Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 172/170/130

Height: 5'7

Default To Buy or Not to Buy?

Over the last few months I have fallen off the weight loss wagon and gained back all the previous weight I had lost plus a little bit extra. I am currently really unhappy with the way I look and the way that my clothes fit. I am wondering if I should go out and buy new jeans and underwear in my current size since these are the 2 clothing items giving me the most issue. This is most likely sbecause I gained most of the weight in my low waist hips and thighs.

I really want to lose the weight and I am determined to get to a healthy weight but in the mean time I have nothing to wear out of the house other than work slacks and track pants. My underwear also pinches my hips . Is it worth it to spend the money? Is it worth it to feel comfortable or is it better to use it as motivation?

I am also afraid that if I buy the larger sizes that I will then become comfortable with it and be less willing to change. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Veela; 05-02-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Veela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #2  

At the very least buy yourself some new underwear!!! Underwear that pinches has got to be very uncomfortable...it won't cost that much to buy 7 new pairs that will do you for a week. Jeans...I might hold off on but get yourself some new underwear!!

You may want to reconsider your goal weight..unless you're very small boned, then 125lbs at 5'7" is pretty low to try to go...
2annabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'6''... and a half

I would probably buy yourself some new undies, but not something you'll regret having to throw away in a few weeks/months But hold off on the jeans, unless you can find some cheap ones, because I know jeans that are too tight can be super uncomfortable. Good luck with getting back on track!

Last edited by EricAnn; 05-02-2012 at 10:16 PM.
EricAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #4  
~Never Quit~

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'7"

Yep, you need comfy undies ~ Go buy some!
For jeans you could try shopping consignment/second hand stores.
EatMoreCelery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

Stacy and Clinton (TLC what not to wear) would tell you to dress the body you are now, not the body you hope to be.

That being said, don't get too comfortable in the bigger size.
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/151/125

Height: 5'0

If you have to buy jeans go to salvation army, or any sort of thrift store. I wouldn't spend more than 5-10 on 1 pair, because in a month or two you might be swimming in them!

Underwear, I would get lol. No one likes uncomfy underwear
tinkerbell4726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

It is the right time of year for clearance jeans, too. I just got a new pair of skinny jeans in a smaller size (yay!) They were on clearance for $2 at one of the big box stores. I don't want or need to spend big bucks on the sizes on the way down that are not my goal size.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 245 / 189 / 170

Height: 5"4

I would get new undies at least, I wouldn't get any really sexy / Lacey / cute ones you wouldn't be able to wear again tho ! just a pack of 3-5 for $10. I personally love some from Walmart, I have 4 packs if them - Hanes microfiber bikini panties. thwyre $8 for 3 pair, lots of cute ones or plain ones, they feel silky an seem to breathe on me better than cotton. they have boy shorts, hi cuts as well.

as for jeans I agree with te clearness suggestion ! you don't need to get a $60 pair or whatever right now.

Last edited by Alyj89; 05-03-2012 at 01:47 AM.
Alyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:51 AM   #9  

THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME!

I was wearing practically PAINFUL jeans but refused to buy new ones because I plan on shrinking.

One day I was at the mall and even standing was uncomfortable and I thought I'VE HAD IT!
I went to the store and bought new ones (two!) and even asked if I could wear them out of the change room which is something I've never done in my life!
Well let me tell you SOOO WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And in no way did it make me feel like "okay I don't need to lose I have these jeans" I still have a TON of skinny clothes I want back into.

SO seriously, buy new pants. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!

My only regret is that I made myself suffer unnecessarily for so long...

...oh and too-tight pants look sooo bad! They make muffin top 9349379374394 worse than it really is.
Pepino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #10  

Well, you have to feel comfortable when you go out, so I'd buy a new pair of jeans if I were you. Walking around in work slacks all the time can't be good for your self esteem. As for underwear, I'd treat myself with a couple of hot pieces, you can't deny yourself essential pieces of clothing just because you need to lose weight.

Once you get back on track, you can still wear your old clothes, they'll just look a bit baggier and as you get closer closer to your goal weight, plan a shopping spree.
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 110/189/110

Height: 5'4

I think thats a good plan and it does make sense that you might lose motivation because no one knows you better than yourself.
i33BabyGirl33i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #12  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Yes and yes! Life is too short to wear panties that pinch. And you don't have to run out and buy designer jeans, get something inexpensive at Wally World or hit up the thrift shops/consignment shops/clearance racks. I think JC Penney has some nice jeans for $25 everyday, too.

Don't punish yourself for a little gain with clothes that hurt. You deserve well fitting clothes, no matter what size you are.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

Definitely buy both! Tight clothing looks bad, and for me at least makes me feel a lot bigger than I am-Which in turn makes me sad and therefore more likely to overeat.

Depending on where you get the jeans from, you could even put them on E-bay when they no longer fit, or just go to a thrift store
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 172/170/130

Height: 5'7

Thanks for all the great advice I think the underwear truly is a must aright now the pinching is really awful. Since it is friday it is a casual day at work for me so I am currently sitting at my desk with the top button of my jeans undone it's very classy. I don't think I am going to drop major pounds fast enough to make these jeans comfortable and they are the only pair I have that are even close to fitting me and they are also wearing in the inner thigh area. I am going to the mall tonight to get some underwear and if I can find some jeans for a good price I will do it; if not I will go to the Good Will tomorrow. I am also thinking that this may actually help motivate me and help jumpstart my weight loss. A new goal would be fitting into some of my older pairs of jeans.

2anabelle: I appreciate your concern about my goal weight it is not set in stone and I plan on stopping when I feel my best if that is 140 great if it is lower also great. I chose 125 because that is my lowest ever weight as an adult and where I think I will feel the most confident and most comfortable but if I can't get that low or don't want to go that low I won't.
Veela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #15  
Weightloss Rock Star

Height: 5'5"

You can't lose weight well if you're uncomfortable ALL the time. You need undies, jeans, and a few shirts that fit you. You can buy the jeans and shirts used, but you should not punish yourself with NO clothes that fit. Don't buy a whole wardrobe or you will not try as hard to lose weight.
Anssett is offline   Reply With Quote