Old 05-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

Smile My how things have changed!

Hi everyone! It has been a very long time since I last posted on my blog, now I find out that I can't post a new entry. Which is disappointing for me.

But reading through it has made me realise just how much has changed in my life, and how many of the goals that I set out for myself have actually happened. Here is a run down of my silly goals. 7 out of 9 goals have happened. Although I have no doubt that in the near future I shall have a body to rival Kim Kardashian and I'll be able to fit into my sisters dress.

1) I want a bikini body to rival Kim Kardashian
2) I want to be able to walk up a hill without having to stop to ‘check my phone’
3) I don’t want food to rule my life
4) I want to enjoy nights out and not feel like an overgrown lump of lard next to my shorter, slimmer friends (its the reason I refuse to dance)
5) I want to show my ex exactly what he’s missing
6) I want slim toned arms, I hate my bingo wings.
7) I want to be able to eat in public and not feel like people are judging me
8) I want to prove to myself I can do it. I’ve never been very good and seeing things like this through.
9) I want to be able to wear a UK size 12 (US size 8 I think) by my 23rd birthday which is 30th October 2011.
10) Finally, I want to be able to wear my sisters dress (see my first post).

Firstly, I'll start with the physical changes. I have gone from weighing 16st 7lb (231lbs) in March 2011 to 12st 6lbs (174lbs) as of now. That means I've lost about 4st (56lbs) since last march (although as my ticker says I've lost over 90lbs over 3years) and am only 14lbs from my new Doctor approved goal of 160lbs. My new measurements are waist: 29inches, Hips: 40inches, bust:38inches, under-bust:30inches. I'm also now wearing UK size 12 (US size 10 I think) although that varies from shop to shop sometimes I have to go up to UK size 14 in jeans, but other than that I am mostly a size 12. Which means I have now dropped 2 sizes. I never thought I'd get to this stage, it felt like i'd be dieting forever! I don't quite rival Kim Kardashian just yet, but give me a few months and we'll see!

I also have a wonderful boyfriend now. We've been together just over 5months and he's so completely different to my ex, who is a shallow idiot. He's supportive of whatever I choose to do. He encourages me to make healthy choices and to exercise without being pushy with me. If people push me the metaphorical ears go back, my heels dig in, and my stubborn streak comes out to play.

I'm now employed. I work for a supermarket chain. Its not my dream job, but given the current market I am grateful to have it. Far to many young people are unemployed through no fault of their own. The best thing about my job is my 10% staff discount, which has made dieting easier as its cheaper for me to buy good healthy food. as a perk of my job I also get a corporate discount at my local gym.

I'm also now training to be a journalist. I am using a home correspondence course so I can fit it around work.

As a bit of an update. I did complete my 10Km race for life. I power walked it in 1hr 31 mins. I now plan to do the 5km version, and I intend to run it within 45mins maximum.

So all in all my life is on the up. Last year I had no self-confidence, no social life, no job, and no boyfriend. While my weight didn't completely cause that, it did contribute a fair amount. Its amazing how losing weight has transformed me. I don't feel uncomfortable in social situations, I don't feel like I stick out at family gatherings (they are all slim), I feel like I can do anything I put my mind too. I am going to try and not sound like a cliched therapist, but if I can do all that in a year. A person who was morbidly obese, had non-existent confidence, an angry streak, and very little to recommend her to a potential employer/friends/man. Then absolutely anyone can. The best part is that my journey still isn't over. I am still going to work hard to lose the last few lbs, and transform my life even more.

Last edited by IsobelRose22; 05-10-2012 at 05:09 PM.
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

You and I are working on the same goal! I am the same height as you and wish to be the same weight you have down. And I totally agree. The more weight I lose, the more I realize that I have been keeping myself trapped in this body with my "fat" mindset. And it's not fair to me. And certainly not fair to my body. Will you post pics when you reach goal so I could have some more inspiation? It is hard for me to remember what I looked like at 160. Overall, way to go, and I'm glad for your change and the resulting happiness it has brought you. Take care.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #3  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on all that you have achieved!! You've lost SO much weight! The only quip I have about your goals is that you shouldn't even be thinking of your ex boyfriend now that it's over and you've moved forward with your life! Keep on going, you're so close to your goal.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #4  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

WOW you've done SO much!! Congrats!! Good luck achieving your goals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
Congrats on all that you have achieved!! You've lost SO much weight! The only quip I have about your goals is that you shouldn't even be thinking of your ex boyfriend now that it's over and you've moved forward with your life! Keep on going, you're so close to your goal.
While I'd certainly have to agree with you, I can understand the satisfaction of wanting to show off to someone who wronged you I love my life right now, but I would still enjoy running into my ex and saying hi with a big smile on my face

I really relished seeing family recently who had pretty much outcasted my family and I a few years back. Was it because of our appearance? No idea really, but it was certainly nice to see their eyes bug out and have them all say: "Oh my god I can't believe how beautiful you got!!" It was easy to see that my mom enjoyed parading me around too.

My life would be complete if I never had any of the previous happen, but instead I view it as a cherry on the frozen yogurt (because I don't eat ice cream now ) that is my life. Don't need the cherry for it to taste awesome, but it's a little better with it there.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #5  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

That is so awesome to hear! It gives me confidence and strength for the road I have ahead of me. Keep up the good work!
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

Hi Rie and Sontaikle-Oddly enough the ex and I are on fairly good terms now. Not bff's by any stretch, but able to have a friendly chat if we happened to bump into each other. There are also many people who i'd like to see me as I am now, old friends/work colleagues/family members who haven't been that fabulous to me in the past. Unfortunately my ex was what was on my mind when I wrote these goals a year ago. I don't feel like that now, I stopped wanting that particular goal on the night I met my boyfriend. I just copied and pasted my list of goals from one of my old blog entries.

Thank you everyone for all the encouragement and congratulations. I do completely credit this site for my weight loss, I would have struggled without it.

Last edited by IsobelRose22; 05-11-2012 at 05:57 PM.
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote