UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 04:43 AM   #1  
Theres no stopping me now

Default Thank you

The nice weather has come and spring has sprung. Tis the weather for for lighter clothes, shorter skirts and sleeves and tight tops. How are we doing, has anybody reached the goal they set themselves in those dark dank days of the new year.

Me?

I've started exercising and am still watching what I'm eating. Trying to fit all this healthy stuff into my life and change my life a little bit, rather than stop my life completely to make it work. I am fitting in the changes into my life gradually so I don't feel deprived.

Still need to do something about the booze. To blow my own trumpet I am drinking a lot less than I used to, but when I open the bottle off wine or vodka I struggle to put the bottle away. I have managed it a few times, so I can do it, just need more practice !!! Also gives me the munchies which tends to ruin all my hardwork.

There is a lot less of me than there used to be, since the new year. I have lost 15lbs since then, which makes a whooping 23lbs since October. Still a long way to go but I've already come a long way.

All this has been done with your help, support and encouragement

Thankyou
Old 03-16-2003, 05:06 PM   #2  

Well done Sal. You sound really positive too. I unfortunately have misbehaved. I am sulking since the pound I put one last Monday which I didn't feel I "deserved". Anyway, I stayed at my friend Lila's and we walked our knees off at the Ideal Home Exhibition (hey, we exercised! How about that!!). We had a great time. It was not at all crowded so we were able to get to each stall and have freebie nibbles and drinks (oh dear!). We were minding our business at the Costa's stand deciding to have one last coffe when they flung freebie sarnies at us. (because it was not a big crowd day they had loads left so we took quite a few for her son and, instad of a big meal on the way home we had a sarnie each). Over the weeked we seeomed to eat non stop in cafe's. We did spend a 'fun' Sunday morning in Essex getting chilled to the bone watching her son play rubgy but that hardly burnt off the calories!

Easter is racing nearer and I said I would lose a stone for Easter. Why didn't I keep my gob shut (or stuffed?!)
Old 03-17-2003, 01:12 PM   #3  
Gym'll fix it!!

Peacock..i wish i'd kept my gob shut too but on the bright side we've got a month so we could lose something could'nt we? i've had a serious talk to myself about how much i want this and i do want this so i'm going to be really good from now on i know..i keep saying this and i hope i don't wish i'd kept my gob shut about this as well
Carol..its us that should be thanking you for doing the stats and being such a good motivator i am so impressed with how well you are doing
Old 03-17-2003, 04:46 PM   #4  

I have never felt so sure before that I can do it, this time I want to lose the weight so bad I can almost taste it - sorry if that sounds corny.

Keep realising little things I am doing different. I am cooking all my own meals this time round instead of just opening packets. Ray reckons all the extra cleaning up this create is burning of the cals.

He also reckons I don't over eat I just don't get laid often enough. His theory is if we had more sex I would lose lots more weight - wonder how he wins out of that exercise plan

I too should have kept my mouth shut, I have 5.5lbs to lose in 3 weeks to reach my stone before my holiday
Old 03-17-2003, 10:04 PM   #5  
Gym'll fix it!!

5.5lbs will be a breeze for you Carol..i have faith in you maybe you should take Ray up on his suggestion about 5 times a day should do it
Old 03-18-2003, 02:55 AM   #6  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

carol your hubby sounds just like mine... if I have a spot, a cold, you name it if I have it, it is caused through lack of sex...in his words a shortage of testosterone and he is willing to administer the recommended dose
it must be a man thing

Ali
Old 03-18-2003, 03:05 AM   #7  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

Carol I forgot to mention I have my tickets booked to come up to Glasgow....I arrive on 25th April...have you got any plans for saturday the 26th...I'll be going into town to do some window shopping if you fancy meeting up

Ali
Old 03-18-2003, 02:18 PM   #8  

Don't have any plans, will arrange details with you closer to the time

Looking forward to meeting you in the flesh
Closed Thread