Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-09-2012, 09:00 AM   #1  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

Default belated NSV: new member of the 100-lb-club.

Hi All,
So, I am not quite at goal yet, and the "actual" goal is still a little fuzzy, health wise- I am done. I have cleared myself of high blood pressure, type -ii diabetes, and many other risk factors many many lbs ago.

Now, it has become a question of vanity. Not a question of "fitting in" or being the "smallest in the room", but rather fine-tuning my body to be a machine, a performance monster, to be strong, agile, flexible and remarkable. I want to be an inspiration for a movement that I refer in my own head as "self-love". Hating your body doesn't work, but respect, honour, and sometimes even compromise do.

The last thread I posted- was when I was down 90 lbs, and it felt like a little milestone, I did not see physical changes, but they were apparent. Now, just a mere 10 lbs later (mind you this has been a very slow process, almost 3 years in the making for 100 lbs) I can see myself as strong, determined, and generally worth it. I used to have very low self confidence, and very little belief in myself, and now I KNOW I can do it. The thing is, if I can do it? So can you.

The last 10 lbs have awaken my self confidence. They have change the way I smile, the way I relate to people, what I wear, how I relate to people, how I treat people, etc. It is a wonderful learning experience- and also the experience of a lifetime.

My next numerical goal, as in my signature is 163.8 (aka just a hair below 164) but in reality, I am not in a big rush. If it goes, and my body lets go of these last 5 lbs, I will be greatful and I will reward it, if it chooses to hold on a little longer, that is okay too- I am in the prime of my physical fitness and will continue to do what I enjoy.

I will spare you the milestones, but purple dress- Literally the day before I started my journey.

Beige dress- this is MY DRESS. I have had it taken in 3 times, and worn it once, it is fantastic, amazing, and my inspiration for a lot of things (again I will spare you the story). This dress is a loss of approximately 99 lbs.
The pictures in the grey dress were taken about the week before.

Reason for this post? I want to say, that each and every single person out there can do it. You can do it not through torture and deprivation, but you can do it through self love, and self respect!

EDIT: And by NSV, I totally meant SV. ha ha, guess that's what happens when you try to type out long posts before completing the morning coffee??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 525459_2747275095234_1658250008_1880279_592752394_n.jpg (20.7 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg 9116_1090442835463_1658250008_250709_1145583_n.jpg (29.2 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00939.jpg (38.0 KB, 86 views)

Last edited by stimkovs; 04-09-2012 at 09:05 AM.
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 193.4 / 133.0 / 120

Height: 5'1

No matter how long it took, you did it! You look so happy and healthy in the current picture, big difference from the 2009 one.

Congratulations!
hle82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:27 AM   #3  

congrats thats great!
HERMIONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 238/223/130

Height: 5'4"

congratulations! You look amazing, but more important you sound like you've made some amazing changes all around!
eyre13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

WOOHOO.....This is so inspiring- especially for us still trying to join the club Thanks for sharing and CONGRATS again...

BY THE WAY...I didn't even recognize you in the gray dress! You look AMAZING!

Last edited by free1; 04-10-2012 at 10:05 AM.
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #6  

That beige dress looks gorgeous on you!
chui123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #7  
threenorns

i love the beige dress - it's totally you!
Old 04-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/ see ticker /147

Height: 5/4

Wow, Sofie you look great! Congrats, on your awesome achievment! Very inspirational story and I love how you stated we can do this through self love and respect!! You were beautiful before but wow girlie your shining now!!
roxybabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #9  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

thank you, thank you, and a million thank you's. honestly, from the bottom of my tiny little heart.

point 1- the beige dress, is my dress. you know how every woman has a dress? this is mine. i tried this dress on, in the same size that i'm wearing in that pic, in jan 2011 and it was too small, like i could zip it, but it wasn't okay. i didn't buy it. i later bought it in november 2011 in that same size (it's a bcbg LG), and had to have it taken in pretty majorly by the time i wore it about a week ago (it took a pro suit guy 3 weeks, and 2 attempts lol).

2. self respect, hating our bodies is what put us , or atleast me into this predicament. i was always given "advice" of what i "maybe shouldn't eat" or that "maybe i've had enough". well guess what? if i want to have a cake (A CAKE, not a slice of cake) for dinner today, i will know that i will need to eat lightly for the next several days, and mostly "fuel up" as opposed to enjoy treats. i often catch myself having negotiations with my body, asking it kindly, sometimes even backing off- because when your body shuts down (Ex: injuries, colds, flus etc) it's asking you for forgiveness, and it's asking you to let it rest- let it rest. the numbers on the scale are nice, and they are like validation, but the well being, the muscle, the tone, the enjoyment of things is the real reward! treat yourself kindly!!
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote