Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-11-2012, 02:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/see ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Default Plenty talk no action!

Try and be positive re weight loss but fed up not seeing results. After decades of binging and purging I really would like to get to a comfortable place! Deliberately keeping calories to around 1800 to prevent binges, weighing and measuring so confident it's accurate, exercising nearly every day, but nothing has shifted in four weeks. I tried reducing to 1650 but when those feeling of hunger come on I am terrified of lapsing to my old ways! I know I write in other threads to take small steps, look at the bigger picture, but I have only being doing this for 2 months and surely can't have stalled already! I tell others to be proud of their control but can't seem to accept the advice myself. Am I kidding myself to think I will lose weight on that amount of calories in middle age.
Milly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:26 AM   #2  
Miral Paris

S/C/G: 191/140

Height: 5/5

Just keep on going and be proud you've stopped binging!
Miral Paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #3  
goldengirl

Think of it as being in your first phase, where you are eliminating the binging habits....and you are doing very well! So you are succeeding. The next phase will be slowly reducing calories, maybe adding some exercise.

I am also an "older loser", and when I read about people losing 3 or more pounds a week, I am envious....I am lucky if I lose one. However, in a year that will be 50, and I will be far better off than if I did nothing.
Every healthy step is something to celebrate.
nancymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 168/see ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Well I have went way off my "perfect plan" today, something snapped? I think I will have to accept that I can't be perfect, even on a generous amount, so that I can move on. Thank you both for your kind words, I do need to work on the binging mentality first, although they are much less calorie laden than they used to be. Funnily I was just thinking I could slowly lower the calories. I think my biggest problem is I make far too much of a slight slip. I do seem to feel a lot of anger these days, I used to take anti depressants which helped I think but I am trying not to for the moment. Gosh as I write I wonder if this is all related.
Milly1 is offline   Reply With Quote