Old 03-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/155/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Food Plan Recommendations

I am looking for food plan with just simple foods. I find the food plans out there have strange stuff like cottage cheese and brussel sprouts. No offense to those CC and Sprout lovers. I know this may seem on the lazy side but I知 hoping that someone has a food plan that they find it easy to stick with. My food tracker says I should eat between 1200-1550 a day. I知 looking for a higher protein plan since I get hungry again in approx. 2 hrs. Even if I get 1 day from my team members I can start building a real food plan with enough variety to get me through. I plan on going food shopping tomorrow and prep my foods and snack for the week on Sunday. Some peps make soups, what soups do you make?

I知 open to prepackaged foods like WW or Healthy Choice frozen meals and Protein Bar and shakes.
Walthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #2  

COUNTING CALORIES SITES AND BOOKS

Healthy diet: End the guesswork with these nutrition guidelines
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-diet/NU00200

A Great Calorie Counting Book:

The Protein Counter 2nd edition
By Annette B. Natow, Ph.D., R.D.
and Jo-Ann Heslin, M.A., R.D.

Calorie-Counting Diet
http://www.upmc.com/healthatoz/pages...hunkiid=192237

USDA Calorie Counter
http://www.newcaloriecounter.com/art...reference.html

Calorie Control Council's
Enhanced Calorie Calculator
http://www.caloriescount.org/calculator.html

National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference
http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/list

How to Get to Your Healthy Weight
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritio...ht-full-story/

Last edited by JEN3; 03-30-2012 at 06:29 PM.
JEN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

I don't have a "plan" per se. I do plan what I'm going to eat, knowing about how many calories are in the food I like to eat. However, I am one of those cc and sprout people, too. That doesn't mean I don't fall victim to fried shrimp and fish, and cake. I love cake. I just try to eat mostly whole food, and limit my fatty foods and sugars, as these make me crave food more. I also alternate the amount of calories I eat with calorie cycling, and some days I eat kindof low carb high protein just to shake it up a little. I figure if you have to peel it, chop it up and cook it, it has to be better than just taking it out of the wrapper. This also makes me think about what I put in my mouth, because if it has to be prepared, I have plenty of time to make sure I need to be eating it. Think before you eat!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walthree View Post
I am looking for food plan with just simple foods. I find the food plans out there have strange stuff like cottage cheese and brussel sprouts. No offense to those CC and Sprout lovers. I know this may seem on the lazy side but I知 hoping that someone has a food plan that they find it easy to stick with. My food tracker says I should eat between 1200-1550 a day. I知 looking for a higher protein plan since I get hungry again in approx. 2 hrs. Even if I get 1 day from my team members I can start building a real food plan with enough variety to get me through. I plan on going food shopping tomorrow and prep my foods and snack for the week on Sunday. Some peps make soups, what soups do you make?

I知 open to prepackaged foods like WW or Healthy Choice frozen meals and Protein Bar and shakes.

There are so many plans that let YOU choose your foods, that I'd recommend starting with those. Calorie counting, Exchange plans, or WW points. You get to eat anything you want, so long as it fits in your budget.

If you want full menus, use google. You'll find tons of them. For example, in the google search bar type

1200 calorie menu

or

1500 calorie menu

Then start browsing the search results. You'll find tons and tons of full-day menus (often for a full month)
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 143/138/119

Height: 5'1"

I don't have a fixed food plan but this time around I sit down for a little while on a Sunday afternoon and I make a loose plan for about four main meals and some ideas for some lunches. I try to make a new recipe and might look on the internet or in a WW magazine for some ideas. Then I write a shopping list and do the shopping. The idea is only to have to go to the supermarket once (that doesn't always work!)

I have never done that before and I am finding it is helping. Plus we are enjoying trying some new recipes.

I still have some boring lunches and breakfasts but at least there are some nice meals to look forward to.

Have fun!

Lee
Lee NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 168/155/140

Height: 5'7"

Thank you all. These are all great ideas. Jen3 thank you for the links. Sometimes I feel I see the same stuff/information out there so this was new.
Walthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #7  

Walthree,

Good Luck on your Journey and the more you learn about proper nutrition the better off you are going to be and remember Never, Ever Give Up!

Last edited by JEN3; 04-02-2012 at 12:43 PM.
JEN3 is offline   Reply With Quote