Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/190.4/130

Height: 5'3''

Default I need discipline...

So I was wondering why is it I can never stay on course?? I need to lose weight, this as been a long time battle. I pick up a diet, the gym and other non-sense and only hold on for a week or maybe two....it seems that I can never reach a month!! Why?? I'm not a disciplined person. That's why. I lack discipline so much, I'm a slave to my moods, my feelings, my appetite everything bad!! I just read somewhere it says that discipline is freedom...it's so true.... I want to be FREE!!!

I have to learn to do things because they are necessary and not because I ''feel'' like it on not. Now, how is a grown woman like me learn discipline... First I'm gonna have smaller goals and shorter deadline. I need to pick something that I'm gonna do everyday for 15 or 30 days no fail.... have to choose something that I can do with facility, so I can achieve my goal, why make it harder on me right!!?

So let me meditate on this......
happyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

I think you have to build one habit at a time so you won't feel you are depriving yourself of anything. I was in that same spot some five months ago and started very slowly, first not eating any more cookies, then no more soda, this month it is no more cheese. As to non-food stuff, have you tried Flylady or similar sites? They help too. Organizing and building routines is very important at the moment of building an adult life. And believe me, it is liberating. You get to feel very proud of yourself when you come across somebody who is in trouble for being disorganized and you realize how far you got with your paperwork/housekeeping/health habits. Good luck!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/190.4/130

Height: 5'3''

Inglesita64,

Thank you for suggesting the Flylady site, very cool!!
happyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote