Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 04:27 PM   #1  

Default Exercise, Diet & Supprt #3

Well ladies, we are in our 4th month of this Journey and I have to say we all have made some great friends. Please continue to share your goals and obstacles, so together we can make a dream a reality.

Remember:
**Obstacles are only visible when you stop seeing the goal!**
Old 03-13-2003, 04:30 PM   #2  

Smile

Ok,
I weighed in today and believe it or not, I am down 1.2lbs...

Yup, I couldnt' believe it, but it is true. So, it turns out I may make my goal of 185 by my 31st b-day!!! We will see..

Hope you are all having a great day.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:03 PM   #3  
I will make it!

Default Reina

Thanks for starting the new thread....the old one was getting too long...good thinking

The sushi was great!

later

gotta go exercise

Cyan
Old 03-13-2003, 07:19 PM   #4  

Hi ladies,

Reina, way to go! Just think about how much you will lose on a good week.

Cyan, you are the exercise queen.

taiwan, sometimes I get those sweet and carb cravings it seems it depends on the time of the month.

Well, I think I will show a loss on Friday but I have been really trying this week.

I'll have a longer post on Friday.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:48 PM   #5  

Hello everybody

Just got home from Parent/Teachers' conferences. Got good reports. Both kids each had 3 A's, 2 B's, and a C. The teachers all said they behave well so overall I am pleased with them. One teacher actually told me that if all of his students were just like Josh, he (the teacher) could just stay home. He said he reads and comprehends the material without instruction and is a joy to have in class. Needless to say, I was thrilled to hear that about my 13 yr old son.

It was cool to sign in and find a nice new thread. Thanks, Reina, for starting it! And congrats on the weightloss!! Isnt that wonderful to dread it thinking you wont show anything, then there is a loss anyway? Now you'll be motivated again, I'm sure.

I dread tomorrow myself but I dont think I'll have Reina's luck this week. Yesterday I stepped on the scale just to see and I showed 3 lbs MORE!! I did overeat that Chinese buffet Tues nite but other than that, I have had under 1600 calories all week. I dont know where those 3 lbs came from. Well, then again, I did have that Shrimp pasta on Sunday for my b/day. Guess next week I'll have to cut way back and really pay attention to what I allow myself to have.

Good luck to the rest of you on tomorrow's Weigh-In. TGIF!

MIKI
Old 03-14-2003, 11:21 AM   #6  
I will make it!

Angry Good Morning Ladies

Well I weighed myself this morning and I am still 166 pounds..I seem to be stuck at this weight...time for drastic measures

I have designed a 3 day menu plan of 1200 cals for today, saturday and sunday...to jump start my weight loss again...I am not losing weight otherwise and time is running out...by october...if I keep this up...I will still be 166

I hope everyone else is doing better.

Ok Ladies...I'm at work

gotta get back to it

Cyan
Old 03-14-2003, 05:29 PM   #7  

Hi ladies,

I weighed myself this morning and I am down one pound to 128! I have been very motivated and really trying very hard to succeed.

What I did right this week...
1. Tried to eat breakfast even if it was a piece of whole wheat toast with jam every day
2. Ate my turkey pita for lunch every day
3. Walked to the bus stop.
4. Used less than 3 tablespoons of butter all week
5. Bought healthy food..no food that would fuel binges

What I did bad this week
1. Didn't do yoga as much as I wanted
2. Some days cheated a little too much with the carbs and sweets

What I plan to do better this week
1. Continue to buy and eat healthy food
2. Do something nice for myself at least once a day
3. Yoga and dancing with the kids
4. Make myself a mini-goal of 120 by April 4. Seven pounds in about 25 days...2 pounds a week.

I'll post more later.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:15 PM   #8  
I will make it!

Angry Good Evening Ladies

You rock Debee...how many calories do you eat on a daily basis and fat grams? Let me know.

I had sushi again for dinner....so good...and I exercise for 30 minutes and burned off 300 cals. I didnt however stick to my 1200 cals...I had instead 1489 cals and only 33 grams of fat...I'm in trouble...I cant seem to eat at 1200 cals...its too hard ..ok I am whining...I will try again tomorrow

Ok...stay motivated

and congrats again Debee

And Reina all the girls who lost this week

Cyan
Old 03-14-2003, 11:43 PM   #9  

Hi ya'll....really do only have a sec this time. My sis and cutie little niece, Kaylen, are spending the nite. Plus another sis just got internet today and I'm trying to walk her thru getting her messenger all set up. It's really hilarious...she honestly knows NOTHING about computers or chat and it's really hard trying to show her this way instead of being at her house.

I gained .5 lb this week. It definitely could have been worse, but I wanted so bad to LOSE!!! Gotta try harder this next week.
Way to go, to those who managed to lose some. For the rest of you who, like me, didnt...Let's get back on track!!!

Gotta run for now....Ya'll have a great weekend!

Miki
Old 03-15-2003, 02:22 AM   #10  

Default hi girls

Hi all, I didn't weigh in yet, will do that on Monday. I don't expect to have lost any. only yesterday was I able to "control" my urges. Cyan, I liked your post about breathing through the urges--I thought of being in labor: My totm (time of the month) is coming, so I have realized that was my problem. I am really trying to control myself. I haven't been following ediets menu plan day for day, item for item, just a round about til I can get myself more into it and figure out what I can buy here and what I can't and substitutions and all. They have some great looking recipes and stuff. I have to learn how to make pita bread and tortillas I guess, I am afraid of trying new things, food wise.

MikiG--great news about your kids, I am sure you were just happy a could be. You should be a proud momma. Don't worry about the little gain, it's better than a big gain right?

Cyan-- I seem to be stuck at this weight, though I haven't been really serious, cheating a little here and there. But, stick with your plan.

Debee--great news about the weight loss. I am hoping I have lost at least a pound, but I doubt it. You are doing great.

Reina--you lost too!!! wow, everyone is doing great. You all are just so encouraging, really. I feel like, man I need to do this and that so I have something to write, so then I am accountable for it.

Well, I do feel my muscles toning up a little. I forget who mentioned before about the flab at the tummy. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! that is the one part I can't stand because it seems like the hardest place to lose. It's really annoying. I keep reading that you just gotta burn calories and tone that area, though toning exercises will help some but not like right away--KWIM?? Anyway, it's youth group downstairs. I am going to lock the door and put my kick and jab on (that will be the 2nd time I did cardio this week). I did my circuit toing on TF and cardio on M and today. I think I need to do a little more. Looking into buying something, don't know the name, a piece of equipment that I can use. Can't be to big as our house is sooooo small. Anyway, rambling. Oh, the little boy with the burns, he is home. Dr said he could rest better at home than in the hospital, just has to go back to the dr every 3days to change his bandages. The dr's were pleased with his progress.

Have a great day.
Old 03-16-2003, 02:36 PM   #11  
I will make it!

Angry Good Afternoon

The weather is finally warming up here...oh Happy St Patrick's Day Everyone

My exercising for this weekend had been fabulous...I exercised friday, saturday and I plan on doing it later on this evening. I have cycled a combo of 20km and I plan on adding another 10km tonight.

My eating has been controlled...I prepared 1200 cal menus but somehow I keep creeping back up 1500 cals.... I can't seem to go lower than 1500 cals..I am just too hungry.

Aside from the exercising, I have been heavy house cleaning and walking outside ...so I am sure I have burned off more calories there too.

I hope everyone is doing well and congrats to all who lost this week...I am planning on joing you this end of week with a loss too... I hope.

Ok Ladies..I am off to pick up dinner...Sushi....I am on this sushi kick now...I have had it 3 times this week Thank goodness its low in fat and calories.

Big Hug and post soon

Cyan
Old 03-16-2003, 07:36 PM   #12  

Hello everybody.

