Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-25-2012, 08:11 AM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 3/25/12

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-22-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:17 AM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Ugh.... I made cookies for the kids last night and was too tempted by them and ate a bit of it. Unbelievably, I still have a calorie deficit for yesterday, but when I eat sugary carbs like that I gain weight. So I'm up a whopping pound today. Last night going to bed I was up like 5 pounds - yep I peed and sweated 4 pounds of water overnight, but I'm still up a pound. Darn cookies!

Today will be better, but MAN!!!!! I'm back over 170 again!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #3  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1650 +
Weigh In: 147.4 (TTOM)
Down: 1 pound

Qtkitty All I can say, is if you clothes are fitting better and you feel better, something is going on! I say build on that! Don't worry what others say.

Katie Last year I did some container veggies. I had the best grape tomatoes! Unfortunately, they rarely made it to the table. I would see some ready, grab a handful, wash and eat!

Berry Sorry about the gain. It's funny the effect carbs/sugar has on us. Do you have a busy day planned? Have a great one!
Old 03-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! I'm totally thrilled that I stayed away from reckless eating yesterday and stuck to the food I mentioned. Was so tempted during the evening but only added a plain cup of herbal tea :-). Here's hoping today will be equally as good.

Off to a good start with another small bowl of granola mixed with about 1/2 c of plain yogurt & a cup of plain peppermint herbal tea.

I'm down in Mx for the past 4 months where healthy food choices are somewhat limited compared to what we have in the states.

I should be working on this nagging masters thesis - yes I returned to university mid life. But it's sitting here nagging while I procrastinate through eating and chat forums. Part of me feels I will never have the capacity or ability to finish but have made such good progress in university till now.

So today the goals are clean eating, exercise and to try to complete at least two written pages of this thesis.

I really don't have a scale down here. There is one in the gym in kilograms that I can access after 3pm - so it will be a gauge of progress but not necessarily accurate as I'd prefer to weigh in the morning. Oh well, at least it's something.

Kassie - congrats on the 3lb wt drop

Berry - oh those cookies sound dangerous to have around. One is never enough. Hope you can avoid them today!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by kathydee; 03-25-2012 at 09:36 AM.
kathydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/163.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!!

I made up for spending the first few days of spring break on the couch. My legs decided to cooperate so I finished painting DD's room and finished my dining room. The dining room looks so much better! DD has the smallest room because she was a surprise and that was the room that was left. The paint made a huge difference and made it look a lot bigger. I hope that my immune system is getting back under control too. It kind of went haywire with the RA and poison ivy at the same time.

I was so busy yesterday that I didn't eat until 10:30 last night. I was so tired I didn't want to move off the couch. I thought all the painting and moving furniture would count as some sort of exercise. I guess not because I'm still bouncing around the same couple of pounds. Maybe I can get a decent walk in today. We are going to my mom's house and her boxer likes to walk with whoever is available.

I hope everyone has a great day!
erinrenae80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Good morning! Busy day yesterday! Took Clara to the lake and she actually got in a played! First time she has ever gone swimming in something other than a pool! Depressing moment of the day, going to Academy for some workout pants, grabbing a 2x and they didn't fit. I'm a size 18 and a 2x wouldn't fit! Ugh. I just kept telling myself they run small because it's "name brand" stuff there. Still, very depressing. Here's hopes for another busy, better day! Off to traders village for some walking/shopping! Have a great Sunday!

Diana I totally forgot my daughter and step daughter love tomatoes, so we might just be making another stop at the nursery, they probably wouldn't make them to the table with them around either! And they also wanted to grow something for themselves so they have strawberries...hope they last! First time ever growing them! And congrats on the 1lb lost, even when TOM is visiting!

berryblondeboys I totally understand. Yesterday we went out to eat and my daughter wanted catfish, fried of course!, and I couldn't help myself, I had a few bites! Sometimes we just have to give into the temptations, otherwise we'll go crazy and eat everything in site!
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Happy Sunday everyone.

I lost 1.2 pounds. I was hoping for more but I am happy with that.

I did go over points Saturday and Friday. Not by a ton but still I did go over and ate salty cheese and smoked fish. Not together though.

This week I plan on staying within my points and to exercise for 3 hours at least.
I am going to aquafit tomorrow morning and then will figure out two more exercise blocks for the week.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #8  
It's Kassie Baby!

S/C/G: 250/206/150

1130 calories eaten today, 257 burned off
kassiebby1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #9  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone! The weekend just flew by! Must have been having fun, right?

Total Approx 1450 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Snack (50 Calories)
Sliced cucumbers w/yogurt dip 50 calories

Lunch (650 Calories)
Turkey Wrap 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories
Iced coffee w/sweet 'n low + cream 50 calories

Dinner (355 Calories)
Strawberry Greek Yogurt w/1/4 cup cottage cheese mixed together 135 calories
No oil popcorn 220 calories

Exercise:
#10 SD Recovery Lower Body w/15's
#10 SD Xtreme Lower Body w/15's
Old 03-25-2012, 11:41 PM   #10  

Oh today was another good day with food/exercise. It's quite exciting that last two days are going so well.

Food was almost a repeat of yesterday, but I'm fortunate in that I am not addicted to the pleasures of taste - just to emotional eating. So plain, repetitive food is ok with me.

Breakfast as mentioned was
About 1/2 c plain low fat yogart mixed with natural granola

Lunch was a repeat of yesterday:
Turkey ham/cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread with sliced tomato and a few olives for flavor. It wasn't' exactly an open face sandwich as I added the really thin end of the loaf sliver to the top to keep the sandwich from falling apart.

Snack about 45 minutes before work out for added energy was tasty:
A strawberry/yogart smoothie
-a handful of frozen strawberries, a little over 1/2 cup of lowfat yogart, probably 2/3rds cup of 1% milk all blended with ground ice :-).

Dinner was a repeat of yesterday - leftovers.
Teflon pan cooked skinless chicken breast
a bunch of veggies: carrots/beets/one small tomato
and about 1/2 C organic rice

Drank a few diet sodas today, which is not usual
Diet Dr Pepper/ Diet 7-UP - think I was looking for a substitute for the food. Would like to eliminate them.

Dumped more snack food out today left by visitors.

Exercise was great:
1.5 hours walk in the morning, 1 hour free weights on legs in the gym, 3km jog in the evening

Managed to make it to a scale today. The wt loss goal is 6-7lbs in 3-4 weeks. Totally reasonable at this pace I think.

So excited that I'm not grazing. But didn't make it to the thesis. Hopefully tomorrow.

Last edited by kathydee; 03-25-2012 at 11:55 PM.
kathydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #11  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Still no loss. Frustrated because it makes no sense, but refuse to throw in the towel - still a LONG ways from where I was a year ago I will take that as a "win".

Don't forget also about m3rmaid and K9... they were 2 prominent "regulars" here too. I talk to most of them through MFP.. but m3rmaid took a volunteer trip with Red Cross and didn't get back to her losing. So honestly, even with the ones no longer on thread, the thread has been for those of some great success Gotta like that!!!!

Congrats for all the losses and staying on plans
Today we took DH to urgent care and he has upper respiratory infection - explains why he has slept almost non-stop when not at work for the last 2 weeks, and he has missed 4 1/2 days of work over the last 2 weeks. He is now on antibiotics and has a codeine syrup for his coughing/chest pain so he can sleep a "healing" sleep now Gotta like when things come together!!!! Have a great night all!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #12  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1450 +
Weigh In: 147.4 (TTOM)
No change

Itsmyturn Sending healing thoughts and prayers to your DH. I hope he is feeling better, very soon. How are things going with your throat/tonsils? I hope you aren't getting what your DH has.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #13  
MG #1: lose back that 10#

Height: 5'5"

Ok, here goes--
Sunday, slept through breakfast, ate meaty chili and a whole grapefruit for brunch. Dinner was a tiny steak and some roasted potatoes (which I would have skipped, but they needed to be eaten) and a pile of cooked arugula/mustard greens. All good, and then I ate a cupcake with about 3 servings of milk. I have trouble saying no a sugary snack, but I'm just starting out and trying to increase the amount of time between indulging. *sigh*.

Anyhow, still bouncing around just above 200, but I looked so slender in the morning before breakfast, I couldn't believe it. My belly hasn't looked this compact in some time. I yo-yo BADLY and haven't been below 195 in about 6 months (did not get there in a healthy or sustainable way last time), so I'm trying to be at peace with basically not losing weight for a couple of weeks. And, good news! I am on prednisone for a lung problem right now, and I am managing my weight well, all things considered. (Prednisone is notorious for causing weight gain). And, I felt healthier yesterday! Lighter, as in having less trouble moving and more enjoying walking. So, a mix, but not too sad, just need motivation staying on today.

For breakfast today, I had oatmeal with berries, almonds, and a smidge of maple syrup. Also, coffee and tea. I have to limit carbs, so thinking for lunch I might have mostly meat sauce with just a little pasta underneath. And then for dinner, curried veggies with chicken that we made a while back and froze. YUM!!! Okay, here goes!
loofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Good morning all!

Itsmyturn-sorry to hear your DH is sick but glad to hear he is on the road to recovery.

loofawow you sound so determined.

I start my week on Sundays and used some weeklies yesterday. I would be fine but people I socialize with I tend to get caught up in their fun. No blame only a pattern I see and only I can change that. I did play badminton outside for 40 mins and worked up a sweat.

Today I was supposed to go to the pool but backed out so I will make that up with a low impact aeorobics tape today.
I am going to my sister's for breakfast and am writing down points before I go. She is making tea biscuits so I will only have one and two eggs and tea. I will have the biscuit plain. They are so good they don't need anything on them.
Not sure about lunch and dinner but I have lots of greens to eat and tofu too.

I will check in later. Have a good day all.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:17 AM   #15  
MG #1: lose back that 10#

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
loofawow you sound so determined.
Trying to be!!! Thank you for the luv!!!
loofa is offline   Reply With Quote