Old 03-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/245/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Getting a Feel for Self Forgiveness

I ate the cake. I did it just now.

I know, I know... but it was chocolate cake with green mint frosting, and it just looked so delicious sitting there in that glass case. Normally, I'd be left feeling pretty rotten about myself, and (because I felt rotten about myself) I'd probably completely blow my diet for the next day or two.

Instead, I just feel a little silly and rueful. It's nice. It's live-withable. I don't feel the need to go raid the kitchen for a pint of Ben and Jerry's in some sort of weird punishment/comfort combo, and I know that tomorrow, I'll be right back on track.

I feel like I'm finally getting a sense of my weight loss journey as a *journey*, not a destination. (cue cheesy music) And I think that's a key part of making this a lifestyle change. Three cheers for self forgiveness, and down with self flagellation.

I hope if you fell off the wagon today, you can pick yourself up and laugh about it.
Nibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

I think that is a great attitude! Plus, what's life without a few indulgences? You are firmly on the right road and know what you need to do to reach your goals - you can incorporate cake every so often.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I hope if you fell off the wagon today, you can pick yourself up and laugh about it.
Good! You figured out YOU are your wagon driver. You can still fall out, but it isn't like you can't STEER where you go to next after you climb back in!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Nibbles, I have found when I give in to those urges( and chocolate cake would be one of them ) they are usually a disappointment and not as good as I thought they would be. I usually end up thinking, and I wasted calories on this.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #5  

Height: 5'3

I am so happy I saw this thread..after posting about my jelly bean fiasco..I realize it is normal and it is all in the attitude. I like what was said..and this is a journey. Bravo!!
mom2gbsb is offline   Reply With Quote