Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/164.5/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi from the Rocky Mountains :)

Hi all. I just ordered my 12 week of WonderSlim today. I really hope that I am able to use this program to help get 40 pounds off me.

So a little background. I have been with my husband for almost 10 years, but we didn’t get married till October of 2009, before we had gotten married I wanted to loose a significant amount of weight and had gone on Jenny Craig. The late winter of 2008 I had weighed in at about 160 and in a size 16. I’m five foot four inches, and that’s really heavy I think for my frame, besides NONE of my clothes fitting. So on to Jenny Craig. By the beginning of January 2009 I had started to go in and try on wedding dresses, and was surprised to be in size 12’s. When I went to get my final dress at the local shop I was measured in a size slim 8 and had gotten down to about 126 pounds. I couldn’t believe it, and was so happy. The only exercise I did was an hour a day on the treadmill, while our son was at preschool. When the weather got better then we would take a walk down to the local park and the steps and miles were about the same. I love walking.

We had gone to Jamaica for our honeymoon with our son and we ate so well, but were also on the beach and in the water a lot. I had actually lost a pound while we were gone and that made me feel even better. So I was able to keep the weight off till June/July of 2010. Slowly it started to go back up and we had stopped going to JC (oh and my husband was on it also so he could fit down into his tux and had went from 212 to 180) ☺ So with late 2010 staring us down and I had gained about 20 pounds back, we figured we would start JC back up in the beginning of 2011. Well we started and for some reason NONE of the weight would come off, for either of us. We had even started seeing a personal trainer in the house twice a week and that did ABSOULUTLY NOTHING for me. I even noticed that the treadmill wasn’t working as it had in the past, or I didn’t feel that same “high” when I got off from it, it felt stale. So we or I had tried Medifast (ugh), WW (which so didn’t help) and finally to MRC (hate them by the way and what’s up with the amount of pills) I know that my hormones or something was off but taking close to 30-40 pills a day wasn’t’ getting any weight off, but taking a lot out of our bank account.

Most of 2011 has been stressful as we were in the process of adopting a baby girl. So with not knowing when that was going to happen or where it was going to happen, kept me in constant limbo. I would try and do it on my own, or try food. My husband has continued with the personal trainer and it’s good for him, but I don’t want muscle, I need the weight OFF. Our other big problem is portion control, go figure.

I had started to resent my treadmill and couldn’t figure out why I wasn’t even able to maintain anything then I found Leslie Sansone on line, and WOW, LOVE HER, plus she’s from my home town. I never felt the affect of an hour workout on the treadmill like I do in just the 15 minutes of one of her Walk at Home Tapes, and I own most of hers now.

So it’s April 2012 and we have our brand new baby girl, were able to pick her up and keep her a day after she was born, and starting to get back in the swing of things, and for me that means having to find something that will work. JC for whatever reasons aren’t working anymore, and I know that I’m the type of person who needs the right portions and be able to eat every 2-3 hours, but the RIGHT foods, or the RIGHT portions. So the reason I’m here and going over all of the WonderSlim posts.

I don’t want to be a size 2, that’s just not in my DNA, but I am tired of being a size 14-16 and look at my 8’s and 10’s and just get so depressed. I know that when I’m at the weight of 125, everything in my closet fits and I’m happy, I have the energy, and right now, with a six year old boy and a four month old baby I have NO ENERGY. So thank you all for reading my rant and any and all help will be appreciated.

I figured I would get the 12 week program, so depending on when that comes in, 12 weeks will take me into first week or second week of July, at 2 pounds, and that should get me to my goal, then I’ll need to REALLY KEEP to some sort of maintenance program and quit letting friends sabotage me with food. I thought of doing the 8-week, but I don’t think I’ll be able to do 40 pounds in just 8 weeks, with just starting back on my walking everyday program. But if I do, the rest of the food I figured would be good to keep me in or start me on maintenance?

Just right now I feel so at a loss that nothing seems to be working. I did get the “try before you buy box” of food and was pleasantly surprised so we’ll see.
meguone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Hope your plan gets you off to a good start. Take a look around and just jump in wherever you feel comfortable ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! Best of luck to you in your weight loss journey!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote