Old 03-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default I am so flipping hungry on this "plan"

Will you share your best tips with me?

I have another day to go and I have eaten all of my weekly extra points and all of my points for the day and it is only 7 pm and I am starving. I can only eat so many unsatisfying things like apples.

I lifted weights with a trainer yesterday for an hour and that may be related to this hunger.

What are you doing to successfully stave off hunger? I get 26 points a day and 49 weekly points.

I guess I will go fix myself a another bowl of broth.
lettingslenderin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Broth won't fill you up....

The reason I love WW is the abundance of 0 pp foods. Veggies, fruits.....ok I know you feel like those things are unsatisfying, but you have to be creative.

Freeze a banana and blend it with some cocoa powder (just like a Wendy's frosty....ok almost)
Fat free cream cheese and celery
Broccoli (steamed or raw) with some low fat ranch
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #3  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

I'm starving right now with no points left and a weigh in tomorrow, but I'm also sick and wasted my points on high point snacks this week. ugh.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #4  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

you need to buy some sugar free jello and have it on hand to have (10 calories ) a serving ... you could prob eat the whole package for just a point

WW makes 1 point individual yogart cups ... i like them alot !

you could bake the apples and add cinnamon and a LITTLE dab of Fat Free Cool Whip ... its like a crustless pie

pickles have a very miniscule amount of calories

veggies and fruit are free foods on WW i think

well i know the veggies are idk about the fruit

you could make some soup in a large batch at the beggining of the week ... a huge pot of simmered onions carrots celery majarom i use a chicken cube (bullion low calories but it is high in sodium but its ohh sooo tastey and satisfying for when i want something warm and homey !) a 1/4 cup of orzo pasta ( so there are a few in each bowl but not enough to count with a 1/4 cup youll be lucky to have 5 or 6 orzo in each bowl )

applesauce?
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #5  

Thank you for these great suggestions. I think I actually have a box of sugar free jello! I will have to make it, but maybe a banana or some frozen berries will help me not starve until I get more points at midnight.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/184.5/140

I like to get the small, sweet peppers and cut them in half. Use the halves to eat salsa. Its very filling, really quick. I'll even do that when I'm cooking dinner so I don't "taste" myself into a lot of extra points.

I agree with Chunkey Munkey about the sugar free jello cups. Those things are awesome.

A large salad with chopped veggies and fruit can be eaten at anytime and is filling. Use a super local dressing like the Kraft FREE zesty italian. 2 tablespoons are free.

There is alot you can do to hold off the hunger if you maximize your free foods. You just have to learn to change your snacking habits.
samanthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/184.5/140

One last thought, too. Are you taking vitamin supplements? I find I am always hungry if I don't take a good multi vitamin and extra vitamin. I guess its my body's way of telling me I am missing something.
samanthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:10 PM   #8  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I get the same points and weeklies as you. Did you get and use your activity points? Thats allowable. I too have sometimes struggled with being hungry on plan. Some days the veggies just don't seem to fill me up the same. However, it seems I do better if I eat them all day long. SO I have fruit with breakfast virtually every day, or at least a morning snack, and LOTS of veggies with lunch and supper. then fruit again if I need dessert after supper. It seems to work better than adding veggies at the end of the day if I am not satisfied.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #9  
BACON

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Height: 5'2

You should also take hungry Girls advice add extra veggies to your meals make them more filling. and since they are 0 you can't go wrong !
LEESE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #10  
Pinup extraordinaire!

Agreed on the extra vegetables. Find some vegetables and some fruits you really like for those hard days. I am sick and was starving and almost let myself give into temptation earlier but went to the store and bought some strawberries, bananas and green beans and I'm thoroughly satisfied.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #11  

Great point about the vitamins. No, I have not been taking the vitamins! I have been on antibiotics and painkillers and I didn't think I could stomach vitamins on top of it.

But I will try that! great idea.

I made the jello, just waiting for it to set! I'm so hungry I am ready to drink it like a soup.

Fatmad, I do not swap my activity points. Frankly, there has not been enough activity going on to bother with that. I am trying to eat fruits and veggies at every meal. Every muscle is aching, which means I had a real work out for once. I am looking at many of your tickers and I am so grateful that successful dieters are taking time out to advise me. Thank you, all of you.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:13 PM   #12  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 167.5/150/130

Height: 5'3

Everybody is at some point where you are right now. It was me 2 weeks ago LOL

I like to eat veggies a lot! Fresh pineapple is deslish! This weekend I had took a frozen banana, some fresh strawberries, fresh pineapple (never, ever canned) some raw baby spinach and a carb smart yogurt (2pts I think) and I put them all in my blender and made the most amazing smoothie that was filling AND it was frozen from the bananas so it was like a milk shake! So nummy!
Tonyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #13  
Pinup extraordinaire!

Now I want some jello....
Old 03-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #14  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

It might be worth seeing a few days of what you are eating, so maybe folks can suggest things that will keep you more satisfied longer or better ways to spread out the points.

Generally speaking though, I find protein very satisfying, keeps me full for longer. So if I have something like 3 pts for a greek yogurt vs 3 pts for crackers or something for a snack, crackers I would probably be hungry again a lot sooner.

I also keep those sugar free jellos around. And plenty of fruit/vegs.

I have 27 daily points and strength train as well. On those days I plan to go a a little over just to get a little more protein in.
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #15  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

I'm with Somni: Is there anyway you can post a sample menu to give us an idea of what you're eating?

But don't worry, I think we all have days/weeks like that! You certainly aren't alone. I've been at this for 14 months and still sometimes have days where I can eat everything in sight and still not be satisfied.

I like keeping fruit around, plus veggies and dip or salsa, as someone else mentioned. Rice cakes are tasty if you get flavored ones and only 1 pt a piece. I also drink lots and lots of water on those days, because someone it's not really hunger but dehydration.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote