Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #1  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

Default Afraid of success?

I realized this morning that I may be slightly afraid of reaching my goal. And that might have been part of the reason I derailed last year for a few months. Although I don't really know why! Maybe just that "well, what now?" feeling or something. Or dealing with the extra attention. Or dealing with maintenance and finding that magic balance.
Do you guys ever find yourselves feeling this way?
heathermichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #2  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

I'm not afraid of success, I guess I'm more afraid of how I will see myself when I reach goal. Because originally, back then, I thought I was fat. I am hoping that I find my happiness and realize that I wasn't fat back then and find confidence that I never had then returning to that weight.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #3  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Heather, I think that fear of reaching your weight goal is perfectly legitimate. I felt that way myself. But trust me, maintenance is a good place to be. Don't let the fear derail you. I found that I sometimes I had to just take it one day at a time without focusing so clearly on the goal.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote