Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 01:03 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 4/20/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 04-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #2  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning

Another early start was up at 4 this morn. Watching my Great Nephew today. At least I get to bring him to my house today. It is a long day when I watch the baby at their house for 10 hours. At least when I am home I can do things around the house while he naps. So it should be a good day.

Wishing everyone an easy going OP day!
Old 04-20-2012, 06:45 AM   #3  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!

It's FRIDAY but it is going to be a busy day. I want to try out a different farmer's market I have never been to. It is nearby, and today is supposed to be a beautiful day to be outside. Now that I have started IP, I have a new appreciation for "good" veggies. Afterwards, it's mani-pedi time! This will be my non-food reward for losing my first 10 pounds (a mini-goal I honestly thought would take longer to reach!).

I will be checking back here often. It's amazing how addicting this site is, but in a good way. Checking in every now and then keeps me focused and motivated. I'm so happy I found this site

xoxoxo
Old 04-20-2012, 07:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody! Rise and shine! It's actually drizzling out here but we do need the rain.

My brother is supposed to come out to do the pressure washing today, and I have several things to get done before that, as soon as I have my pot of tea and breakfast and wake my brain up...

I have loved being an aunt too, Carol! I have 5 brothers and 2 sisters, who all live in different parts of the country. Fortunately, I have lived near all of them at various times, so I got to spend time with my nieces and nephews and watch them grow up. It formed a bond that I treasure and I love them all dearly.

Welcome newlastdiet! I know what you mean about vegees...I am in Phase 4 now and I can't get enough of 'em! Good luck to you!!!

Well, hope you all have a splendid day !
Old 04-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone! After a lot of thinking, I decided to start Phase 2 this morning and I am soooooo excited. My coach thought it was a great idea since I have been cheating a lot lately. So let's hope this will soothe my cravings. I am really looking forward to eating a salad with real meat for lunch. Have a super day!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #6  
hecitsme

S/C/G: 203/191.3/150

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning!

I'm new - day 4 started a few hours ago - my second time around and I must say, quite motivated and excited now that I've found this site - you guys totally rock! I did the Tran Tien plan about a year ago, lost 40 pounds, no variety (actually, more lack of imagination than anything else!).

If my goal was to gain my weight back by falling back into old habits I would be able to say that I had been successful... Unfortunately that was NOT my goal!!

New start, new day, new to site - tell me how it can get any better than that!!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Hecitme; 04-20-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 177/147/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning IP friends!!!! I WI last night lost 2.9.. I am excited about that.. seem to be coming off slow but its coming off !!! I am feeling so much better... I love this diet and this site !!!! thanks everyone !!! Have a AWESOME OP weekend !!!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #8  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Has anyone tried the "Gentle Detox" tea sold at IP locations?
Old 04-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #9  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Sewman - sounds like a busy and productive time for you lately, you always seem to start it off right! I have today off with my son and will probably get to do a few fun things. My WI is today at 1pm, I think I am finally shaking off my TOM blahs...hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 249/215/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone! It looks like a beach weekend for me, we're heading down in about 2hrs. I bought extra food just to keep down there so I wouldn't forget anything. I tried the Novi-lax on wed....and wow, is it ever workinggggggg! Good luck everyone this weekend and "Think thin"
Old 04-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning IP family!

I've been having reeaaallly strange food dreams lately. Like that I ate something off program, then I wake up in a cold sweat going No, No, No.... Is that normal?

Congrats on the loss lilone.
Sewmam: Wow! You've accomplished so much this week! You must feel so satisfied with yourself!
Sno: I think you've made a wise decision. Wishing you well with it. Please keep us posted.

Is the "gentle detox" the same as the "novi lax"? and is it the "cleanse" my coach mentioned that I should do the week after next?

Wishing everyone a great day OP!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday everyone. I am looking forward to a weekend home for a change. I am really looking forward to having my cereal-pancakes with WF blueberry syrup. I have lots of chores planned for the weekend and I'm happy to have the activities to keep me busy - 1. so I don't just sit around like a lump on a log and 2. so I don't use food to fill my time.
Have a great weekend, see you all on Monday!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning! We have a busy weekend. My sweet little boy is turning 1 years old tomorrow. DH's mom and dad are driving up today from NM, and we are having a party tomorrow at our new house to celebrate. I have my hamburger patty all ready for the grill!

I am leaving for a trip next week for 5 days at a conference in a hotel. I am planning to bring along my food in my suitcase for the plane. Any suggestions/experiences that others have had traveling they could share with me?? I am nervous about having to eat out all week!!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
Good morning everyone!

It's FRIDAY but it is going to be a busy day. I want to try out a different farmer's market I have never been to. It is nearby, and today is supposed to be a beautiful day to be outside. Now that I have started IP, I have a new appreciation for "good" veggies. Afterwards, it's mani-pedi time! This will be my non-food reward for losing my first 10 pounds (a mini-goal I honestly thought would take longer to reach!).

I will be checking back here often. It's amazing how addicting this site is, but in a good way. Checking in every now and then keeps me focused and motivated. I'm so happy I found this site

xoxoxo
Great job rewarding yourself other than old. When I did weight watchers, after weigh in I would take the rest of the night "off" and eat the crap outta everything. Lol

This site is awesome.....I just had my sixth weight in......no cheating and getting off track for six weeks!!! That is crazy too me. Have a great pamper yourself day and good luck on your weight loss journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecitme View Post
Good Morning!

I'm new - day 4 started a few hours ago - my second time around and I must say, quite motivated and excited now that I've found this site - you guys totally rock! I did the Tran Tien plan about a year ago, lost 40 pounds, no variety (actually, more lack of imagination than anything else!).

If my goal was to gain my weight back by falling back into old habits I would be able to say that I had been successful... Unfortunately that was NOT my goal!!

New start, new day, new to site - tell me how it can get any better than that!!

Have a great day everyone!
Good for you for getting back at it. I am sure all of us have similar stories on the many yo yo diets......I have all most all I am sure. This was my first time on IP but I truly believe this site helps immensely to keep me on track.....super wonderful people on here! Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilone1357 View Post
Good Morning IP friends!!!! I WI last night lost 2.9.. I am excited about that.. seem to be coming off slow but its coming off !!! I am feeling so much better... I love this diet and this site !!!! thanks everyone !!! Have a AWESOME OP weekend !!!
Great loss!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Sewman - sounds like a busy and productive time for you lately, you always seem to start it off right! I have today off with my son and will probably get to do a few fun things. My WI is today at 1pm, I think I am finally shaking off my TOM blahs...hope everyone has a great day!
I have my little guy today too, we may go swimming....as much as I hate getting into a bathing suit, he starts swimming lessons next week so thought I would get him in the pool ahead of time.

Good luck on your weigh in today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider04 View Post
Good morning everyone! It looks like a beach weekend for me, we're heading down in about 2hrs. I bought extra food just to keep down there so I wouldn't forget anything. I tried the Novi-lax on wed....and wow, is it ever workinggggggg! Good luck everyone this weekend and "Think thin"
Have a great day at the beach....I am jealous!!!! Looks like a rainy day in Ontario today...blah

Thanks for the info on the novi lax......I have been debating about doing it or not.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #15  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Morning everyone!
WI tonight! Can't wait! Although I usually WI on Sat am, so I know it may not be as big a loss. But by my home scale I am down 5.4 lbs.....so we shall see. Thought about curtailing my water today as I do not want the afternoon bloats...... any thoughts?
Closed Thread