Old 04-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 213/205/130

Height: 5-3 3/4

Default Car Accident Yesterday

I got rear ended at a light on one of our state highways last night. I could see the guy coming in his suv totally not paying attention or slowing down. Felt like forever and I couldn't move with the cars in front of me and traffic on the other side. The police estimated he hit me going 30 mph. Than I look up and he's driving away....really? I think he saw the two witnesses stop and figured he should return.

Acted really weird.....Tried to convince me that someone hit him and that is why he hit me....really, Dude? Than why did you hit me straight on and push the back of my van as far as you did and why when you tried to leave the scene was a small sedan sitting there looking at me getting out offering to help. Liar, Liar pants on fire!

When I got home....I immediately went for the comfort food but said no way...you are not winning! Changed directions and grabbed the cucumbers & dipped them in my homemade salsa! Yeah, Baby!

I'm pretty sore today but so thankful my children weren't in their car seats with me and thankful for the Lord's protection. And, thankful for giving me strength to ward off my old comfort measures & stay OP!!!!
Jewelrydiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Glad you're ok. I suggest you get you and everyone in the car to the doctor's for x-rays,etc. Sometimes the pain just gets worse the longer you wait.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #3  
kellie105

S/C/G: 292.5/284.8/170

Height: 5'6

thank goodness your ok!!! I bet you are sore - feel better soon!
kellie105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #4  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Glad you're ok JewelleryDiva. And kudos to you for turning to your cukes & salsa rather than turning back in times of stress to that old comfort food habit. I do agree with CanadianCutie... you might want to get yourself checked out - I've heard that whiplash from a rear end collision can take days to show up. Best to be pre-emptive.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I am sorry to hear. Whiplash and post traumatic stress suck. Glad your kids weren't there, but sorry for your peace of mind. Big hug.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #6  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

I am so sorry that happened! We saw that happen today where I live, we stopped immediately (in our little focus) he almost hit us, so I ran checked on the lady he rear ended, she had really bad whiplash (was in a honda) and he almost drove away, but DH was out like a flash and getting his plate, he finally pulled over, jerk. He told the cop he was going 28mph, ain't no way, back end of her honda was destroyed. I'm so glad you are OK and that the kids weren't with you. I second the motion to have x-rays done, and probably take some pain meds before bed, you're likely to still continue to get stiff and sore while asleep. *hugs*!
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:31 PM   #7  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

*Hugs* So glad you are okay!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Glad you are okay and the kids weren't in the car with you.

That happened to me a couple of months ago. I was stopped at a red light and I could see the guy behind me wasn't going to stop in time. It was like watching a slow motion movie. The guy hit me really hard and pushed my car into the car in front of me. Thankfully the guy who hit me took ownership right away. It also helped that a motorcycle officer saw it happen too. I was sore also, mostly from where the seat belt came across my chest. I didn't go to the doctor though, because I knew it was just some bruising that would heal and it did. One month later and a repair bill of over 10,000 (thank goodness he had insurance) I'm back on the road. My car even looks better then it did before the accident. I thought they would total the car for sure, but it was fixable, just looked nasty.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Glad to hear you're ok and you didn't cave in to comfort foods. Now that is strong!
ProteinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #10  
threenorns

you can't go by the amount of damage to determine speed any more: the body of the car is designed to disintegrate on impact because that absorbs the force of the collision before it reaches the compartment and directs the remaining force around the passenger compartment. that's why the back seat didn't end up in the driver's lap.

it's also easier to repair cars - just bung on a bunch of new body panels if the main chassis is undamaged.

my bff was hit like that - the hit her at an estimated 80kph. he was arguing with his girlfriend (who was holding a baby in her lap!!!) and wasn't paying attention, didn't notice the light was red and traffic stopped. he slammed into my friend's mustang (back when they were fugly little things) which drove her into the cortina in front her, pushing it into the centre of the intersection. the mustang was accordioned - a total write-off - and she had to be cut out of the car because she was pinned between the seat and the steering column.

the guy tried to claim she reversed into him but an officer was sitting in the parking lot of the bar right next to the intersection and saw the whole thing - he'd even fired his lights and sirens when he realized the driver wasn't even looking at the road, was too busy yelling into his girlfriend's face.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #11  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by threenorns View Post
you can't go by the amount of damage to determine speed any more: the body of the car is designed to disintegrate on impact because that absorbs the force of the collision before it reaches the compartment and directs the remaining force around the passenger compartment. that's why the back seat didn't end up in the driver's lap.
This is very true. Old cars look better after a crash but the new cars absorb the damage, the old ones did not and the driver and passengers did. Much better this way just looks like ****.

You are strong for resisting the urge to eat the comfort food. Make sure you rest, the next day is usually one of the worse as far a pain. All that adrenaline is gone.

usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Hi Jewelry - I was just glancing at IP postings and had to stop in and tell you how sorry I am. That was a very bad day. And I am inspired that you went for the cucumbers instead of the comfort food. Well done! Feel better!!!
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote