Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 243/230/150

Height: 5'5"

Default New Life - Day 1

So... I’ve been trying to lose weight for years! I successfully lost 26 pounds last year on Weight Watchers... then summer came and I quit the gym... here I am, a year later and gained 14 or more of those pounds back I'm tired of this! If I watch what I eat and exercise, I LOSE WEIGHT! But I let my emotions control me

BUT - today is a new day... I found this site and it's inspired me to get serious once again. I know I can do this. No more “last meals” (have had a million of them)... no “starting tomorrow” (you know you’ve said it too! ha!)... today, today is the day! And the best part... tonight is my weight watcher night. I'm going to the meeting and I'm getting my butt on that scale!!

I'm 31 years old, I have a wonderful husband, and a beautiful active 5 (almost 6) year old. She's involved in tumbling and cheerleading and dance. I first and foremost need to lose the weight for myself, but I also want to do it for her. To show her a fit and healthy mom and to be able to play and be crazy with her. And also to feel attractive and sexy to my husband, I know he loves me regardless, but I need the confidence in myself.

Thanks for listening to this newbie rant! Hoping to find lots of help and encouragement here. I have a long way to go, but I KNOW I can do it!

Any advice you have for me or boards you think I’d be interested in, I’d love to hear about them!
shannon0517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/160?

Height: 5'8

Welcome!! You will definitly find all the support, tips, and helpful tid bits on here you need! Best advice I've read so far on here is to remember that we all have little mishaps or bumps in the road along the way, what matters is what you do next! Try not to beat yourself up over it and just get back on track the next meal etc! Good luck on your journey and look forward to hearing about your successes!
lyrical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/203.5/168

Height: 5'10"

I'm a newbie as well to this site. I'm hoping that this place will help me out since there's so many people with the same problem out there.

I've got that same exact mentality.... "last" meal.... tomorrow i'll start... only to set myself up for failure every single time.

Glad to know that I'm not alone.
Deepbluecalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/tracker/130

Height: 5'06

Great to have you here! Check out the WW forum, it's great! Good luck with your goals
Dunediner is offline   Reply With Quote