Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #1  
It's Kassie Baby!

S/C/G: 250/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Uh, question about chests?

So, I have a small insecurity. So, my breasts are really far apart I'm 17 and wear a 38C, but I've always had this issue. I dunno why they sit so far apart, but it embarrasses me. /: Is it because of my weight? I mean, the general shape is nice, but even with a push up, nothing happens, and it adds no lift whatsoever. It may be due to the fat I still have on my chest..but do you think that's why?
kassiebby1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #2  
It's OK to be hungry

S/C/G: 297/T/170

Height: 5'3"

I think that everyone's body is built differently and your breasts are perfect just the way they are. You may notice changes as you lose more weight and things are moving around and redistributing and that's fine too!

FYI- I'm 30 and my breasts didn't stop growing until I was almost 20 (and then they got bigger with weight gain/s and pregnancy) and they have changed with my body throughout.
roxmysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #3  

Height: 5'0"

Agreed. Everyone's body is different, and I'm sure your breasts look fine.

That said, runningfromfat has some great posts here about proper bra fit. They might help you find one that could be more appropriate for you.
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #4  

Breasts come in different shapes and size and they're all beautiful! Don't worry too much about it, they're fine. As you lose weight you'll probably notice some changes, exercising also contributes to a nicely built body. But really, there's no reason to feel insecure, they're beautiful just the way they are.
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #5  
threenorns

trust me, hon, if guys are going to quibble about anything, it'd be altitude, not degree of separation.

that being said, mine are a 44 long and i've never had anyone "in the throes" complain.

experiment at your local la senza or lingerie shop - there are bras specifically designed to squeeze them together, not just push them up. you might also want to try a set of cookies - those are leaf-shaped pads that sit in the bottom of your bra cup.

Last edited by threenorns; 04-13-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #6  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Height: 5'6

My breasts sit a little farther apart than I think might be the "norm" but like these other posters said, all boobs are different!!

They do change when you lose weight, but if you are young like me and still have elasticity in your skin, I think you shouldn't worry about it in the least.
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:37 AM   #7  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassiebby1124 View Post
So, I have a small insecurity. So, my breasts are really far apart I'm 17 and wear a 38C, but I've always had this issue. I dunno why they sit so far apart, but it embarrasses me. /: Is it because of my weight? I mean, the general shape is nice, but even with a push up, nothing happens, and it adds no lift whatsoever. It may be due to the fat I still have on my chest..but do you think that's why?
First off. Make sure you're wearing the correct bra size. What's your underbust and bust measurements? (Measure tightly for your underbust, loosely for your bust). You can check out this link for help getting fitted and this calculator is really great too.

You're really going to struggle a lot finding bras that fit if you're in the incorrect size so really take your measurement and figured that out first.

I think what's happening is that your band is way too big. something like 80-90% of your support comes from your band so if it's too lose you're not going to get any lift/support. It should be tight enough to fit about 2 fingers comfortably underneath. Thus, the best starting point is to take underbust=band size and try on bras from there (understand to that if you're trying on bras in too small of cup sizes the band will feel too tight so you also need to try big enough cup sizes).

There are a lot of great bras that can provide lift/support in larger cup sizes. The Freya Deco is one, also the Curvy Kate Show girl bras (Thrill Me, Tempt Me, Fleurty), and basically ANY Ewa Michalak bra. They're all amazing and very supportive. I haven't personally tried the Deco but there are a ton of reviews out there on it. I do own a Thrill Me and have owned Ewa Michalak bras so I can highly recommend both.

As for having wide breasts. Well, start with your correct size and if you're still having issues let me know. There are bras that do better with wider breasts so I can help you further once you get into the correct size.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote