Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/183/117

Height: 5'4"

Default any suggestions for running shoes?

The shoes I am currently wearing are old and my feet are starting to hurt and that's just with walking. I would like to start running. I downloaded C25K but I am afraid of running in my current tennis shoes. Since my feet all ready hurt with just walking what will they do running?
So does anyone have any suggestions for cheap but good running shoes or is there such a thing as cheap good running shoes?
Thanks!
blueice10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #2  
Betsey

S/C/G: 232.2/185.5/160

Height: 5'10

I just went and bought Under Armor shoes... They are amazing! You won't regret it.
bt2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

Everyone's feet, gait, etc are different, so there is no one model or brand of shoe that is the best. You need to go to a store that carries many brands and try them out. Ideally this would be a running store that can analyze your feet.

I lucked out and found a pair of Rykas (run around $50-60) that are perfect for me at Famous Footwear and just replaced them with the same model when they wore out. They are discontinued now, and I am doing a lot more running, so I will be off to the running store when I need the next pair.

You can't replace your feet, and injuries suck, so it is worth spending a little more. You get what you pay for, for the most part.
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:58 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana77 View Post
Everyone's feet, gait, etc are different, so there is no one model or brand of shoe that is the best. You need to go to a store that carries many brands and try them out. Ideally this would be a running store that can analyze your feet.

You can't replace your feet, and injuries suck, so it is worth spending a little more. You get what you pay for, for the most part.
This.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:07 AM   #5  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

If you can't spend more, go to stores and try them on!

I just walked from store to store and tried runners that are in the price range I was looking for. After several tries I found one cheap pair that I liked.
I did the C25k last summer and ran a lot after I completed that. No problems with cheapo shoes. Unless you are into marathons or have already problems with your feet I think the whole buying expensive shoes is overrated.

I recently bought Vibram Five Finger shoes. They are minimalist shoes and act more as protection than support, so you can go running barefoot. Not sure if that is something you want but I love them! It takes a while to get used to if you are not used to going barefoot but I love the feeling of being more connected to the ground and it is easier to balance since you can fully move your feet and toes. Anyways, that's just a side note since they are not exactly cheapo shoes.
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #6  

I purchased those shape up shoes. They did hurt my feet at first since there's balls in the front and back and I was dying from no support in the middle but I got used to them. Not sure if I'm toning up or not though. But I like them.
x Ophelia x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/120/125

Height: 5'6"

Brooks makes a good running shoe.
Mollewogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #8  
I can.

S/C/G: 260/253/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueice10 View Post
The shoes I am currently wearing are old and my feet are starting to hurt and that's just with walking. I would like to start running. I downloaded C25K but I am afraid of running in my current tennis shoes. Since my feet all ready hurt with just walking what will they do running?
So does anyone have any suggestions for cheap but good running shoes or is there such a thing as cheap good running shoes?
Thanks!
I wear Nike's I love them!
can I ask you how long it took you to loose the weight, im about your starting size, and your current weight is my goal weight.
Kayleen1990 is offline   Reply With Quote