Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 07:47 AM   #1  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Thursday's going to be SUCH a great day!

Just getting the thread started, bbiab....
Old 03-13-2003, 08:03 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Good morning Jayne!

Robin - How was WI?

Tonya - If your sig is correct, then there is only 6 pounds to lose between now and the middle of April...you can do it!

Kirsty - That nurse story made me so mad! I would not have been able to hold my tongue like you!

Rina - Hey! try to pop in today

KT - WTG on the 2 pounds! woohoo! Its good to hear good news about your Dad and neice too.

Wendy - Weekends are easy for me mainly because I sleep really late. So I have a late breakfast, then I'm not hungry until 2-3 in teh afternoon, then I eat dinner at a normal time (6 or 7) and I'm full! I can actually usually fit alcohol in on the weekends if I eat dinner at 2 or 3 (what should have been my lunch) and then have a couple of drinks later in the night.

Belle - Why were you at a job fair if you are not hiring? That doesn't make any sense to me either. Hope you had fun!

Well last night I didn't do well. I felt really sick and ended up emptying my tummy (in more ways than 1) The worst part was that my tummy was all empty afterwards so I ate when I felt better so I probably ended up going way over points, I have no clue. I almost didn't come into work today either. But I want to stay late to earn some credit hours (kind of like a "work now, take it off later" type of deal we have here).

Hope all of you had a better night than me last night!
Old 03-13-2003, 08:07 AM   #3  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Good morning all you about to post. Couldn't get on yesterday due to internet problems. Aaron has turned into a total monkey and he (in the time that it took me to blow off a telemarketer) climbed up on the computer desk and came down with a cable in his hand. I had no idea where it went, so bye bye internet until hubby came home to fix it.

Lori, how did your lunch at Ruby Tuesday's go? Were you able to resist the chocolate pudding? We used to have one within walking distance of our old house, and I still think about how good it is there. Good for you for sticking to the salad bar!

Robin, how did your WI go? Did those stubborn 4 come off for you? Even if they didn't, you've done really well sticking ot your points and that's a victory in itself. Way to go, no matter what the WI result!

Tonya, I too am looking forward to the weekend warm-up. Minnesota just isn't a pleasant place to be in the winter, just like WI. Did you and dd do a little girl bonding yesterday afternoon? I think that to make things a habit, you really do need to take small steps. That's what WW teaches with its whole winning outcomes. So I think you're really going about things right to take small steps rather than try to do it all at once and get way overwhelmed.

Kirsty, do Kier and I need to go open a can of whoop-@ss on that nasty nurse-lady? She sounds jealous that you are more in shape than she is. How are your shaky fingers doing? If that doesn't stop, get it checked out, ok? What fabulous weekend have you got planned (because yours all sound fabulous!)

Hey RIna -- glad to hear that you're going to have a partner in these efforts. It can be lonely to do all by yourself...

KT, I'm so glad you saw some numbers on the scale that you liked. That is the best motivator in the world for me. How are your dad and niece doing?

Wendy, I struggle on the weekends too. I have found the best way for me to stay out of the pantry and fridge is to stay busy busy busy. Like running errands during a time of day when I would usually snack out of boredom, and not bringing any cash so I can't get anything to eat. Or I get out the stamping stuff, and I won't eat while I stamp because I don't want to mess up my projects. Or get out the sock-bag that every household has of unmatched socks and start sorting on your lap -- you won't want to get up to get something to eat with all those socks laid out on top of you.

Belle, hope your annual appt. went well. Do you hate those as much as I do? I guess we'd really be odd if we enjoyed them, wouldn't we? Hope the career fair wasn't too boring...at least your company got their name out there a little, and maybe you got to make a few contacts.

Whew...after all that, I don't know what to type about me. Thanks for all of your input on the friend situation. I have such a great family and neighbors that are also very close friends, as well as a coworker that I'm close with. That will just have to do, because I'm too important to be treated rudely. Not that I'm completely full of myself, mind you, just realizing that I don't deserve that from anyone, no matter how inadvertant. I'm keeping so busy these days...my voice students all have their solo and ensemble contest next week, so they've all scheduled extra lessons. It's Lent, and since I direct both the choirs at church, that means two services to sing for each week instead of one, as well as the rehearsal time. The community chorale that I belong to is getting close to their concert, so we're kicking things up a notch there. I'm kind of sick of music right now. But all that busyness keeps me out of trouble and out of the cookie jar, I guess.

Kier, Laura, and Jess...haven't seen you girls in awhile...I miss you! COme out and play!!
See you kiddos later!

Last edited by aaronsmom; 03-13-2003 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:09 AM   #4  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Lori, good to see yout this morning. SOrry to hear that your tummy is not doing well...you're such a trooper to suck it up and go to work anyway. Hope you get some time to rest and recover!
Old 03-13-2003, 09:31 AM   #5  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello!

Hey everybody!! It seems like it's been forever since I posted, but I've just been so busy! I've been swamped at work and I was sick most of last week, which totally sucked. And the week before that, I was eating everything in sight, so I wasn't much good for anything.

So, things here are going OK. I think work is calming so I should be around more. I was up 2.8 at my last WI, so my eating is back under control and should help me to come around more often--I hate to come here when I'm eating badly because I'm afraid it's contagious and I don't want to give it to anyone.

Yep, I kind of snuck that "up 2.8" thing in there. I now weigh more than I did when I started WW this year. But, maybe I needed to see a gain like that to get me back on track. Seeing something like that on the scale is such a terrible feeling--hopefully I'll remember that feeling next time I go to pig out. I'm not sure what my problem is, I noticed that I have been consistently losing then gaining then losing then gaining. I keep sabotaging myself and I don't know why. I think maybe that weight loss just isn't as high of a priority as it used to be. Actually, it's not that weight loss isn't as important, it's that exercise isn't as important and my exercise was what made it easier to stay OP. So, now that I've pinpointed the problem and have a little motivator, I should be able to get it together.

Lori--I'm sorry that you're not feeling well, you poor thing. You really are a trooper to go into work, I hope the day flies by for you and you can go home and climb in bed to recuperate.

Jayne--I kind of followed along through your posts about that group of friends and totally agree with you--you are too important to be treated like that and the people who really deserve to spend time with you are the ones who take the time to do it and to make you feel special and important.

I actually am going through something similar here at work. OK, here's the deal: I work in a cube area that has 4 cubes and all of those cubes are occuppied by women. The girl next to me, the one diagonal to me, and I used to spend a lot of time talking and taking breaks together, etc. I kind of stopped when I got so busy here at work, and now they email each other back and forth (I know because I can hear them giggling over them). Then, if they're not emailing, they're yelling over the cube walls. If it's not that, they're on the phone (mind you, they sit right next to each other in different cubes) with each other, talking quietly. The fact that they're doing it and are so quiet about it makes me feel like they're spending a lot of time talking about me. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I think it's pretty immature and very unprofessional. Not to mention hurtful to the one who's being left out. Anyway, enough of my whining.

Well, ladies, this is turning into a monster post, and it's mostly just me rambling about myself, which is embarassing and self-centered. I'll be back later to respond to other posts, I hope. For now, I better get a little work done.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:32 AM   #6  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default One More Thing...

Jayne--I ordered the Walk Away the Pounds videos from Amazon.com, but haven't received them yet. When I get them, we should be walking buddies and keep each other going!!
Old 03-13-2003, 10:06 AM   #7  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Jess,you got it!!! I've done the three mile every day for a week now. My muscles have been mildly sore over it, but they're firming up a lot faster than I ever thought they would...I'm getting some pretty major bicep-age!!! Let me know when you get it.

I sure do feel your pain on the cube situation. It's all so very high school, isn't it? I remember posts you had written quite a few months back with the same theme. These girls sound like they may not deliberately be blowing you off, but they also sound not quite as mature as you. I have never understood clique mentallity (other than keeping the desperately insecure happy) and I don't think I ever will.

By the way, I just found the cards you made -- they were stuck inside the mailing envelope. They're beautiful! I think you have a new customer in Minnesota...

Last edited by aaronsmom; 03-13-2003 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:24 AM   #8  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Jess - I haven't found a lot of people to take breaks with and stuff here yet. But now that I moved to this new department, I think there are nicer people here. How about telling those girls you are sorry you have been so busy lately and why not go get coffee some day soon when work lets up a bit with them?

Yeah, I don't know WHAT was wrong with me last night. It felt like some soft of allergic reaction. I took benadryl right away and then started to feel better. I felt better this morning, just really tired from it all. Hopefully I will get to bed early tonight, but the Bruins game is on and they are playing the Devils and I really don't want to miss this game haha
Old 03-13-2003, 12:52 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone I'm here. Not so good CAT scan results yesterday on my dad so we were feeling better but now we're a little discouraged. They will have to do surgery and remove the growth and biopsy some other things they found and then we sit and wait. Of course, all this is dependant upon him getting a bed. There are currently 19 people waiting for beds in the emergency, my dad being one of them. They recently closed a bunch of beds at the hospital and they're understaffed. I would rant about the current government in my province but I've done an awful lot of that lately so I'm ranted out.
OK - now to distract myself from all the thoughts in my head.
Lori - I hope you're feeling better as the day goes on. Take a nap in the afternoon and then enjoy the game!
Jayne - holy choirs! (I couldn't resist) Sounds like you're keeping busy and you're right, you are worth better than all that annoyance.
Jess - you need to come here when you're eating badly so we can support you and help you back on track. That's what we're here for. Glad to hear you're back on track
OK - back to it, I'll be back cause I can't focus on work right now anyway.
KT
Old 03-13-2003, 01:31 PM   #10  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hi Ladies -

Lori - hope you are feeling better.

KT - I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I can't imagine having to wait in the emergency room until the hospital can come up with a bed. My thoughts are with you.

Jess - If you figure out how to remember how awful you feel about the scale going up when you are pigging out, TELL ME!!! BTW - I have WATP too. I don't do it everyday (boredom) but really like the 2 and 3 mile work-outs.

Jayne - you mentioned something that struck a chord with me today......baby steps.....I'm always telling everyone else who falls off the wagon to use baby steps but I realized that I expect myself to be 100% OP or I consider the day/week/month a failure. I need to think on this.

Have been busy at work - that's why I'm not here much. Eating is horrible - 1 day eating healthily and then a 3 or 4 pigging out...and seeing the scale go up doesn't seem to stop me even though I'm practically in tears when I see the number. Have been doing well working out though so far this week:
Mon: The Firm Body Sculpt and Ab Sculpt
Tues: Yoga Class (Vinyasa Style - hoowee!)
Wed: 2 Mile WATP, Circuit Training Class (my abs HURT!)
Thurs: 3 miles on treadmill in 45 minutes
Planned for Friday: The Firm Body Sculpt and Ab Sculpt

Quick question for those of you who have ever had in-law issues. BEFORE you married your spouse, if there were concerns/reservations etc. about your BF's family interactions/expectations - how did you handle them? I could REALLY use your advice!

Must go work.

BBL

Laura
Old 03-13-2003, 01:40 PM   #11  
Andrew

You are right Jayne-Thursday is going to be a GREAT day. So far anyway. I lost 5 pounds at WI last night!!! That is 18 altogether. I said I was going to do it and I did it!! And it has given me incentive to do it again this week. As you can tell-I'm feeling pretty good today . On to some hellos....

Lori-You must have gotten rid of some points by emptying out your stomach. When I'm sick I just want to eat comfort foods-nothing that is good for me.

Jayne-It sounds like you have plenty of friends around you-good for you on refusing to be treated badly. We should all stand up for ourselves like that more often.

Jess-I'm glad you posted even though you don't feel like you're doing good. I gained 4 lbs last week. I was crushed and that kind of stuff usually keeps me away from here because I don't want to tell anyone how bad I did. But I posted anyway and got a lot of support and I got back on the horse. I'm sure I'll fall off again and again and again but it's nice to know there are other people who are going through the same thing as me. Hang in there-keep posting.

