Old 04-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/150/130

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Default tmi question..

I know this is most likely too much info, but I figured this was the best place to ask since most of you are women and are losing/have lost weight.
Ever since I started losing weight, I am have weird spotting. It is making me very nervous. I made a appointment with my doctor, but it isn't till thursday.
Anyone else have this issue while loosing weight? I hope this question is ok to ask. I don't know if it is hormone related or what. My entire dads side of the family has had issues with cervical cancer.. that is really why i am worried. That and I hope I am not pregnant again.. that would totally ruin my weight loss efforts lol. but I am sure I am not, I just wanna know what is going on! It is driving me crazy.
And as far as std's go, I know that isn't the issue because I am in a very committed relationship. I have dated my husband since we were both 14. and we spend pretty much all free time together. so.. just in case any of you thought that this may be the reason.
Ash2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/139/120

Height: 5'4"

This probably won't be very helpful, but my first period after really dedicating myself to exercise is currently happening. The first 2 days were really light spotting. Like, so light that no blood got on the pantyliner at all, it was just wiped away when I went to the bathroom. So I'm thinking maybe the weight loss / exercise is affecting my menstruation. But if it's not possibly your TOM, then that won't be helpful at all...
JessicaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #3  

No it isn't that time of the month. This has happened pretty much all month long. It is really weird. Really it is just the slightest bit. My af was shorter though and it came sooner than expected.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #4  
Vegetarian college girl

S/C/G: 185/157/140

Height: 5'9"

My birth control made me spot for around 2 weeks instead of 1 week. Are you on birth control? (i.e. is that why you said it's impossible that you're pregnant?)

usually, weight loss makes the time between my periods a few days longer. so like 32 days instead of 28.

but BC might be the issue ?
wtfudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Women store hormones in their fat.. and when you lose weight you actually release all this estrogen into your body. I would get it checked out by a Doc anyway but I know there were times when I was dieting that I had 2 periods in a month.. then sometimes no periods ( Hubby was deployed so I was not sexually active so no way to be preggo there). I have spotted on and off as well.
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #6  
kellie105

S/C/G: 292.5/284.8/170

Height: 5'6

Ive also had this for a week and then when it was actually time for TOM - it was horrible! Sometimes you can spot some when you ovulate as well
kellie105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #7  

No birth control pills. We use condoms which is why I said that there isn't much of a chance that I would end up pregnant. I guess there is always a chance, but with experience, it took alot to conceive before. That is why I do not think it could be pregnancy related.
It makes since that it is stored in your fat. Maybe that is why. I am really trying not to stress about it but it is hard. Not to mention the TOM is due next week or so sometime. I wonder if they will even see me if it is here by thursday. Then I will have to reschedule.

It is weird, we have done it different times during the month and all those times, the next morning I had the spotting. Just once, and just on the tp. That is why I am ruleing out ovulation too.. but I guess I never know. I hope the doctor can figure it out.. even if I am on the TOM.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #8  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Well, I'm sure this isn't what's going on with you because of what you said before, and there are tons of reasons for spotting, but when I had persistent, regular spotting (after sex especially), I was having a miscarriage. It lasted like 3 weeks before I went to the dr and was really caught off guard by what was happening because I was cramping a little but not in extreme pain, and it lasted so long. Like I said I'm sure that's not what's going on with you but I wanted to say something just in case. I would definitely get yourself checked out if you're not sure what's going on, hon. Good luck.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #9  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsgurl0531 View Post
Women store hormones in their fat.. and when you lose weight you actually release all this estrogen into your body. I would get it checked out by a Doc anyway but I know there were times when I was dieting that I had 2 periods in a month.. then sometimes no periods ( Hubby was deployed so I was not sexually active so no way to be preggo there). I have spotted on and off as well.
^^This. Weird things happen in regards to hormones when you start losing weight. Sometimes you have weird spotting. Conversely, your cycles may regulate if you were irregular before. I was on the pill throughout my weightloss and maintenance and about a year into maintenance I started having spotting issues. The pill that worked so beautifully when I was obese had made things wonky at a normal weight. I switched to Nuvaring and the issue resolved itself.

That said, I think unusual or ongoing spotting needs to be addressed so a visit to your gyno might be in order.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 245 / 189 / 170

Height: 5"4

I SKIPPED my period the first time it was suppose to roll around after I starte exercising. Freaked me out. each day I would go to wipe and wish for something, lol. Then my period was pathetic and light but at least it happened. it was nearly 3 weeks late.

When I started birth control last year (no longer on it), I skipped my first period on it... and then I bled for a whole 32 days straight. it was miserable.

Point being, relax, hormones, diet & exersize do funny and annoy things to our ToM. Its good that you're getting it checked out, but deep breathes, I'm sure you're perfectly fine.
Alyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 207/174/125

Height: 5'5"

Yeah something similar has happened to me like this
I'm on the depo shot do I have not had a period for over a year but 2 months ago after a few weeks of changing my diet I had some spotting which caught me off guard. It only lasted a few days and it wasn't much but I definately do think my body was reacting to my different diet and since then I've ha no more spotting
Misa66 is offline   Reply With Quote