Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 267/196/127

Height: 5'1

Default Overeating... Again?

I'm back to overeating again. I'm eating more than 2000 per day calories this week. It's so depressing and I have no clue why I'm back to this habit.

I used to be able to eat 1200 comfortably, but now I can't go a minute without thinking about food. What do you recommend? I have no idea why this is happening...

I haven't even weighed myself because I know for sure I've gained weight.

Last edited by misski; 05-04-2012 at 01:37 PM.
misski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

What have you been eating? Can you change the times of day you eat? I find I eat less if I eat a huge (going for volume - huge salad with a whole chicken breast or 2 servings of salmon or something - not a ton of donuts) lunch late in the day.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

Consider possibly increasing your calorie intake from 1200 to maybe 1500 or so. I used to do 1200 easy but as time went by and I got healthier I just thought, "This sucks..." So then I allowed myself more calories and I felt better. The weight is still coming off, too.

Also, try not to be too terribly restrictive. Be sensible, not harsh. For example, I visit a friend of mine pretty much every weekend. The last two weekends I've overeaten on Chinese, cookies, and chips. Oh well. One day a week for fun, no big.

Things like that can really keep you on track better.
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #4  

Okay, I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I'm eating a lot of carbs lately. I've cut bread and pasta (even though the bread is pumpernickel and the pasta is whole wheat) and I do see a difference in my appetite. Maybe that was the problem!

My caloric intake is a lot less now.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/183/150

Height: 5'7

you probably set yourself up for a binge by giving up carbs totally.Can you eat them in moderation?instead of giving up carbs complately I gave up white.They have a lot of subs out there for carb foods now.My downfall is sweets so I stay away from them pretty much cause i have to control over them.I also keep alot of veggies and salads around so I'll have them to fill up on instead of my bad foods.
mrslosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 308/307/198

Height: 5'2"

The one day I overdid it on carbs I was so hungry it shocked me. I hadn't felt like that since I started restricting them. Maybe just watch your carb intake and add a bit more protein. Extra protein always seems to stave off the hunger.
Amy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:57 AM   #7  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by misski View Post
My caloric intake is a lot less now.
I am really seeing a big trend around these forums with people binging/overeating/falling off the wagon and then talking about how little they eat. I hate to be rude, but YOU'RE HUNGRY!

I think you need to increase your calories by at least a few hundred a day and then re-assess.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #8  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Quote:
I am really seeing a big trend around these forums with people binging/overeating/falling off the wagon and then talking about how little they eat. I hate to be rude, but YOU'RE HUNGRY!
^I agree with this^ ... then they blame it on "the carbs". The reason you are craving the carbs is that you aren't eating enuff of them. You don't have to overeat complex carbs; measure them out. Balance your plan a bit, and the binging will stop. You could eat 1400/1500 calories a day and still lose weight and not feel so hungry ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JossFit View Post

I think you need to increase your calories by at least a few hundred a day and then re-assess.
Compared to 2400 calories which was what I was eating, 1700 calories IS a lot less to me. By the end of that day, I was eating 1900 calories which is still "a lot" less than 2400. I never told you exactly how much I was eating. Do you want me to show you my caloric intake of this entire month since the beginning? I've been tracking since last year and maybe then you'll see how "unhungry" I really am.

Sheesh. I thought this was the one place you don't have to feel like being judged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
^I agree with this^ ... then they blame it on "the carbs". The reason you are craving the carbs is that you aren't eating enuff of them. You don't have to overeat complex carbs; measure them out. Balance your plan a bit, and the binging will stop. You could eat 1400/1500 calories a day and still lose weight and not feel so hungry ...

I never said I craved carbs. Pasta was the only thing that was available because the pumpernickel bread, which has low glycemic index, ran out (and pretty much everything else). Trust that my carb intake is plenty... In fact, it's way over the amount I should be eating according to recommendations, especially when compared to my protein intake which is way less (track my foods on Livestrong.com).

Last edited by misski; 05-06-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/183/150

Height: 5'7

I start all my meals with protein since it fills you up better.I stick to healthy carbs which include alot of green veggies
mrslosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Misski, maybe your new hunger is precisely that, just hunger. Let's separate things: hunger is the feeling in the stomach, and calories the amount of energy the food gives you. You could eat a lot of calories and be hungry because the kind of food you eat does not satiate you, or eat few cals and not feel hungry because of the type of food you chose.
Lean protein is more likely to satiate you than refined carbs. My suggestion is that you eat protein for breakfast, and then balance out the rest of your meals appropriate, avoiding refined carbs. A protein breakfast is really satiating, and I am sure you will feel better.
Tell us how you do, and have a great week!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #12  
Warrior Princess

I always hang around 1,300-1,500 calories a day but sometimes I eat bad calories (umm...mexican food) and then I feel miserable the next day with bloat. There's some days I'm starving and others I couldn't care less about eating. I'm not a binger I just have a dead metabolism or something. According to Myfitnesspal I should've been 145p by May 1st with zero exercise and I do Jillian Michaels 5-6 days a week. I'm less than thrilled but it is what it is...
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #13  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Compared to 2400 calories which was what I was eating, 1700 calories IS a lot less to me. By the end of that day, I was eating 1900 calories which is still "a lot" less than 2400. I never told you exactly how much I was eating. Do you want me to show you my caloric intake of this entire month since the beginning? I've been tracking since last year and maybe then you'll see how "unhungry" I really am.

Sheesh. I thought this was the one place you don't have to feel like being judged.
I wasn't judging, I misread your original post to mean that you were only eating 1200 calories.

Quote:
I used to be able to eat 1200 comfortably, but now I can't go a minute without thinking about food. What do you recommend? I have no idea why this is happening...
Going back to the original question of WHY you might be overeating; Are you eating foods you enjoy? What is it that you are overeating? Is it specific things or just anything?

Last edited by JossFit; 05-07-2012 at 08:57 AM.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote