Old 04-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/149/130

Height: 5'3

Default Tried Tomato & Basil Soup Today YUCK!!!!!

Hello,
I am on day 3 of ideal protein. I had purchased both the tomato and the leek soup but really really did not like the soup today. I don't see my coach for another 11 days and will run out of IP meal if I can't manage to eat it. Any suggestions???? I'm now scared to try the leek.....
ideal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

Oh no!!!! I just got a few packages of that today ... sounded good. Not so much huh?
Cole3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #3  
Started IP 10/13/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideal View Post
Hello,
I am on day 3 of ideal protein. I had purchased both the tomato and the leek soup but really really did not like the soup today. I don't see my coach for another 11 days and will run out of IP meal if I can't manage to eat it. Any suggestions???? I'm now scared to try the leek.....
I love this soup! I take a little dehydrated onion and add it to it. Add some salt and pepper and a little molly mcbutter (just a dash). One of the best investments I did while on this program was to buy a magic bullet. - it does such a great job
Good luck to you !
idealpromom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

I wasn't fond of the tomato soup either, but if you throw in a couple tsp of tomato paste it will brighten the flavor some. If you can get the Walden Farms stuff, try some of the tomato and basil sauce too. Boil up your vegees too and puree them, and that will help flavor the soup (don't add that until the vegees are done). Add some italian spices, green pepper...whatever it takes!

If you have any other soups, sometimes they are better if combined, then save a portion for another meal. The leek was too oniony for me by itself, but when I combined it with chicken soup, it was pretty good. Also, I always diluted the soups so I got a bigger bowl and a thinner consistency.

Also, there are recipes you can make that use the soups, so you aren't just eating a bowl of soup. I think I tried a zuchini pancake sort of thing with the leek soup and it was pretty good. So you might do a search for the threads that have IP packet recipes in them.

Good luck!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Add franks red hot and Zuchinni. Not too bad.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

I HATE all the soups, but if you mix it with egg whites and cook it like a pancake it makes a great 'bread'! It was the only way I could eat it!
Billster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:33 AM   #7  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

I could not stomach the soups.. So I don't buy them. I usually just stick with the drinks/puddings and bars!
Kellym1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #8  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

The tomato basil is one of my favorites. The chicken noodle is okay and I will keep it for an alternative. I also liked the broccoli soup. Have not tried my Leek Soup yet either. You can trade them in. You should call or email your coach.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #9  

Thanks guys!!!! I guess I will start experimenting..... I keep hearing about Walden Farms products. I live in PEI, Canada and have checked both the Superstore and Sobey's with no luck. Anyone from Canada know where I can purchase?
Old 04-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
The tomato basil is one of my favorites. The chicken noodle is okay and I will keep it for an alternative. I also liked the broccoli soup. Have not tried my Leek Soup yet either. You can trade them in. You should call or email your coach.
All sales are final, no returns or exchanges where I go, but single packets are $5 each. Arrgh!
Andie0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #11  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

The first time I tried the tomato basil soup, I was not so excited about it, but the second time I actually liked it. I think my taste buds are evolving after a month on IP. The second time I shook it and put it in a big mug and ate it like cup-o-soup instead of putting it into a bowl.
--
Also, reading others' responses makes me really happy about my coach / clinic. I buy all my products a la carte - just circle what I want on her master list, and she charges me per box of 7 packets, even though it's a mixed box. So I don't have to commit to 7 of ANYTHING without trying it first.

The first visit she gave me an assorted bag of 28 different unrestricted items and also one packet of choc soy puffs. That way I could see what I liked. She said if there was a packet I just knew I'd never eat (because of the flavor) she'd happily trade it in for another one.

Last edited by momof2greatcats; 04-12-2012 at 01:29 PM.
momof2greatcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #12  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Thanks guys!!!! I guess I will start experimenting..... I keep hearing about Walden Farms products. I live in PEI, Canada and have checked both the Superstore and Sobey's with no luck. Anyone from Canada know where I can purchase?
You can order online http://waldenfarms.ca/ if you can't find a store that sells them.
That website also has a store locator, so you can find a store near you if there is one. HTH.

Last edited by momof2greatcats; 04-12-2012 at 01:32 PM.
momof2greatcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #13  

Thanks Jen
I went to their website. THe products look Great!!!!
Old 04-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #14  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
www.thelowcarbgrocery.com is a great source for a variety of products, and they carry the full line of WF products. You can order from them online. They're located near Toronto, Ontario. Another person here from out west mentioned that she uses them too, and it takes about a week to get her order... I live in Ontario and generally get mine in about 3 days.

Their shipping costs are very reasonable, and if you place a good sized order you can get free delivery.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 287/144/150

Ugh! I am not a fan of the tomato soup either. I still have one packet left from my introductory packets from week one. I just haven't been able to try it again. It has been sitting there for over 20 weeks.. Maybe I will try some of the other suggestions above
JKfromIL is offline   Reply With Quote