Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Default Getting on track...

Hi everyone! I've been lurking around the forum for a week or so, so I figured it was time to introduce myself. From what I've seen so far, this place is full of great, supportive people!

I started my weight loss journey somewhat unintentionally this past fall when I had to adjust my diet to deal with gallbladder issues. A bland, no spice, no fat diet for an entire month before my gallbladder was finally removed resulted in 12 lbs. gone no problem. What a great feeling! It took a major surgery to finally make me see what my eating habits and lifestyle were doing to my health. Don't get me wrong, I always knew I was overweight and unhealthy, but talk about denial! It was time to get my health on track!

And then the holidays came and I lost sight of all of that. I ate like it was my job and all of the weight that I had previously lost quickly started to creep back on. I still wanted to lose weight, so after the new year came and went I finally started to make some serious changes. I checked in with my doctor and she recommended a great nutritionist who is helping me make real lifestyle changes.

I'm now down a total of 23 lbs. and hope to keep losing until I hit my first goal weight of 150. I have a long way to go, but I'm more committed than ever!
aniela26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 231/225/130

Height: 5'6"

Way to go! I tried diet and exercise a couple years ago and lost 10 lbs, then ended up getting bored with it and stopped. Since then I gained almost 35 lbs. I started dieting and exercise again a couple weeks ago and so far lost 6 lbs. When I started I weighted 231 and I am now at 225. My goal weight is about 130 so I have a REALLY long way to go.
cjknzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Thanks! You have to start somewhere, right? My ultimate goal will probably be closer to 125 so I have a long way to go as well. I figure I'll shoot for 150 first and then go from there. They might be baby steps, but at least they're steps in the right direction!
aniela26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 231/225/130

Height: 5'6"

Baby steps are always better than waiting to complete a huge goal. Having a large goal usually overwhelms me and I give up. My first goal is to get under 200 again, then my mini-goals are to lose 10 lbs until I reach 130. 150 is my next big goal after 200 and before 130. You can do it!
cjknzi is offline   Reply With Quote