Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-06-2012, 12:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/212/140

Height: 5'2

Default I am the only fat person I know.

Really. In my small community all the other SAHMs and homeschoolers are super fit go getters. I finally met a cute chubby mama - and i was like -so desperate to become friends - but she's super busy. I just feel so alone. Like I am the only one. And I feel like everyone is staring at me. Judging me.
My little girl (6) says she is glad I am so soft and cuddly - not pokey like the other mamas. But who knows how long that will last Anyway - its so nice to find a community - even if i never really meet anyone - at least I know I am not alone.
tuvalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:07 AM   #2  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

Well, don't let that get you down! Everyone s different and I am sure the skinny go getter moms have their own demons. I know a lot of skinny go getter moms taking their kids adhd meds to be that way. *hugs* this forum is great! I am the the fattest of all of my friends,, only here and there it is pointed out on accident (like my friends husband saying he would call me "BT" for British tiffany and his wife saying oh I thought you meant "BT for Big Tiffany"... that hurt pretty bad and it was hard to keep a straight face. But I know all too well that we all have our own issues! And they usually don't mean to say hurtful things. Having a friend in common that has other things in common, besides being fat, can be rewarding too. Say if they do activities that you would like to participate in.

Last edited by TiffNeedsChange; 04-06-2012 at 01:09 AM.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/212/140

Height: 5'2

I suppose is since weight loss is my major activity now- I would love to have someone in a similar situation to do it with. When I threw out my back in Yoga - I don't think anyone could relate to what I was going through - let alone the embarrassment. I know I sound pretty whinging about the whole thing - but I guess more then anything -I am glad to have this forum. It makes a big difference for me - reading about other peoples struggles and how they met their goals. I am doing nutrasystem - and I hope it works out! The weather and my back pain are clearing up - so I hope we find more time for exercise.
thanks for your encouragement
cheers
Tu'
tuvalu is offline   Reply With Quote