Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-21-2012, 02:26 AM   #1  
Here I go again...

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'9"

Smile Hi There.

I'm Meri, 36 and losing my mind as I fail to lose weight. I guess I need somewhere to belong, as many weight loss sites just don't fit well with me.

I have Asperger's Syndrome, (clinically diagnosed), which is a high-functioning level of autism. I have a difficult time in social situations or in places where I don't feel comfortable with how things are done/set up. Sparkpeople drives me nuts with all the ads and random things going on. I much prefer a quieter, more neatly organized area such as this.

So here I am! Please feel free to shorten my handle to SMC for faster typing, or just use my name - either one is okay with me.
SuiteMindcrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #2  
Starlet

Height: 5'2

Hi Meri!

I'm pretty new too~ just joined yesterday. It's pretty quaint here, although I've still yet to look everywhere. One thing's for sure though - everyone's striving for the same thing.

Have you decided on how you're going to go about starting?
lovelessdevout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/265/165

Height: 5'0"

Hi there I just started too a bit ago. So far this is a very supportive site with lots of awesome people going through the same stuff as all of us. I think you will really like it here and welcome.
Svdownwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #4  
threenorns

hi! i've got asperger's, too, but it's a mild form - just enough to make me socially awkward and the neighbourhood eccentric.

i know what you mean about sparkpeople with the clashing/jarring colours and everything and the uncle being animated.

what strategy have you picked?