Old 04-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Arrow Initial Visit/ Joined IP Experience

What was your experience when you were cleared to join IP? The doctor at my clinic reviewed a few pages of the Client Profile only and asked a few questions and said okay. No tests were done and no follow-up to date. Issues such as stomach problems, etc. are dealt with by my "coach".
qsuzi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218.6/150.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Same here - fortunately I didn't have any problems to deal with. I scheduled a physical with my primary doc just to be safe.
sanibelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #3  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Just went in today for my consultation. I have tons of problems because I'm so overweight - GERD, high blood pressure (not on meds), insomnia - and to top that all off, depression and anxiety. She also didn't seem too put off with my health problems but to be honest, it's not something I worry about. She did, however, say that she expects me to be off my antacid within a couple of weeks, my blood pressure to settle down, and to sleep better. I'm going to give it a couple if weeks and see how I feel. I start Tuesday!
0ojoyo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #4  

I filled a health profile form (several pages) which I don't think anyone looked at. Nothing "medical" at all was done. No pb check, etc. I do have a physical every year, though, so I am aware of my health issues. My doctor had given me an approval note for IP, though, so that I could put the $200 consultation/start up foods on my Flexable Spending Account. I was comfortable starting IP since she knew about/approved it. I go to a wellness center/health club for IP. The closest thing to a medical professional there is a dietician.
Andie0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

I'm in Canada and its much different here! There are NO medical prof's who run IP, no doctors, no nurses nothing. Just Bob Joe who decides to sell IP. I went to my family doctor before I started but my clinic really doesnt care who you are as long as you have the cash to pay!
Billster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billster View Post
I'm in Canada and its much different here! There are NO medical prof's who run IP, no doctors, no nurses nothing. Just Bob Joe who decides to sell IP. I went to my family doctor before I started but my clinic really doesnt care who you are as long as you have the cash to pay!
Any idea what the mark-up is on the products? I'd love to know.
Andie0606 is offline   Reply With Quote