Old 05-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 333/238/150

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Unhappy help...sick with a nasty cold on induction

hey everyone, i need a little help here. now, this isn't the atkins flu i have. this is a bad cold with allergies. my sinuses are swollen, i have lots of drainage and stuffiness, coughing, sneezing, low grade fever, aches and a sore throat. i'm not sleeping or resting well as you can imagine. i spent a lot of yesterday outside and got sick due to the heat and the amount of drainage in my stomach, so unfortunately there are foods that i now cannot even stomach the thought of. so for all of you veterans out there, what do you do when you are sick? i'm on day 5 of induction and even though i was sick yesterday i managed to hang in there and stick to the program. i want to do that today, but with only being on day 5 i am pretty limited. if i were further along in the program i would drink unsweetened almond milk with protein powder and lots of water. i am doing so well so far and i do not want to derail my efforts. any help and insight you can give me is much appreciated!
amber961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/190.4/130

Height: 5'3''

I don't know how bad you feel but if I was in your position I would try to hold on for a while to let your body do his job. Drink lots of water! Hope that helps..... It's always when you are ready to do something that things come to mess it up, don't let the cold ruin all your effort.
happyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 333/238/150

Height: 5 ft 6 in

I'm pretty miserable to be honest. I'm making myself drink as much as possible and so far i've kept it induction friendly today. When i'm sick I crave noodle soup and toast, so I'm fighting against those comfort cravings as well. My throat is sore so I'll replace noodle soup with just chicken broth. I've been drinking green tea and water. For breakfast I had some chicken bacon and tea with cream. I still cannot stomach the thought of eggs, peppers or sausage, ugh. I will try a salad in a little while when I get hungry again. For now I think a nap is in order.
amber961 is offline   Reply With Quote