Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #1  
Chubby Chibi

Height: 5'5

Default Wellbutrin XR and Abilify?

So I was recently put on Wellbutrin XR and Abilify for my depression...has anyone ever had any problems with these medications? Like side effects? Weight gain? I wanna be all happy and stuff and not have depression but at the same time I don't wanna gain weight if that's a side effect of one of them.
chibir3dpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

I've been on Wellbutrin for the last two months, and it has done a world of good for me. The first week I had a really dry mouth and headaches, but it really helped with appetite suppression (it's actually not to be prescribed to those with eating disorders because of this) and helped me lose weight. I suggest you research both medications on the internet just so you know more about what you're taking.
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:02 PM   #3  
CTR

S/C/G: 245/234/125

Height: 5'5"

I've been on Wellbutrin on and off for years. It definitely curves your appetite for the first 2 months or so. After that I was fine. For the first 4 weeks I felt nauseous thinking I was going to vomit. Like the feeling one gets when they get sea sick. However didn't get so bad that I vomited.

I did get the trembles the first 3 weeks but that went away. That was my list favorite part because at work when I was writing it looked like I was on drugs or something with my hand trembling uncontrollably.

After that initial period of adjustment I'm perfectly fine.
CTR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/265/165

Height: 5'0"

A lot of people now are using Wellbutrin to help people quit smoking and they are finding it is good for weight loss as well. I have been on both Wellbutrin and Abilify and I found it to be a good drug mix as far as not gaining weight goes.
Svdownwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #5  
Sarcastic Non-Chick Chick

S/C/G: 360/192/150

Height: 5'7"

I just started Wellbutrin SR on Friday. So far, the only real side effect I've noticed is that I'm clenching my jaw like a meth addict. Ow. And that's causing headaches.

I was briefly on Abilify six years ago; at the time, it was selected because they thought it had the least potential for weight gain. I didn't gain weight on it, but it worsened my depression to the point where I demanded to be taken off it.
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote