Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 11:20 AM   #1  

Exclamation Toning Advice?

Hi all! I have to be in a wedding in less than 8 weeks, and could use some advice!
My pregnancy weight is coming off pretty good, but I am unable to go to the gym to help tone while I lose. I walk, do walking videos, use my ab roller, and do "baby lifts", but need to target my arms more. The 1st time I did WW I hit the gym hard when I got to this pt in my loss, but I don't know if I did it properly!
I do have access to a friends weights set, but am not sure the best approach to use. Do I do high wt, low reps, every 2nd day? Is 7 weeks enough time to tone my arms and shoulders??
What else can you reccomend?
TIA!
Old 03-15-2003, 10:53 PM   #2  

hi - I am a famous insomniac and in a moment of predawn weakness bought "slim in 6" video series from an infomercial. They have a web site too. It is a series of tapes that you do 6 days a week for 6 weeks. They are TOUGH. The floor work ( the all fours, lift the leg bit and pushups) I am puring sweat. However, I am on week three and see a serious difference in my upper body and stomach. I am also doing ww. Just a thought - good luck.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:51 PM   #3  

Another video recommendation would be Corey Everson's 'Get Hard: Arms and Shoulders'. It's a great routine, and it really made a difference in the shape of my arms. And I think it's only a 30 min or so routine - it's a focused workout that uses free weights. She does 3 sets of 12 reps of a basic move (like a shoulder press) for strength building and then quickly follows with a tri-set of shoulder muscle defining moves. After shoulders she works in the same strength/defining manner with biceps and then ends with triceps. Her goal is to work at a weight that, by the end of twelve reps, you're challenged. By the end of 3 sets of 12 reps, you are almost at failure.

I think how often you can do the routine depends, in part, on your age and recovery. Every other day is a great place to start. You don't want to do it every day.

Six weeks is enough time to see change with this type of program. How much tone and "definition" you'll see depends on how easily you build muscle and how much body fat you're dealing with.

Sounds like you're making great progress following the baby.

Last edited by Rupertsmom; 03-16-2003 at 07:57 PM.
Closed Thread