Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/150/135

Height: 5'7

Default New Beginnings

Hi! I am new here and found this site while wondering how i let my weight get out of hand .. Here is my story...

A couple years ago I was in the best shape of my life. I worked out everyday , ate healthy and weighed 120 lbs ( the most i have ever weighed was 130). I had been working for the same company for about 10 yrs and while it was a bad environment and really stressful i still managed. That is until they created a new position for and hired some guy i like to call Satan. This guy made my life a living ****. Stress was higher, hours were later and i became more and more exhausted. I found myself too tired to exercise or cook when i got home so opted for fast food and tv time instead. As months passed i gained more and more weight. this added to the continual stress and caused some depression when i could no longer fit into most of my clothes. I refused to buy bigger clothes because i felt that would be giving in and accepting my new size. I started wearing my stretchy yoga pants everyday and around the house tshirts since they were the only things i can fit into. I started to fear leaving the house because i was embarrassed of my size and the clothes i had to wear. Then i get word my landlord needs to move back into the the house i was renting so i had to move. 2 months after signing a new lease i find out the new guy ran the company into the ground and laid off the entire staff, including me. So now i was fat, jobless and saddled with a way higher rent than i would have signed on for had i known joblessness was immanent. I got rejected for unemployment and cannot find a job. I have been taking side jobs here and there and cannot for the life of me focus on them. Its like i can't think anymore. I feel like this giant stupid loser who can't do anything right. I am struggling bad and feel like i am drowning. I had to relocate this week due to my BF getting a new job. I do not know anyone here but we have an awesome new place and am hoping to use this as a spring board to get my life back on track. This week i started eating healthy again,started some light work outs and boy is my body sore! Watching myself in the mirror while exercising was a real eye opener. I refused to look at myself in the mirror since the weight gain. While i knew i had gained i just was in denial about it and in my head imagined i looked a lot better than i actually did. So today i weigh 150 lb. I think i can start fitting into some clothes if i hit the 135 -140 range so that is my current goal. I just needed to get this out of me so thanks for listening..
cheese4everyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/203.5/168

Height: 5'10"

It looks like most people turn to unhealthy food nowadays because of the economy. It's understandable.... my husband lost his job and was on unemployment (believe me, they don't pay much) for 2 years but jobless for 2 1/2. I have a job... and mortgage payments. So 2 incomes went down to one. I had finally gotten my weight in control and maintained it for 6 months.... which was a big accomplishment. But all my old unhealthy habits came flooding back and 5 pounds became 10....and so on. Last year I decided to FINALLY put it all behind me (my starting weight) and then have been struggling since last July.

Then there's the clothes part.... I know exactly what you're going through.... should I buy bigger ones (and then even bigger after that)? Lose the weight? I know people notice my weight gain since I would have them say from time to time if I'm losing weight. Compliment? Maybe to them.... but I become self-conscious more. I wear baggy clothes which emphasizes everything. It's comfortable but very unflattering.

Please know that you've come to the right site. It's nice to know that there are so many people going through the same weight loss journey. We're here to help each other
Deepbluecalm is offline   Reply With Quote