South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 05:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default SBD Daily Chat for Tuesday, 4/3

I looked at my clock wrong this morning and thought it was time to get up. I know I'm losing it.

Anyway, coffee's on!
Old 04-03-2012, 06:15 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks, Cottage. We can always count on you to have the coffee ready. I'm having coffee with Paul this morning. Too bad he's dead!

A full day ahead with baking for tomorrow, Wendy my gardener coming, a car that may be sick, pet therapy at the nursing home and the "lads" and their noisy machines coming to take down that tree. I also need to work in a trip to the bank to get them cash. They'd take a cheque but prefer cash - it's the underground economy!

Came home from my quilting meeting with two quilts to bind, two to machine quilt and three to find backing for! I also have to design a quilt around some blocks that a dear old lady made for us - that'll be a challenge! I sure won't be without projects for the inevitable rainy days in April.

Off to start the day. As they say around here, "No flies on me!"

Happy Tuesday to us all.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:29 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Linda, I'm not fond of the the mornings when I read the clock wrong...enjoy the peace and quiet and thanks for the coffee!

Ruth, the underground economy thrives here, too. Your day is mapped out...I do hope the car is ok. I'm just in awe of your quilts. I would love to see them sometime.

Me, no flies here either except one that fell out of the chandelier when I was cleaning it. I've been putzing for hours now doing small things waiting for 7 when my helper arrives to help me move furniture and then remove the rest of the awful blue carpet. It's snowing lightly here and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather will hold for Kirk to get over the passes today. It's 17 degrees at the Continental Divide right now...perhaps it will warm up later.

Coffee is extra tasty today. BBL
Old 04-03-2012, 06:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Cottage - thanks for starting us off, even if you are losing it

Ruth - I don't see time for a nap in there!

I am finishing up the chili prep I started last night for the crock pot, get the kids on the bus, and then a quick run. Off to work for a long day, and DH has a meeting late, so the kids might join me too!

I have strong coffee this am!
Old 04-03-2012, 06:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

LOL, Ruth! Yes, he's dead, but he still makes the BEST coffee. I sure wish I could be there to help you with the quilting today!

Mornin', Debbie! I'll keep my fingers crossed that Kirk can make it over the pass. I guess it's cold enough here for it to snow, but it's hard to imagine since we've had very little this past winter. I think we're going to be in the 60s today.

We had a good day yesterday, and I even managed to be home by 5. I let Audrey bake pumpkin bread all by herself, and Maggie did a great job making blueberry muffins with very little supervision, then we wrapped everything and tucked them in the freezer for them to take on their camping trip tomorrow. Such good little bakers! I taught them well.

After lunch I taught them how to weave with straws, and they were occupied with that for the rest of the afternoon. We'll have 3 other kids joining us today, and the girls are eager to show them how to weave, too. I was hoping to bring Amber along with me today, but then Tyler would be upset because he can't come, so she's staying home to keep him company, good sister that she is.

Tammy! I hope your weekend trip went well!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-03-2012 at 06:45 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

I need to learn to resist the urge to get up and pee at 4:30; I never manage to fall back asleep. After an hour awake, thinking about all sorts of things, I gave up so I could write them down before I forget!

I'm going to yoga this morning even though I think it isn't good for my calf. Then I work this afternoon. It was fun to see the new clothes yesterday before they hit the floor and I was able to come home and read more about them online to help me learn them. After my shift today, if I'm not too tired, I'm going to try on most of them so I will know how they fit.

I made zucchini pizzas again last night. This time I sliced the zucchini into little rounds and the size was perfect to top with a turkey pepperoni. I'm kinda digging this new meal.

Catch ya later...
Old 04-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #7  
Start IP 6/25/12

S/C/G: 242.8/230.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning peeps! First cup-o down, ready for a second today -- my sweet DD woke me up in the middle of night crying because her temp tatoo (we call them skin stickers) was coming off I asked how she knew that in the middle of the night? Ugh. Rough time getting back to sleep after that.

So double coffee today for sure! Got lots of paperwork to do today, should be ready for a nap by around 2:30 this afternoon.

Gonna aim for a walk instead.

Happy On Plan Tuesday to ALL!!

phoenix!

Old 04-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me to many meetings again.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #9  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

The energy you ladies have in the morning astounds me! Regular day here today. Work than picking up the kids from MIL's. I'm sure she'll be ready for a break by the time I get there!
Our date night was wonderful. We only get out once or twice a year so we really appreciate it when we can. I even managed to not go off plan too bad. Just two small pieces of homemade bread - totally worth it! - and a few roasted red potatoes along with my chicken. Back on plan today with phase 1.5.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 239/ticker/135

Hi everyone!

I am definitely not a morning person, but I'm finding that I have to get up earlier to fit in exercise and breakfast. It has made a huge difference in my ability to fit in the important stuff.

I'm self-employed, so my schedule is totally up to me. I'll admit that I have taken that long slow slide into laziness over the years. Time to gear up, though. Thankfully, the SBD plan has boosted my energy so I don't feel like a slug in the morning!

I hope you all have a lovely day!
Old 04-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

We really don't have that much energy, Kelly. I'm old and I fake it a lot!

Meant to welcome you earlier, Tribal Girl. I hope someone has told you that I get first pick of the cabana boys. Just sayin' ...

The lads are here dealing with my poor old elm tree and the dogs are going nuts with the noise of the saw and the chipper. Looks like they'll be done soon though and we'll be able to have a quiet lunchtime before I head off with Miss Disney to do pet therapy at the nursing home.

I hope everyone is having a healthy and fun day. (I am resisting the carrot cake that just came out of the oven.)
Old 04-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 239/ticker/135

Hi Ruth! Thanks for the welcome, this is such a cool place.

Cabana boys? Awesome! This place just gets better and better. :-)
Closed Thread