Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/273/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Sick and tired....literally!

Well, I find myself here after making a decision to get fit. I have been overweight all my life, and am at my highest. (lost my job in July '11, am a homemaker now and comfortable with it!) My bf and I are sick of being tired and achy ALL the time. We decided to start a walking routine that seemed to quickly turn into a year commitment at a gym! After finding the emergency button at the gym first...lol....we wandered to the treadmill and nearly fell out after 30 min. Discouraging but we are still going to go every evening. Hopefully it will get better and we can work out longer. I gotta say, I HATE exercise. Not because I am lazy or don't want to do physical activity, but I get bored! Anyone else have this problem? I swear I have ADD, the 30 min on the treadmill seemed like 2 hours! I guess I have to suck it up and just do it. Anyway, back story, I have ALWAYS had low self esteem and was married twelve years to a man who at every chance called me fat or make a comment about my weight, this backfired on him though because all it did was make matters worse, weight wise. After the divorce, (YAY), I met my boyfriend and honestly, it felt so good to be with someone who loves me for me and for months on end my self esteem went up! I felt great and hardly ever thought about my weight, now though feeling bad physically, I am feeling like a major change is in order. Motivation is the hard part and so is eating properly. I am a big comfort food person....bad bad bad. But we will see how it goes! Hopefully I will find some of that support I need here as well as the ability to read about other's struggles and triumphs!
annakathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #2  
zumbaholic!

S/C/G: 294/ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I def know how u feel! We all do I hate soing regular machines at the gym that's y I do the classes that they offer I completely forget that I'm working out my best class is zumba! I luv them bcuz I like to dance or if I had to do machines I make sure I have music to listen to it keeps me distracted and motiviated to finish the workout. I wish u the best of luck! we r in it together!
strawleyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #3  

You have to start exercise slowly. If you don't like the treadmill, don't do it. Try the ellipitical or an exercise bike or a spin class. Get into the weights for sure because they tone you and build muscle.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 327/239.6/199

Height: 5'5"

I'm the same with the treadmill...I get bored very quickly. If I'm going to walk for 30 minutes I want to end up somewhere! I like doing fitness games on the wii because I'm also very competitive so like to beat my own score or get the more points than I did last week.
Unicorn67 is offline   Reply With Quote