Old 03-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat 03/15/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by mamacitaof2; 03-15-2012 at 07:36 AM.
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #2  

Good Morning Everyone! Thought I'd get today's thread started! Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:45 AM   #3  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning everybody!

thanks for starting the thread Mommacita.

Well, I have to admit I am addicted to the chocolate Mug Cake I have it almost every night as my nighttime snack with a little chocolate WF syrup on it. yummmmm
So last night I thought I would get adventurous and try different variations of flavors for this cake so I made a pineapple banana mug cake and wanted to put strawberry WF syrup on it.. sounds kinda yummy right? well... no... it was gross gross gross. after trying a little piece, it went right in the trash. So I tried a vanilla mug cake with strawberry WF syrup and it was yum yum yum.

Just thought I would share.

have a great OP day everybody!

Last edited by Cadu; 03-15-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:50 AM   #4  

New picture today...wanted to remember today because my unofficial weigh in is ONEDERLAND!!! Whoot Whoot!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone! I tried layering the IP Banana Pudding with the IP raspberry Jelly and I thought it was the worst taste ever!! I ate it and then had to have a rolaid after to keep from throwing up! I have never had the IP Banana Pudding and will never have it again, it is bitter.
pegv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
New picture today...wanted to remember today because my unofficial weigh in is ONEDERLAND!!! Whoot Whoot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegv View Post
Good morning everyone! I tried layering the IP Banana Pudding with the IP raspberry Jelly and I thought it was the worst taste ever!! I ate it and then had to have a rolaid after to keep from throwing up! I have never had the IP Banana Pudding and will never have it again, it is bitter.
Yuck! I made the banana pudding and threw it away after smelling it lol
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Height: 5'8

Morning everyone! Made it to day three, which I have not been able to do for 5 months! Interested in the mug cake! YUM! Upping my water today, have not been drinking enough
amaliayosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning everyone...weigh-in today! and then shopping for baking items. I love baking and St. Patrick's day party will be seeing lots of green goodies!!! (Too bad I can't have any, but soon!!!)
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post

I hope its official! Definitely a reason for a picture! Onerderland! Onderful!!
Good on you!
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all!

Well, today was the first week that I had a "0" loss week. I am hoping that it is just my body adjusting. I am finding out tonight if I have lost inches. But, reading the boards, I have found that this can happen so I am not too worried....yet......I have been OP so I know I am still workin' it!

Anyone else have that happen?
mtnsun4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Good morning all!

Well, today was the first week that I had a "0" loss week. I am hoping that it is just my body adjusting. I am finding out tonight if I have lost inches. But, reading the boards, I have found that this can happen so I am not too worried....yet......I have been OP so I know I am still workin' it!

This happened to me! The scale didnt move much from about week 3-6 but my clothes were falling off. Stay positive your body is changing!
amaliayosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Good morning all!

Yes, I have had no loss weeks. This past week, I had even gained 2 lbs one time I sneaked a peek at scale it was hard not to panic. But, it all works out. I imagine others with more time on IP will relate their experiences with this also.

Today, I got on the scale and was down nearly two lbs. It would be 4 lbs if you count that day I weighed up 2!! Hurray!! It budged. It happened!!
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #13  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaliayosa View Post
Morning everyone! Made it to day three, which I have not been able to do for 5 months! Interested in the mug cake! ! Upping my water today, have not been drinking enough
Chocolate mug cake
(recipe from Wuv)

1 pkg Chocolate Drink ( replace with other drinks try with vanilla drink)
1 egg white
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon olive oil ( I use 2 teaspoons)
1 teaspoon splenda (or sweeten with other sweetener to taste )
Splash of vanilla (I use Davinci sf vanilla)

Put the drink mix in a big mug (I put it in a bowl so it doesnt overflow and then I can take it out and put it on a plate).
Add enough water to bring it to a slightly watery pudding consistency, just enough to be able to mix easily Add other ingredients (egg white, baking powder, olive oil, splenda, vanilla ) Mix it like crazy with a big fork till it's silky smooth Put it in the microwave for 3 minutes ON TOP OF A BIG PLATE Watch as it expands like crazy Let cool. add a little WF chocolate syrup if you like.

Last edited by Cadu; 03-15-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/166.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Review of DaVinci Peanut Butter and Coconut sugar free syrups -

Tried these both last night.

The peanut butter syrup has a chemically smell in the bottle and is more hazelnut tasting, but pretty good overall. It will not replace what those peanut butter lovers amongst us miss - creamy, spreadable, goodness. But it can be added to pancakes, shakes, etc. to replicate the pb flavor. It's worth getting if you love pb.

Coconut is AWESOME! Classic coconut flavor, not too chemically smelling. I used it in my chocolate drink mix shake last night (16 oz water/ice in the cuisinart). Choco-coco - yum!
sherylynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #15  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Good morning everyone!! Looks like we have had some really great WI's this week! Congrats to everyone!!

I am looking forward to WI#5 on Friday!!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!
Kellym1021 is offline   Reply With Quote