South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 05:02 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default TGIF Beach Chat, Friday April 27

Good Morning

I've been managing insomnia this morning...getting some company and therapy dog paperwork done so I might be able to have a little flexibility with my schedule since I don't have to "work" today. I have a few yard projects and I need to get organized because I'm going to Glenwood w/Mom after work tomorrow.

I've been working upstairs for 2 hours now and think it's definitely time to take my morning hike down to the coffee room for a fresh cup of organic rainforest blend. Yum.

What's on your agenda today? Stop and chat
Old 04-27-2012, 05:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Debbie. There's Pike Place in my mug again this morning, and I'm on my second cup already. I couldn't sleep either, and decided to get up and take advantage of the peace and solitude while I can.

I'm not sure about the weather for today, but I'm planning to pick enough rhubarb to make an OP rhubarb custard pie, and I think I have enough lettuce to harvest for my first garden-fresh salad of the season. I have laundry and housecleaning on my agenda for the day, but will work in a visit with Mom & Dad, too.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies! You sure are early risers.

Work, of course, is on the plate for me today. I did ask my DH if he was going to win the lottery this weekend, and he said "no", so I guess I'll work next week too . Tonight, hopefully an easy dinner and RELAX!

I have 10 more minutes of relaxation and checking the boards before I must get going!!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:38 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Brrrrrr! We ate at 25ºF right now and the forecast is rain and sw! April is a tricky month all right. I spent a couple of hours outdoors yesterday afternoon, pruning clematis in my WINTER jacket!

Off to town for a 9:30 haircut and then need to pick up a few things at the food store. At the dinner last night I found out we are having a "debriefing" after tomorrow's wedding and are doing pot luck appetizers. I also need to make a batch of cookies and some squares for after Parish service on Sunday. I guess this will be another "big cook" Friday although I'm thinking tomatoes stuffed with bocconcini and pesto which should be done Saturday morning. Seems like life is all about food lately.

I'll be back later to catch up. (It's Timmy's this morning - not my favourite!)
Old 04-27-2012, 07:21 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Ruth, ouch! That is cold! I hope your cooking ends up being simple today. It's certainly going to be a busy weekend.

Linda, yum, op rhubarb custard!

Twynn, sorry about work, we're not winning the lottery, either, since we never buy tickets.

I knew once I went downstairs the paperwork project would be suspended. It's been 1 month since the finish went on the new floor so I moved the piano then started cleaning and organizing. I actually got upstairs...the bathroom is done now I'm going to go look for more coffee.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 04-27-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Today maybe Friday, but it's my Tuesday lol. I only work 3 or 4 days per week, which is not bad, but the days are long.

Ruth have a great time at the wedding

Late night cleaning up after work. Feeling it today. We are having a little party at work today. I pre planned, which should help stay on track.

Enjoy your day
Old 04-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #7  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning!

Debbie, wow, you've done ALOT and it's not even 8 a.m. yet!

Cottage would you share your recipe for a SB friendly rhubarb custard? and congrats on having lettuce already!!

Twynn, maybe your DH is wrong hope you have a quick, smooth day at work and an easy dinner.

Ruth - - we're not quite as cold as you...38F..but tonight down into the 20's! grrr. LOL at the 'debriefing'. I like simple weddings! Hope it's not too freezing for you to stand outside tomorrow.

WTG Jekel for pre-planning!

And HELLO to all others who will be here after I sign off

oh dear - I see it's S--ING out there right now.

here's an example why I do NOT like my winter job. I always bring my lunch - yesterday it was homemade veggie chili and scrambled egg substitute (it's alot tastier than it sounds, lol). I try to be as unobtrusive as possible about warming it up and eating it, because my boss is just...weird about food and eating. He will WATCH me eat, he'll exclaim to everyone "oh Hollys having some lunch' in this idiot voice...(and we do not get to go somewhere to eat, have to stand and shove it in between customers)

Well I warmed it up and thought I was home safe..no..he comes over and gets close and peers into my container...'what's that?' and I identified it. His wife says 'that looks great!' and the boss says, 'that looks like ALOT. ALOT of food!'. I said, 'yeah, a big fat person like me eats alot'.

Do you know that one does not need a permit to buy a handgun in Vermont, and we are allowed to conceal carry or open carry?

Last edited by VermontMom; 04-27-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just slap him, Holly. We are snowing here too and I just stashed my snowbrush away yesterday! I am about to leave for town and my haircut wearing a ss t-shirt, a ls t-shirt, a fake suede jacket, a nylon jacket and my fall coat. I am sure glad my car has heated seats. This is soooo silly!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning beachers!

I've got my workout with mom and trainer today, then a Costco run, then I work the evening shift. My eating has still been OP but I've been snacking more lately and need to nip that in the bud before it bites me in the "bleep." Our warm spell is over and we are expecting much needed rain today.

Have a great one! And welcome to all the newbies
Old 04-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Holly, I just follow the recipe for rhubarb custard pie in the Betty Crocker cookbook, substituting SBD friendly ingredients where needed and baking it in a whole wheat frozen pie crust that I get at Wholefoods.

Brrrrrrrr! The sun may be shining, but the wind is making it freezing and very unpleasant to be outside. I got my groceries and errands done and plan to stay in for the rest of the day. Ooops! - with the exception of a quick picking in the garden.

At least it's not snowing here.
Closed Thread