KT-Hope everything works out Ok w/ your Dad. I can't imagine waiting for a bed for so long. Hope one comes open soon.
Old 03-13-2003, 01:46 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

Laura - I was always upfront and honest about any in-law situations, discussing them first with my BF and then dealing with the in-law if necessary but I warn, the interactions a man has with his family tell you something about the types of interactions he will have with his own family later on. Just something to think about.
Robin - AWESOME JOB!! Keep up the great work!
KT
Old 03-13-2003, 01:59 PM   #13  
Canadian Chick

Hi all, I'm finished work for the day & am feeling extremely exhausted so I'm not going to post properly. Just thought I'd let you know I was here.

KT That's terrible about waiting for a bed for your dad. In sask they've shut down so many hospitals & so many beds int he big hospitals that people have to travel far or wait really long or sometimes both. Hopefully your Dad will get a bed soon.

Anyway I'm going to try to go have a nap. I might be back later on. Sorry I'm not responding to you all right now.
Old 03-13-2003, 03:05 PM   #14  
Cockeyed Optimist

Great job Robin!!

Rina - hope you get enough sleep tonight.

KT - I'd forgotten that you had multi-year "not quite the wife" in-law experience. I'd pretty much figured that I'd have to talk to him first...that's the part I'm worried about. The problem isn't that he's negative about his family - that would concern me - rather just the opposite. "The family" is all important in his world and my concern is that he would continue to make his birth family his priority instead of our relationship/"family" the priority and/or that I would always have to be the one to set boundaries with both of our extended families and become the eternal bad guy.

Just got my hair cut. Usually a huge pick me up on a rough day but she was an absolute butcher!!! I cried on the way back to work about it! I know it is hair and that it will grow but it frustrates me to spend an obscene amount of money on a cut that I hate!
Old 03-13-2003, 04:06 PM   #15  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hey Laura, from a former hair stylist, you call them back (you have to talk to the manager, but you don't have to talk to the stylist) and tell them how much you hate it and ask for your money back and for the cut to be fixed, if it can be. Salons are used to this -- on average, one in ten clients will not like a haircut. Sometimes it's the stylist, sometimes unrealistic expectations. But whatever the reason, they will always fix it (another stylist, not the same one) and refund your money.
As for the in-law thing, I have a difficult in-law situation. Hubby's parents are divorced (we agree that it's the best move his dad ever made) and his mom is controlling and has done many horrible things to him in the past. She has gotten counseling and has apologized to him for this. He forgives her, but I don't think I ever fully will. She is controlling even today and very much a spoiled 3 year old who always has to have her way. We both have to communicate a lot to stay on the same page so she doesn't manipulate us too much. It's a good thing that you're addressing this now, because that could really be a deal-breaker, you know? I am willing to bet, though, that if you can tactfully voice some of the concerns you're having (maybe very subtly, so he just feels like he figured it out himself) you will see some changes for the better.

Rina, go take a nap.

Robin, GREAT weigh-in! I'm proud of you!

KT, I'll be keeping your dad in my thoughts/prayers. Keep your chin up!

Lori, have you been tested for allergies formally at an allergy clinic? You seem to have so many food sensitivities and allergies...I wonder if life could be easier for you if you knew what to avoid or had some meds to help you.

I have a friend who had a stillborn baby last week, and she's pretty down. Her husband has a business trip tonight and she's really afraid to be alone with her thoughts, etc. So we're going to shop...Sam's Club, the mall, get a quick healthy bite to eat. Her son is a month younger than Aaron, so the boys will enjoy each other too. I'm just hoping I can say the right things to cheer her up about things. Having been through that myself, I am so dreading her asking me if it ever gets better and telling her that no, it won't, so you have to get stronger so you are better able to handle it. I want to help her, but I don't know if I'm really able. On the other hand, she is anxious to be with me because I've been there and know what she's feeling as much as anyone else can. Send some helping vibes my way, please. This might be tough...
Closed Thread