Old 04-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

Default scary discovery: shopping is my biggest motivation

Went shopping today, and picked up some jeans (easily fit in a size 30 without any wiggling ) comfy lounge pants (size medium), and a shirt (size medium again )

Unfortunately, what I have discovered:

- If I fit into a new size, I get super happy and get motivated to continue losing weight
- If I dont fit into a new size, I'll get grumpy but get motivated to step it up with my weight loss..

Darned if you do, darned if you dont!! My poor wallet

Last edited by summerlove; 04-07-2012 at 09:49 PM.
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:19 AM   #2  
threenorns

*sigh*

i wish i could use clothes shopping as a motivator. i LOVE shopping for my littlest but when it comes to shopping for myself, if it's not canadian tire or a geek shop, i'd rather lick razor blades, lol.

my problem is that if i think it looks good or if i love it, *****guaranteed***** it's hopelessly tacky or skanky or something. i seem to be mired in the 80s but at least i never got into acid-wash.

Last edited by threenorns; 04-08-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:00 AM   #3  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Haha! It sounds like fun motivation though. But yeh, if you go shopping at every size-change it could be expensive!

threenorns: you crack me up constantly. LOL

I hate shopping. As in. H.A.T.E. If I can run into a store pick some stuff and run out I do it once a year. For now I am postphoning all shopping activity till I am at goal-weight. Which has me walking around in baggy stuff. But the cool thing is people don't notice the weightloss as much either. So once I go for proper clothes it's gonna be dramatic!

And yes, I am sort of the dramatic type.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #4  
Incredible Shrinkin Woman

S/C/G: 270/234/155

Height: 5'11"

I love shopping. I love any kind of shopping from thrift stores to high-end stores. In fact, i have a Goodwill that is about a 10 minute walk from my apartment. Shopping is a HUGE motivator for me, I love that Im on my way to wearing clothes I havent worn in a long time. I do it with more than clothes too. I do it with makeup, hair accessories, and Jewelry. I was online tonight looking for a new ring. I wear a cheap metal ring on my thumb and its about falling off! In a few more pounds im certain it will be down the drain and then i get to buy a new one. WOOHOO!
UnderTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #5  
threenorns

in that case, why not go for the gold?

if you think your finger will shrink some more, get a gold band and have a custom pattern engraved on it, one that will show every time you need to size the ring down.

another idea would be a pendant where, for every goal you meet, you can have the jeweller add a stone - one of those family rings or family pendants would work nicely, like this one: https://www.alexandersjewellery.com/...6_3w-293ST.jpg
Old 04-08-2012, 09:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by philana View Post
Haha! It sounds like fun motivation though. But yeh, if you go shopping at every size-change it could be expensive!

threenorns: you crack me up constantly. LOL

I hate shopping. As in. H.A.T.E. If I can run into a store pick some stuff and run out I do it once a year. For now I am postphoning all shopping activity till I am at goal-weight. Which has me walking around in baggy stuff. But the cool thing is people don't notice the weightloss as much either. So once I go for proper clothes it's gonna be dramatic!

And yes, I am sort of the dramatic type.
ME TOO. I'm gonna get my brows done too at some pricey place for even more of an oo-la-la effect!
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #8  

Height: 5'2"

i have a love/hate with shopping. sometimes i'll be in a groove and find great stuff, sometimes nothing will fit me right and i'll almost be in tears. i hate the new styles today with the wide, cropped tops. they are everywhere. they look good on no one (not even the model in my opinion).

i like to pop into thrift stores. you can find things that are sometimes brand new. best part of all, if you shrink out of them..you didn't spend that much.
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #9  
Long Hauling It

S/C/G: 365/208/190

Height: 6' 3"

Whatever works. It's cool you find something that motivates you regardless of outcome.
shapedself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #10  
threenorns

oh!!!!! i just had the most awesome idea!!!!!

what about a ring that has a pattern on it that changes slightly every time it has to be sized down and when you've reached goal size, the pattern has become something like a flower? something like a ... i dunno, something tendrily and vine-y with fronds top and bottom that, once the top and bottom meet, become the petals of a flower?
Old 04-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #11  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlove View Post
Went shopping today, and picked up some jeans (easily fit in a size 30 without any wiggling ) comfy lounge pants (size medium), and a shirt (size medium again )

Unfortunately, what I have discovered:

- If I fit into a new size, I get super happy and get motivated to continue losing weight
- If I dont fit into a new size, I'll get grumpy but get motivated to step it up with my weight loss..

Darned if you do, darned if you dont!! My poor wallet
I find that if I'm having one of those periods where I ask myself "why am I working so hard?" going shopping makes me realize why I stick to it! I did this recently and found that I'm (depending on brand and cut) wearing a size 2 pant now. After that I had NO desire for that food I had been arguing with myself about!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote