Old 03-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #1  

Smile Hello, facebook/message-board support/activity

Hello, I have been searching online for an active message board for the Mediterranean/Sonoma Diet. I did find more activity on a face book group called "Sonoma Diet" listed as a open group. I would leave the link, but I am new here on 3fatchicks so I need to post more to be able to leave links or upload pics.

I am just learning about Mediterranean/Sonoma Diet, I am impressed with it an want to incorporate it into my life. I find message boards are helpful to me for accountability, support, knowledge, ect. But I dont care for the Facebook style, I like message board type like 3fatchicks. Just wish this board was more active.

It is a strong desire of mine to find a way to eat clean through the week an have Saturday as a free day (while maintaining within 2lbs of goal weight). My fiancee and I really enjoy jumping on the Harley's on Saturdays an going on some long ride to some dive for cheeseburger/pizza/beer or coffee shop an pie, or picnic with cheese/crackers/wine or ice cream parlor. We love to be in nature an Rick (my fiancee) loves photography and fishing. I don't want to have to worry about what I eat one day out of the week, I just want to enjoy life without weighing, counting, worrying about food.

I like how healthy this diet appears, how it fights off so many diseases, how enjoyable it sounds an looks and also that some say this is the way Jesus ate. How can u go wrong? We have been making better food choices these last couple months an we are naturally going in this direction anyway. Oh, the other thing I like is that many dishes appear to be quite simple to make. I despise cooking! But my fiancee likes to cook simple things an seems to have a flare for spicing simple things up easy. He can make something simple as a baked potato seem gourmet.

Anyway, I ramble...lol

Maybe someone could start a Monthly thread to get things going? I want to learn more about this diet an use your guys experience/recipes (the simple ones anyways)

Hope to find friendship an support here, an I'll try to return it.

Stayc
stayc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #2  

Height: 5'3"

Stacy12, Welcome! This diet is a great one to be on. It gives you variety and nothing is off limits just in moderation for those things that are not good for you. This plan will give you the flexibility to take the day off if you choose but you will find that you can still stay on track and do the things you love and not have to worry about counting calories. Just remember to use the plate and bowl method for portion size when your having your day of fun.

I haven't been on this site or The New Sonoma Diet very long and like you I wish there was more activity. However, there are a few people who do reply to posts and are helpful. I wasn't sure about the facebook page so thanks for the info on that I think I'll join the page just to have another site to refer to.

I like the monthly thread idea! Good luck and keep me posted on how you are doing.
SLB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/178/140

Height: 5' 4 1/2" (gotta add that half inch in LOL)

Hi. I'd like to join in on helping each other. Hubby & I just started The New Sonoma Diet today. I think it would be great if we could share tips, and help support others as we get healthy and lose weight.
Blessings~
Linda
Oh to be thin AGAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

How is everyone doing?
SLB3 is offline   Reply With Quote