Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-08-2012, 01:12 AM   #1  
Incredible Shrinkin Woman

S/C/G: 270/234/155

Height: 5'11"

Question Feedback, support, buddies?

Hello,

Im new to this forum, and i love what i have seen so far! I am looking for some people who can be one-on-one with me, if that is at all possible? Through email, or text messages? IF your comfortable, i dont want to make anyone uncomfortable at all. I am just looking for support, confidence. I am on my phone all the time, so email would be an easy source. I havent started a weightloss, exercise, or diet plan yet. I am not sure exactly where to start. I go to school full time and work full time. I live by myself, and I have no support from anyone locally, so i turned to an online forum. I feel depressed a lot, and its been easy to just give up. I dont want to give up anymore, I want to get through it so that i can stand to look at myself in the mirror. I like the idea of having a type of pen pal, someone i can chat with every day, or every other day and tell them what i did each day to reach my goal, and have them tell me theirs. An emotional high-fiver. Or when im feeling week, or if they are feeling week. Supporting each other. Are there very active groups here for that? Or people?

I am also really poor. I cant join weight watchers, or a gym, so a lot of what i have to do i have to do alone. I have some fitness stuff at home I can also use and i have noticed work out videos on netflix.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!
UnderTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:14 AM   #2  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

Some of us use a free calorie counting website called myfitnesspal. It also has a phone app and a facebook type newsfeed. Maybe you might like it too. There is a thread in the calorie counting forum where we put our usernames to add eachother as friends
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:31 AM   #3  

Thanks! I checked out that forum and added you to my friends. I have the app on my phone, but i never really used it. Hopefully this inspires me to use it more
Old 03-08-2012, 04:32 AM   #4  

Welcome! I'm relatively new as well. I think it's great that you've decided to join an online forum and look for support. I've seen a lot of threads here started by people who felt that they needed a bit of moral boost and they received amazing feedback. Don't worry about not being able to go to a gym, there are so many workout videos on youtube and usually come with descriptions (such as "10 minutes workout for a flat stomach"), so you can set up your own routine based on your needs and what your problem areas are. Jogging is also great, if you have the time for that. I like to do it early in the morning, I don't have a park near where I live so I just run around the neighborhood, some people give me strange looks, but I don't care.

Good luck and keep posting!
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:32 AM   #5  

Welcome! I'm relatively new as well. I think it's great that you've decided to join an online forum and look for support. I've seen a lot of threads here started by people who felt that they needed a bit of moral boost and they received amazing feedback. Don't worry about not being able to go to a gym, there are so many workout videos on youtube and usually come with descriptions (such as "10 minutes workout for a flat stomach"), so you can set up your own routine based on your needs and what your problem areas are. Jogging is also great, if you have the time for that. I like to do it early in the morning, I don't have a park near where I live so I just run around the neighborhood, some people give me strange looks, but I don't care.

Good luck and keep posting!
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 276/283/278/170

Height: 5'6

I am a newbie too! I would love to chat sometime or just check into this thread.

I'm 21, and I think I am around 270 (although I'm not sure right now because I need to get a new scale.)

Oh, and I am also dirt poor! It makes it hard to buy healthy groceries, honestly.
charzhazha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/144/125

Height: 5.3

I am new also and i' really interested in joining the MyFiynessPal thread. I have it on my iPad and log in my food daily however, I could REALLY use the accountability and personal support). Nice to meet you
Michelle Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/170

Hi Add me on MFP too - FitWife! Our stats are almost identical!! Welcome!
FatToFitWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #9  

@Natasha22- Thank you so much for the advice and support, i just bought some new running shoes and i definitely plan to use them! I will for sure keep posting here.

@Charzhazha- I would love to chat any time! Just let me know how you prefer to chat. It is hard buying some healthy groceries, but some things like oatmeal, isnt so bad. I am actually buying myself a new scale today too. Check your local thrift store, or goodwill, they sometimes have them like new!

@michelle- I am on myfitnesspal, and posted on that thread if you want to add me that would be great!

@FitWife- I just added you, i think. I tried it withoutt he exclamation point and it worked. Its comforting to have someone with similar stats, because then you really know your not alone!

Thank you for the encouragement! Its nice to meet you all
Old 03-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

These threads are great to keep a journal for accountability. I have one over in Fitness Videos for my P90x program. I have done well so far! If you still need more motivation you can always hit me up with a private message on here and I will do what I can to help.
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #11  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to 3FC! I'm on MFP as well. My name on there is shishkeberry. Feel free to add me!
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #12  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Oh, oops! I see you already did!
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #13  

@ JudgeDread- Thank you! I appreciate it. I dont think i can send private messages on here yet, but when I can (if i need to) I will.

@shishkeberry- Thanks! I added you Thanks for the support
Old 03-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #14  
Canadian on the Inside

Height: 5' 6"

Hi UnderTheMoon! I'm not new here (although I don't post often), and I could probably use an e-mail buddy as well. PM me and we can chat a bit and see if that would be a good match.
Paja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:32 AM   #15  
Determined!

S/C/G: 84.3kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 5'4"/164cm

Hi there! I'm reasonably new to this forum as well and just starting my weight loss journey Looking for some email buddies as well to get some support and get myself through this!! I just signed up for MFP and my username on that is lilmisschattabox, I think I've added you!
lilmisschattabox is offline   Reply With Quote