ponygirl

Thanks Galadreal,
Nice to hear it shouldn't last for ever. Awesome being down 25, its really hard to be OP. I know I go off and on a lot, I haven't been on meta slim for that long I started on a different program and I have a lot or respect for anyone that can stay with meta slim or something like that because its SOO hard. I understand the hormonal problems, hopefully your center can help with those they aren't fun.
I just ordered some vitamins to and Im hoping they will help my stubborn fat give up the fight lol
Old 05-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 286/262/176

Height: 5'8"

You've done on a great job, but your body needs to adjust from time to time. You know that what you've been doing has been working, so trust yourself and your program. Sometimes you don't lose weight because your muscles could be toning up and make up for the fluids and waste.
collingwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Plateaus are totally normal. Also, I wouldn't stress over those ketone sticks. I never used them once and got to my goal. To me, they are unneeded stress. Sometimes, I'd toss them in the trash and make up a number for the counselor. I know, not the most honest thing to do, but it kept me sane.

Here's a tip sheet I came up with that has suggestions from my counselors, ladies on this forum, and me that helped me reach my goal. Good luck! This too shall pass.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Plateau Busting Tips.pdf (457.9 KB, 85 views)
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

48 pounds is great! I wouldn't worry about those blasted sticks - mine wouldn't change for the longest time and then I'd have a 5 pound loss... they don't make sense. One of the counselors told me not to read too much into the sticks as some people are just different and it does cause me to gain if I stress about stuff too much, you know?

Just try your best, stick with the program, make sure you're drinking the water and getting the exercise in and you'll do great!
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #7  
ponygirl

Thanks JenB72 I cant wait to read the tips. Its great to hear that people dont use the sticks and still lose the weight. I will have to work on not stressing about the color of the stick and remember to just be 100% OP
Old 05-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #8  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

ponygirl, I have never gotten one of those sticks to change color. It can be disheartening, but as long as you are losing weight I don't think it matters. My center does not open till 9, and I do not usually get to go in until after work, so they tell me that I cannot get a good reading becuase I have been drinking water all day. So much water...

But you are doing great, so try not to stress.
Galadreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/168/140

Height: 5'3

I can't get them to change either, so I don't even bother.

Well, down .4 today, which seems good...except with all the ups and downs this weekend, I'm exactly at the same spot I was 5 days ago weight-wise. Today is supposed to be my last day of metaquick, but I've decided to pull the plug on this experiment...I am really wanting some "real" food today.
COchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 283/263/181

Height: 5'9"

thanks for sharing plateau busting tips!

Last edited by sticktoit; 05-16-2012 at 04:30 PM.
sticktoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 310/304/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi ponygirl. I am going through the exact same dilemma. 23 pounds in 47 days and I have never cheated or been out of ketosis. I have been 100% on program and I am currently on my 2nd plateau. I understand your frustration completely. I am doing everything right and getting no results. What worked for me the first time is just switching up one or two things in my normal routine. Normally I don't eat any beef or fish but when I did last time it busted my plateau. I don't know if it was a coincidence or not but I am having a steak tonight! Best of luck to you and hang in there, it's all worth it.
NonfatKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #12  
ponygirl

Thanks Nonfatkat, nice to hear that other people are getting though the hard times. I was really sick over the weekend and lost the fight but Im working my way back onto progrma