Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Smile WW Weekly Chat: 3/5 - 3/11

Hello everyone! Welcome to WW Weekly Chit Chat!

This is a thread for any and all WW users to get to know each other. To talk about their days or weeks. Whether it's plan-related or not. Just a comfy area to chat about things in general. Grab a chair, pick up a cup of hot tea or coffee and relax with everyone!

Please join in at any time
Old 03-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #2  
WW Moderator

Hi Lovely!

Has anybody tried some of the recipes in the new WW cookbooks? I've bought some, and I'm ashamed to say I haven't tried any. That will be my goal for this week. I want to try at least 3 recipes!
Old 03-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218.8/155.0/150

Height: 5'05

Im not sure about which book you have, but in one of my magazines there was a recipe for mac and cheess, it was sooo delish!! So if there is a mac and cheese in your book, give it a go!!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #4  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend

Today and tomorrow, there are some advertising commercials being filmed at the college where I work! It's a pretty small school, so it's kinda cool walking around the building seeing all of the cameras and big lights. I haven't yet been picked to be in any of the shots but maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day
Old 03-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/160.5/125

Height: 5'2

I posted in last weeks thread, oops! Here's my copy and paste:

The weekend went well! It was MIL's birthday yesterday and she had a dinner at her house. I planned accordingly and had a big salad, shrimp scampi and even chocolate cake for dessert. I skipped the garlic bread and ice cream. I brought my own Ronzoni smart taste spaghetti and a cup of mixed veggies to "beef up" the scampi. I used 10 weekly points, not bad at all!

The scale was very good to me this morning! I was down 6 pounds this week!! I was not expecting such a big loss, especially without exercise. I'm waiting for my OB to clear me at my 6 week appointment before I start.

Tudor - That would be cool to be on TV!

Jennifer - I don't have any of the new cookbooks, but few older ones that I've tried are good!

Last edited by RazzleBerry; 03-05-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

Has anyone heard what Dr.Bernsteins is all about? i know a girl from work who was on it, lost a phenominal amount of weight and then gained it all back and then some. Is it healthy? I am guessing you cant eat much on that.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC View Post
Hi Lovely!

Has anybody tried some of the recipes in the new WW cookbooks? I've bought some, and I'm ashamed to say I haven't tried any. That will be my goal for this week. I want to try at least 3 recipes!
Hey Jennifer, I have the power foods cookbook but like you, I haven't tried anything yet. I do have a couple picked out though. I REALLY want the newest one "best food ever" or something like that.

Which do you have?

@mercuryblue - never heard of Bernstein although based on what you say, it doesn't sound like its something I'd want to follow.

I weighed in this morning.....185.8 - I suppose I've hit my 2nd mini goal by a fraction of a pound and I'm putting off adjusting my ticker/sig for some odd reason LOL.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Heh. So, yesterday I had a bit more food than I would have, like a few pieces of thin crust pizza and part of a Schlotzsky's original sandwich. Last week I was pretty frustrated that my scale wasn't really going down much. Well, it went down, then up, down, then up. Friday night I had more calories than intended but not horrible, same as last night.

After each of these episodes, my scale shows a slightly larger loss over the next few days. I'm thinking I may not be eating enough calories/points. Gonna have to buckle down, play with my numbers and see what works. I'd really like to see 239.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well chickies the past 3 days I have eaten horribly...but today I am back on track and those darn peanut clusters and chips are finally gone from my house. I hate it when late in the eve I get the muchies and my DH has bought those bad food items for himself and leaves them out for me to see...My down falls for sure.

Anyway today I am back on track and looking forward to some gym time tonight after work...
Old 03-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #10  
Donna

Hello everyone,

I just re-dedicated myself to WW this past week. I technically rejoined last year about this time but I haven't been consistent and as a result I've gained and lost the same 5-8 lbs many times over the last year. But last month I saw a photo of myself that scared me, so I've decided I need to either commit to the plan, or commit to being fat. I used to post on these boards a lot and the support really helped. So I'm adding that into my plan.

After the first week of being re-commited I lost 1.6 lbs, this is a lot for me I usually lose .5 - 1.0 on any given week averaging closer to the half pound.

Jennifer - I don't have any of the new cookbooks although the were talking about one on Sat I don't remember it's name. I did recently try the Maple and Cranberry Slow Cooker Oatmeal that was in a weekly book about a month ago, it was great and I loved coming downstairs to breakfast already done.

Razz - 6 lbs I'd be so excited.

Nancy - Yea on getting back on track. I'm trying really hard not to bring chips into the house, they're one of my big downfalls too.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 181/170.0/135

Height: 5'4"

Today was my weigh in day and I hit 4 pounds. I'm doing the 10 lbs by April 1st goal and I'm starting to doubt that I'll make it.

Every year my boyfriend's family and I go to the Renaissance Faire in May and it's always so hot and dry when we go. I came up with a non-scale related goal: I am going to fit back into my size 12 shorts by the Faire so I am not stuck with wearing jeans!

This week was pretty good, I'm super sore from my workout yesterday which is awesome in it's own way. I'm debating on whether or not I should recover before working out again or just push through the soreness.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #12  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryblue View Post
Has anyone heard what Dr.Bernsteins is all about? i know a girl from work who was on it, lost a phenominal amount of weight and then gained it all back and then some. Is it healthy? I am guessing you cant eat much on that.
I looked into it. Very expensive, you are on a very strict diet (under 1000 cals/day) and get vitamin shots. Supposed to be safe with the supplements and "doctor" supervised, but there are a lot of reports of people who are never seen by a doctor, but a nurse, and not given very good medical attention.
I decided not safe for me, and joined ww as I was looking for a change from what I was doing. (Atkins, which I liked and would recommend again, and will go back to if I am not happy with ww after a year.)

BLue, you have been doing quite well, don't give up!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

omg... i just realized when i went to search for a BMI calculator that i have now moved OUT of the OBESE category and am now just ... overweight! lol i love it :P
Old 03-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 181/170.0/135

Height: 5'4"

Mercuryblue,

congratulations! what an awesome feeling! I am just 2 pounds away from escaping the obesity category.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:56 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hello ladies!
I have started Weight Watchers again Monda. I say again, because I was on it once before - I even recognize a few names from my stint on this forum - HI NANCY!!

Anyway, about 3 years ago, I lost 65 lbs on WW @ home ... then excuses. Anyway, I'm back again to lose the weight I look forward to getting to know you all! 3FC was such a huge support for me andI'm hoping it will be again!

Last edited by texscrapper; 03-07-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Closed Thread