Old 03-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 277/268/135 - started 3/20/13

Height: 5'4"

Default First Day Down

Wrapping up my first day. Hopefully I did everything okay.

I left my salad dressing at work and can't really eat spinach plain because of my lap band so I ended up doing a third shake and throwing the spinach in the blender.

I don't feel too bad. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #2  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on Day 1 and your resourcefulness!

Is your doctor on board with you doing IP after your lap band? I have a friend who lost 50lbs easily with hers, but still needs to drop another 35. I was wondering if IP would be an option for her.
bethanym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:27 AM   #3  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Jessica
As long as you are following the plan then you are doing fine. The first few days could be a little rough, but just keep chugging through it, it WILL get easier. When you are not feeling so great It helps to drinks lots of water/ herbal tea & come here and read the posts.

Good luck
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:03 AM   #4  
ReBoot 1/5/2015

S/C/G: 234.6/229/130

Height: 5'5"

Good Luck Jessica,

I just finished my first week and the first couple of days were a little tough. just remember to take some extra meals to work so it's there in case you forget again. This forum has really helped a lot with some of the problems I encountered. I had headaches almost constantly for the first 3 days and taking extra salt and drinking water made a difference.

I used to make shakes in the blender with protein drink, spinach, blueberries and some cocoa which were good - you never tasted the spinach. I'll have to try it (w/o the fruit and cocoa). How was yours.
chrishas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/182/150

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome Jessica the first 4-5 days can be tough. Just stick with it and read the posts from this forum. There are a lot of helpful insights. Also the recipes are wonderful.
Ng951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 277/268/135 - started 3/20/13

Height: 5'4"

Thank you for the welcome!

Chrishas- I could taste the spinach, and it turned the shake green, but it wasn't too bad.

Bethanym- We moved from Charlotte, NC to Tampa, FL and unfortunately I can't find a doctor who will do my fills. No one will call or email me back regarding them and my old doctor doesn't know anyone local to refer me to. So I'm doing the diet without doctor approval but I don't think it would hurt anything.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote