South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 04:41 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat, Monday March 19

Good Morning

I had good intentions this morning and had a chatty Monday greeting for everyone....unfortunately, I seem to have lost it.....Oh, Well.

I've been managing insomnia and have rehung all the artwork from yesterday's project. I work at 7 and will invite my neighbor over for some advice before I proceed further. I'm going to rest for a few hours then get up, drink more coffee and do dinner prep since I already know I won't feel like it when I get home. I got a new item-organic sprouted legume mix. We'll try it for dinner tonight. It says bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Perfect since that's my attention span for dinner when I get home.

What's on your agenda today? Stop and chat

PS-Jenn and others, I always read the later posts and enjoy hearing what you're up to....please post!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Debbie! I wish I had just a wee bit of motivation that you have so early in the morning. But how can I resist monster kitten sitting on my lap purring??!!

We had a great time at Valley Forge this weekend...what a little gem. It was impressive how many people were out enjoying the path (6.6 miles...or something like that!), and what gorgeous weather!

I haven't figured out my menu for the weekend, guess I better hop to it. I do know I'm making a huge batch of black bean and corn salad (big hit last year!) and moroccan tagine for the teacher's appreciation lunch on Wednesday. I guess I best plan food for my family too!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, just spent a night with NO sleep. Had a cough late yesterday (allergies?) and took some meds which obviously was the stuff that keeps me awake. I hate when that happens. I'll probably skip the gym this morning and try for a mid-morning nap.

For now, some coffee and a cruise of the Boards. See y'all in a bit.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I hope you are soundly asleep right now, Debbie, so you'll feel rested for your busy day at work.

I had a great weekend at Monica's, and it was nice to come home to a remodeled bathroom. The walls still need painted and the crown molding and some trim work need to be done yet, but what a huge difference!

I don't know what surprises await me at the farm today, probably a grocery run and a mountain of laundry. I think Jake is planning to go out there today to start building some raised beds for the girls' garden this afternoon.
I'd better go get lunches ready, and pour myself another cup of coffee while I'm at it.

Have a wonderful start to the work-week!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Tammy, I'm glad you had a nice time at Valley Forge. Do you know you were only 20 minutes from where I live? Too bad I was in NJ, or we could have grabbed a quick coffee someplace!

Ruth, I DO hope you get a nice long nap today. There's nothing more miserable than a long, sleepless night. Take care, Sweetie.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Back...no sleep but I did have a "horizontal rest" which does help.

Ruth, I sure hope you are feeling better very soon. I live with short sleep but no sleep just stinks!

Linda, glad you like your remodel project!

Twynn, I thought of Valley Forge while I was sanding. I'm glad you had such a great family weekend.

We've already had smoothies so now all I have left is food prep and getting in some work appropriate attire. I looked at the bean trio when I was downstairs...lentils, mung and adzuki. Yum. Looking at the clock I must be prepared I do think an early night is in my cards...

Old 03-19-2012, 08:00 AM   #7  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, thanks for 'first coffee' Debbie R! So sorry about your insomnia. And hoping to hear good things about your new dinner item tonight

Twynn, glad you were able to fully enjoy the beautiful weekend weather! and wow you make nice teacher appreciation lunches!

Ruth - so sorry about your cough! is this the same dratted cough that's been hanging around? I sure hope it goes away ... NOW. And I have been enjoying your changing season-related avatars

Linda - how nice to come home to an almost done remodeled bathroom! Hope you have a great day

and hello to all other chicks, who post later, and I don't seem to get to personally say Hey to you

oh Chickadeee - I have tried to imprint what you 'learned' in my head too, because it's when I'm feeling beat up, or mad at someone, that I tend to eat something off-plan.

and Karen - I hope your son had a good time in VT, through the record breaking warm temperatures!

Got to ride my motorcycle to work yesterday, woohoo! and will do so again today. I don't have saddlebags on my bike, so I had to carry my shoes, two containers for lunch, and water bottles bungied on the back. I was fervently hoping that nothing would pop open enroute and make a mess, with all the potholes, cracks, and frostheaves I have to navigate..thank goodness everything held, lol.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Debbie - The beans sound interesting. I'd like to make more and eat less meat, I think. Aack - my husband (and his new vegetarian kick) must be influencing me without me realizing it!

Twynn - I'd like to go to VF someday when we visit my son in PA. I think he'd like the history of it. Glad you had a good time.

Ruth - Hope your cough is gone and you get some sleep today.

Linda - Sounds lovely! What color are you going with?

Holly - We need a photo of you on your bike... In chaps! I saw photos on facebook and my son had short sleeves on outside in one and a down jacket in another.

I'm back to the gym with my mom and our trainer today!! I'm sure the workout will go fast with my mom telling us about her trip. My calf didn't miraculously heal during the 2 week's off so I've asked the trainer to modify lower body work this week. And now my wrist is acting up; something it does a few times a year. It usually goes away with a few days of wearing a brace but I don't want to go into work looking injured

So in the hour before my teen left for the airport yesterday he finally wanted to talk about school and how unhappy and stressed he is. Aaargh! I refrained from saying that if he'd brought certain things up earlier in his visit we might have been able to figure some stuff out. It is so hard when your kid is hurting and you can't do anything. I'm quite mad about the school's advising - they gave him an appointment for last week while he was home, then when he pointed that out... the adviser said to call instead, and when he called... she said she had no time... so to email. And for this we pay thousands of dollars!!!???

Have a great Monday!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Spend a nice weekend doing little things, fixing up the bathroom, cleaning the inside of my car, etc. but I did find time to play Tennis with DD2 and we went roller skating last night.

Ruth and Debbie- sorry to hear about your sleepless nights- hopefully you will either get to bed early or get in naps.

Twynn- don't blame you for snuggling the kitten

Cottage- kinda of nice when you do not know what is in store for you day.

Holly glad you got your motorcycle run in.

Karen- DS transferred colleges last year because he was so miserable at his first college- he is much happier at his new school.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlrose View Post
Karen- DS transferred colleges last year because he was so miserable at his first college- he is much happier at his new school.
That's nice to hear since he did actually bring up maybe changing schools. I know a big part of this came from spending break with his friends at the two state school where most of them go; he had fun hanging out with them. We of course told him we'd support whatever he decides.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just a quick fly-by this morning. Dropped DW at the Park and Ride this morning, now I need to accomplish a list of tasks before heading South for more To Dos (including picking up some chard, lettuce, and kale starts. I love gardening friends!) before heading North to pick DW up from work at 2:30. I decided to take advantage of all the running around I do and use my FitBit to keep me moving. It counts sedentary vs. active times and my new goal is more than 50% active every day. That way even if I don't fit formal exercise in I know I'm moving a lot

Hope your Monday is smooth sailing
Old 03-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

morning chicks!

I am feeling good this morning, despite the number on the scale, because I am currently wearing a dress that I couldn't fit into 3 years ago and only wore once! Now, It's even a bit loose on me! And I got my hair done (took out the red, it was too much for me) so I am feeling SASSY!

Will read later tonight but now, I must work!
Closed Thread