Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 4/1/12

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-08-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:14 AM   #2  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Are you excited about a new month? February and March I stayed within my maintenance weight range. I am very happy about that. Now, I would like to work on getting my weight back down a few pounds. There's nothing wrong where I am at now, except my clothes are a little tighter than I would like them to be. I also feel more comfortable at a lower weight. We'll see how it goes.

The scale is up this morning, thanks to the grits, maple syrup, and French toast last night. I enjoyed it and haven't done that in a while. Today I am back on plan, though.

Calories for yesterday: 1940 +
Weigh In: 148.2
Up: 1.2 pounds

ETA: Here's a link to a new workout. This was posted at another forum that I frequent. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtYRj6OBAw4

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-01-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #3  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,
I am so tired and sore right now. I was supposed to clean my DD's room yesterday, but ended up in DS's room til 12.30 or so. I was just going in to help with cans...He had over 500 cans in his room. I also found about 10 dirty spoons, 6 dirty forks, 5 dirty plates and I lost count on dirty tumblers. I found candy, crackers and cheetos on his floor and several leftover pudding cups and jello. The entire time, I joked, but my heart was breaking. Friday, I bought him socks 2 paks because I kept doing laundry, but I never washed one pair of his socks. I found all of them under and around his bed, even after I had told him to look and bring them down. He's not lazy, that's what scares me. He watched me like a hawk and seemed really worried I'd throw the wrong thing away. I tried explaining I only wanted trash cans and food out, he could have the rest. Well needless to say, I have to go back into the jungle today.

Now don't think I didn't help out DD as well. As soon as all the kitties were moving, I went down to our porch and cleaned all the stuff we put there when Hurricane Irene hit. I put it all back on the deck and threw out the trash that someone keeps putting there instead of the bins (I have a very weird family). After that we bust down my DD trundle bed and put it on the deck, for big trash. Luckily we have gotten most of her furniture for free, I don't feel bad when we toss them. She wants to paint her room today! I feel rushed, but I will get this done...I'll be sore FOREVER, but I will get this done. I may even be able to finish the paint job in my hall way that I started last summer. But right now, I need coffee!

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day.

Forgot to mention: I only ate once yesterday and didn't drink near enough, only peed twice (without any accidents) so I am up 2lbs! The body is so funny and I'm soooo thirsty.

Last edited by mamakat; 04-01-2012 at 08:57 AM.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #4  
It's Kassie Baby!

S/C/G: 250/206/150

ugh. Breakfast this morning. My mom made FRIED PANCAKES. I honestly have no idea how many calories are in them, so I just assumed 610 from the adding up I got from the ingredients. I'm stuffed, kind of sick, actually. My tummy is not happy that I ate all of that :PP
kassiebby1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Yeah another week!

Lost 3.2 at weigh in this morning.
Diana Yes I stayed in points yesterday thanks for asking. I love my Mom but could not and would not live with her again. I hope your Mom gets well. You are very caring towards her.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #6  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana - Sorry about all that your mom is going through, and you indirectly out of concern for her. Have to tell you that all that yummy food sounds delish even though scale is making you pay for it temporarily. Great job staying at maintenance!!!!

Mamakat - I am so OCD that seeing all that in DS's room would have caused me to flip out. You did amazing and are such a great parent. My DS had put empty fudgicle wrappers and a couple brownie wrappers between his mattresses (we found when we put his new bedframe together) and I flipped at that. He is grounded from computer, internet...and JUST finally earned back his IPod after 3 weeks and much weed-pulling, yard cleaning, house-helping. 18 yrs old or not... he should know better than to do the things that get my goat by now,

kassie - sorry to hear of the belly. LOTS of water will help from the sugar upset

plucky - Great job at the loss!!! Great job!!!

As for me - no workout yesterday, spent the day recovering from the night/morning of dancing/drinking/friends Today is another story and should be fun. I was still down on scale today, so it did stick..AND I am on day 3 of TOM and it STILL stuck!!! By gory, I may have broken plateau afterall!!! Time to change the ticker
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #7  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

ItsMyTurn OK, I didn't even check between mattresses! I'd like to say both my kids are old enough to know what gets my goat, but they don't or they don't care... This weekend is supposed to be focusing on the things that have been driving me crazy...son's cans, daughter living in my living room. So if I want it to change, I have to be the one to change it as they don't feel my frustration and I stuff it down in fear of hurting their feelings or worse. LOL, always them ahead of me, therapist said "NO MORE" so I am making steps to make them think of me, even if it's me whose getting them moving With my son, he is a hoarder and I'm not sure what to do as a parent about that, but help him to learn 'it's okay, to throw that out'. Last night I kept asking do you need this? He'd say...no, but. Then stop himself. I'd ask but what? He'd shrug. He won't tell me what it is, but it keeps him from tossing it. SO I say, well I think it's trash and as mom, I say toss it. I swear most of it was literal garbage..old broken toys or cookie tins. No, but...I wanted to hear what but was.

DD is off with DH to get red paint for room. DH is iffy on red, but I pointed out our house has a purple room, dark green stairwell, and orange kitchen and soon a blue living room and red foyer...what's another red room? He shrugged, can a man win against two women? Not in this house
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone

I am back!! February 5th was my last visit and I have been out of control in sort of a limited way. My scale says I gained 12 pounds since February 5th.
The strange thing was I had a routine three month followup Doctor visit with my primary care physician this past Friday. His scale says I lost 5 pounds since my last appointment on 12/26/2011.

