Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 07:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 03/08/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 03-08-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:10 AM   #2  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning everbody!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day with no struggles staying OP!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all!! Last night I went to bed pretty weary. It is much harder for my plans and resolve when I get so tired out. Yet, I am so excited with my new found energy that I do not curb my enthusiasm throughout the day.

But, a good night's sleep really helped. I only had a few nightmares about my upcoming dental work!

Official weigh day is tomorrow. Last evening was celebration for my oldest son's 27th birthday. He wanted Japanese. Fortunately, he is low carbing along with me! We had delicious salad and sashimi! Hubby is anxious to also low carb it. But, I am am having him eat the food we have left in the freezer that I can't eat. He is convinced I am planning his demise by carbs! Funny, before he would have been glad to have the meals!!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 263/213.5/150

Height: 5' 5"

Too funny Samba..that is how I feel as I am cooking two meals every night. Makes you wonder if you are doing right by your fam. My husband is on low carb, but not quite like I am. He was diagnosed with type II diabetes several months ago. I made hamburgers last night, and my husband DEVOURED big mac in a bowl. He said let me try what you are having and forego the buns! Lovely...my girls are stick thin though
Good luck on WI
Old 03-08-2012, 08:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone!

Saw a loss on the scale today- was happy!

No big challenges today. Off to work I go!

Best wishes to all!
Old 03-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #6  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Good Morning!
Well my home scales says I am now in the 180's !!! I will see what Sautrday has to say at my offical WI. Everyone have a great day and spread love where ever you go!
Old 03-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #7  

I'm doing alternatives and have been drinking nectar synthrex vanilla bean shake for breakfast. Today changed it up to protidiet pancake with wf syrup and I'm starving. Won't do that again. Drinking my water and waiting till my snack time.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Good Morning all. Still new to the program. Feeling a bit this morning. Did a weigh yesterday and weight was down 2 pounds. On the scale this morning, and its all back. I have WI today, and a bit worried as last week, I lost weight, but it was muscle apparently, and my fat percentage actually increased. They look at me as if I have been cheating!! I have stayed TOTALLY OP since the start. I am losing inches, drinking water,doing all that I know, but......

Oh well,

Let you know how the WI goes!! HELP if you can!!
Old 03-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #9  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Morning everyone. Looks like winter is still hanging on here. Woke up to more snow and its still coming down. GRRRRR. I miss green grass. Oh well. I'll hop on my bike and put on the travel channel and hopefully it shows someplace warm lol. Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Talking Good Morning

Good Morning IPeeps,

It is another beautiful morning here. I am going to enjoy it as much as I can today even tho I am working, and for as long as I can, the rain is moving in again. I am really begining to hate the rain!!!

to all the newbies.

Here is a little motivational quote I came upon:

Successful people do what unsuccessful people won't even attempt

We have taken the first step to becoming SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE!!!!!

Just think how we much better we feel now, and then think of how WONDERFUL we are going feel when we reach goal.

Congratulations to all the losses so far and good luck to those who still have to weigh in and please remember, any loss is a good loss regardless of how little it is. It is just that much less you are carrying around than you were last week. Feel good about your acheivement, keep pushing forward and you will reap the rewards!!!
Old 03-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #11  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by parislady40 View Post
Good Morning all. Still new to the program. Feeling a bit this morning. Did a weigh yesterday and weight was down 2 pounds. On the scale this morning, and its all back. I have WI today, and a bit worried as last week, I lost weight, but it was muscle apparently, and my fat percentage actually increased. They look at me as if I have been cheating!! I have stayed TOTALLY OP since the start. I am losing inches, drinking water,doing all that I know, but......

Oh well,

Let you know how the WI goes!! HELP if you can!!
In the past I've had lots of problems loosing muscle and so of course my body fat count went up. What has changed that for me is making sure I have some protein every 3.5 hours and also doing some strength training. You haven't cheated, it's just your body needed some protein, so it went to your muscle when nothing else was available to it. Also be warned that the 3rd week is generally the week we loose the least. The body just seems to want to catch up with it's self. Things should start to improve by next week. Good luck at WI today.

Last edited by DanafromAustin; 03-08-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #12  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Good morning everyone!!

I missed my WI#4 yesterday because I was at the hospital all day, my first neice was being born!!! Madison Hope 7lbs 8oz and just perfect!! She was 18 days early!

So I am trying to reschedule for Friday. Looking forward to the WI#4 !!
Old 03-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 255/182/150

Height: 5' 3"

Week 8 down one pound. Total 30lbs. Omg Rissimo you look fabulous. Thank you for all your support. I look forward to this every morning . Welcome newbies !!!
Old 03-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
In the past I've had lots of problems loosing muscle and so of course my body fat count went up. What has changed that for me is making sure I have some protein every 3.5 hours and also doing some strength training. You haven't cheated, it's just your body needed some protein, so it went to your muscle when nothing else was available to it. Also be warned that the 3rd week is generally the week we loose the least. The body just seems to want to catch up with it's self. Things should start to improve by next week. Good luck at WI today.
This helps so much. I do take the IP's on time, no more than 3 hours apart. However, my dinner is usually 5 hours after my 3rd IP. Could that be a problem?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #15  
jmartyn

S/C/G: 259.2/220.6/145

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellym1021 View Post
Good morning everyone!!

I missed my WI#4 yesterday because I was at the hospital all day, my first neice was being born!!! Madison Hope 7lbs 8oz and just perfect!! She was 18 days early!

So I am trying to reschedule for Friday. Looking forward to the WI#4 !!
CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your niece!! What a beautiful name :-)

Good luck at your weigh-in
Closed Thread