Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 279/ticker/200

Height: 5'7

Default Long road.

I haven't updated here in quite sometime. Its been a long road, I fell off the weight watchers wagon for a while but somehow managed to keep myself going. I cant believe i have gotten as far as I have. I started a year ago at 279 size 24/26 jeans im now 238 and in size 18 jeans! I've never been in the teen numbers for jeans since...well since i was a kid. I can see my body changing im not as round as i once was, now theres a slight hour glass figure. Its a small goal for me to just be in a size 18!

Now for a more serious question...Since ive been large all of my life i now have the saggy skin issue on my thighs and stomach. Seems as though it just doesnt want to go back i guess because its been stretched for so long...Its made me rather self conscious, how do you cope with this? I mean im definately proud of how much ive lost (technically a little over 100 pounds since 2003) but the saggy skin is now doing a number on me tips and suggestions or just encouragement welcome!
chase1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/162/140

Height: 5"3

Look your body isn't finished just take it slow and do plenty of exercises to tighten, skin takes time and hey you've done so well don't worry about next year or the year after, by that time your mind and body will be in a better place and its hard to accept things we still arent happy with after all our hard work but I suppose there is no answer its just more work I guess with acceptance and yeah basically you have to consciously work to not worry about something that you can't really control as you're doing everything you can.

I am trying to not get into the I'll let myself be happy or enjoy life when I get to x weight and my body is x, I have problems with my skin and veins but thats my skin and I'm better off being healthy with skin issues than unhealthy with skin issues and later down the line I can get it fixed, not perfect but better but that is not for me to worry about today. Its funny sometimes I look at my skin and back side and feel so sad and hopeless and well disgusted but most of the time when im in a good frame of mind I don't see those flaws, I look better in clothes now but without I still look too large because of the stretching so I worry about that but not today anyway.
swissy is offline   Reply With Quote