Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178 / 169.5 / 143

Height: 5'6'

Default Brand New to Dieting and Ready to Get Fit!

Hi Everyone!
I'm excited to be here. I'm a 28 year old teacher. I was a chubby kid (stress eater) but I thinned out in my teens. I was pretty fit in high school and middle school, but then starting in my early 20's I got much more sedentary and went crazy for sugar and I put on over forty pounds.

I slowly put on weight throughout my 20's until I hit my all time high weight of 178 lbs at the end of 2011. Feeling sluggish and ready to make a change, I started working out with a trainer twice a week last fall. I have achieved my initial goal of more energy and I have gotten stronger. My weight, however, has stayed pretty stable, so now I'm trying to focus on diet and exercise.

Beginning this month (April) I started trying to keep to an average of 1500-1600 calories a day, and my goal is 300 minutes of exercise per week. So far I am losing about a pound a week! I was disappointed at first (hoping for 2lbs per week loss) but today I made a chart and realized that if I can keep this rate going, I can reach my goal weight by the end of 2012!!!

Right now my ultimate goal weight is 143, but my main goal is fitness. I am on week two of the Couch-to-5k running plan and LOVING IT! I hope to run a 5k by the end of the summer. I am super into body positivity, healthy eating, vegan and vegetarian cooking (I love plant-based whole foods!) and, of course, fitness!

I love to watch episodes of "I used to be Fat" on MTV's website for motivation and inspiration. Since I'm a teacher, I've decided not to teach summer school this summer. Instead, I'm going to make working out and losing weight my #1 priority. (Obviously, I don't have kids...) So the next few months are kind of a big deal for me. I'm making a big commitment and I really don't want to fail. I am hoping to find some people on a similar journey to check in with and share inspiration.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to getting to know some of you!! (Sorry for being so long-winded!)

Mamie
MamieGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'4"

Hi there. With your enthusiasm, you are sure to be successful!! Hope to see you here often!
sunshauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:46 AM   #3  
Zumba Freak :)

S/C/G: 267/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Hey

Congrats on making the decision to becoming a healthier you! Remember that this is a big part of your life that will be changing, but once you overcome it and are successful you can look back and be proud of your accomplishment!
martha328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Mamie! I love your attitude. Best of luck to you.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 232/ticker!/155

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Mamie!! Congrats on your initial loss and keep up the good work! I'm also located in Colorado right now, so it's good to see there are a couple of us 20-somethings here trying to lose weight (everyone is already to skinny here, omg!) Please feel free to message me if you need any advice!
chel3fsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178 / 169.5 / 143

Height: 5'6'

Thanks for the support, everyone! I look forward to getting to know some of you!!
MamieGrace is offline   Reply With Quote