I have had cataract surgery on one eye 2/22/2012 and the other eye on 3/28/2012. I am typing this without glasses!! I have to concentrate to read and use the computer but my distance vision is great, I have worn glasses for 36 years and it seems strange without them. The day after my last surgery I asked the doctor when I could drive a car again. His answer "right now and without glasses" He says my vision will improve a lot in the next 30 days. I think it's great now!!

Now to stay on plan and start losing again.

Larry H
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #9  
Green Tara

S/C/G: 196/175/130

Height: 5'1

Default Self sabotage - horrible day

Hi everyone,

I was away and didn't log in for a few days.

Been having a really hard time the past few days, mostly today. I binged here and there all day, although I stayed within my weight watchers points. My extra week points are almost tapped out bc of today though, and I have to go until Friday.

I have exercised yesterday and today, which at least counts for something...

I realize the above is not horrendous, but what is haunting me is these self destructive behaviors every time I start being successful. It's like I am afraid to allow myself to be happy, to lose and stay losing! Something I don't understand wants to STAY fat. I suppose it's fear, and low self esteem, but I really need to figure this out before I totally fall off the wagon.

Part of this I think is because I have been on a plateau for so long. I have been going between 176 and 174 for WEEKS and I have not been blowing my weight watchers or not exercising. I average 5x a week of Bikram which is a lot of exercise, about 20-30 activity points a week based on 4 or 5x a week.

Anyway, this is the start of my 1st day in April. I hope to stay more committed to coming here and being accountable, am actually proud I came here and let it all out rather than holding it in. And am going to focus on leaving the past behind and starting fresh tomorrow.

April WILL BE a good month!

Would appreciate support right now while I'm feeling so vulnerable. Thank you

C
calmeida5018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #10  
Green Tara

S/C/G: 196/175/130

Height: 5'1

Default Also wanted

To thank you for this thread. It is great to have a place to share, receive and give support.
calmeida5018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Itsmyturn
Thanks for the encouraging words. And congratulations on breaking that plateau.

LarryHello and welcome back.

CGood job staying in your WW points and stopping your binge. It could have been worse. Plateaus can be tough. I am sure others will give you sage words of advice as for me I am just beginning this newest journey to health. But hang in there.

I am in points today and today is the beginning of my WW week. I have 4 points left so do not expect to start in on my weeklies today, a first for a day of the weekend. I did get out for a walk to go to the library and pick a few items up at the grocery store.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #12  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Mamakat - My oldest daughter is a hoarder as well... it's a process to get them to learn to "let go" of things they don't need, but it is possible (in small doses). I got tired of going in her room when she wasn't there to throw stuff away, so about 2 yrs ago, started working with her to do this on her own. She is not 100% yet, but a lot better, so totally understand. As far as a man winning with even ONE woman wanting her way - it won't happen, the woman always wins :P

Larry!!!!! Welcome back! Glad to hear of the vision!

Got out for a long walk with my DS today. He asked if he could go with me, and I was shocked. I used to have to "guilt" him into doing stuff with me, LOL. Love it!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Hello everyone. Checking in a little late because today was the car show. We had to raise $800 in a month all in all to get our shirts for the walk with Relay for Life and just today we raised over $1100!!! We were so excited. Diana I wish I had a car in the show! But I did get to see a lot of really amazing cars today and meet a lot of nice people!

Calories...I haven't added up today...kinda scared but think I did okay. I look like a lobster though. Lesson learned...even though you're in the shade you can still burn!
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #14  

Good Evening

Wow, it's been a long two days. Head underwater almost 3 hours today - I'm very exhausted and it's too late for the gym or to jog.

Food was ok today - not great. Was out with friends and relaxed a little to accept their generosity.

Grazed just a little last night - a few carrots an little bit more of stir friend chicken and a bit of frozen mango -- nothing unhealthy - it's just that I wasn't hungry.

Breakfast
1/2 c granola/yogurt
1 soft boiled egg

Snack
A couple of plain slightly sweetened cookie/cracker/ English tea biscuits

Lunch
1/4 fresh sliced pineapple
1 can tuna with a few tsps low fat yogurt for moisture (instead of mayo)
Some lettuce
1.5 slices wheat bread
Granola Bar

Early Dinner
Grilled fish
1/2 C rice/ few Tbs black beans
a few salad veggies
three tortilla chips and fresh salsa
2 mints that came to sweeten the bill

Diet Z up

A beer and a 1/2 bag of microwave popcorn
Grazed on a few frozen strawberries and a 1/2 head of romaine lettuce -which are much better grazing choices than Oreos :0)

Back on the wagon for another 3lb wt loss push starting tomorrow.

Welcome Back Larry.

Last edited by kathydee; 04-03-2012 at 01:44 AM.
kathydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #15  
MG #1: lose back that 10#

Height: 5'5"

I had a rough week last week--denial about what I really need to do to keep losing.

I've been back on track as of this morning, though. Because last night I remembered--I don't have to eat it all today; it will be there tomorrow!!

Also, I guess I needed a reminder about how icky I feel when I eat poorly and/or too much! I also started writing down everything I eat again today. I did drift away from my portion control there for a while, but at least I didn't gain back ALL of the weight I lost since I started! Only about 4 pounds, and if it gets me back on track, then SO WORTH IT. Because I was stuck (i.e. forgot why it was important to eat carefully).

I've had a great day. I got a lot done for the first time in a couple of weeks. I really think my mood and eating habits are linked--both good, or both bad, usually.
loofa is offline   Reply With Quote