Hope you're all having a nice weekend. The weather here is perfect right now....sunny and around 75 degrees F. Today, I did 15 min on the AirWalker, then me and 2 of my sisters went and played tennis for an hour. I loved it! I havent played in years and it felt great getting back out there.

Last nite was the surprise supper at Western Sizzlin for my inlaws' 40th anniversary. Biggest surprise tho was that when we got there, I found out it was also a surprise party for MY 40th bday!! I couldnt believe it....My hubby's aunt helped me plan the anniversary party but at the same time, she was helping my sisters and mom-in-law plan MY party!! It was hilarious. My mother-in-law and I had no idea that the other was doing this. Everyone was telling us last nite how hard it was to be combining the 2 parties which meant talking to both us at regularly but having to remember what to tell who and what NOT to mention to who..LOL I cant believe they pulled it off. My mom-in-law even ordered My cake from the same place I ordered hers. Phil's aunt offered to pick them up because she just happened to find out in our conversations that they had told us BOTH to pick them up at the same time!! My mom-in-law would have run into each other getting each others' cakes if she hadnt offered to do that for us. Anyway, we had a good time. All my sisters came.

Well, speaking of my sisters, one of them just walked in the door so I guess I better go. Talk to all of you soon!!

MIKI
Old 03-16-2003, 08:01 PM   #13  

Default No loss--oh well

I kinda knew that but secretly hoping I would've lost. Hope that means I'll have a bigger loss next week. The weather here is great too, though the boys have to have a fan on while sleeping as they love to sweat.

Miki--sounds like you all had a great time. What a wonderful family you have to do that for you. Made your bday even more special. Tennis--I haven't played that since college. I don't know if I could now, I'd probably drop dead within 10min

Cyan--maybe your just not filling up on low calorie but filling foodsl. How many snacks do you eat a day? Is there a particular time you get hungry and eat more? I discovered that around 3:30-4:00pm I would get hungry and if I didn't have something, I would lose it before dinner OR eat way more than I should. Sushi--ew, you like raw fish? I can't eat that, just grosses me out. And they love it here in Taiwan

Well, we'll see how this week goes. I really feel like I am back on track and more in control than before. Gotta get past this 188lbs somehow.

talk to you later
Old 03-17-2003, 11:16 AM   #14  
I will make it!

Angry Happy Monday

Miki sounds like you had a blast...how fun! and to have all your sisters there and family....very nice I am sure. tennis is so much fun..I usually play with my sister when I visit with her.

Taiway..hang in there! You will see a loss this week.

I did well this weekend...I didnt stay under 1200 cals but I did stay under 1500 and I exercise friday, saturday and sunday....so I am happy for that.

I had some dieter's green tea last evening only to find out it contained senna leaves...needless to say...I woke up this morning at 3 am with stomach pain...I was on the throne for awhile after that!

Should have read the box before drinking it...I thought it was real green tea...nope...senna leaves and something else which is a dieuretic...YIKES

Live and learn

Oh..I enjoyed the Sushi...it rocked..but I will now curb my new obession with it..and have it next saturday only

K ladies..have a good op day!

Cyan
Old 03-17-2003, 12:28 PM   #15  

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!

well, Hope you all had a great weekend.

Miki, how exciting! I bet it was a blast! To have all your family there to celebrate your 40th. What a blessing!

Taiwan, I am sure you will see a loss soon, keep up the work and it will pay off in the end.

Cyan, hope you are feeling better!

Well, we went and bought ourselves a new Truck this weekend, We own a 2003 Chevrolet Blazer. I am so excited. No more leasing. Now I have to save up for my 2nd car, so I can stop taking the damn bus everyday! I HATE public transportation!!!

Well, I didn't eat much this weekend, too busy, so I guess I stayed on track, I did treat myself to a great burger last night. But I am still OP.

Will start working out again, but waiting on Aunt Flolita to come to town, and you know I won't work out during her visit!

Have a great week everyone!

Talk to you all soon!
Closed Thread