Old 03-04-2012, 06:34 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default I feel frustrated and trapped in a fat body!

I need to vent a little bit lol.. Ive been overweight since I was little and am just now at 21 getting a hold on it. But its hard and as you all know slowgoing.. Recently I've been beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have dreams about being a healthy weight and feeling comfortable in my body, and I just feel so frustrated sometimes waiting for this means to an end. I am losing weight, slowly, but I just havent felt comfortable or confident in my body EVER and its a terrible feeling sometimes. I just want to feel and look good. I know one day Ill get there.. but its just such a pain sometimes when I feel like that end result is so far away. :/
shannylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:51 AM   #2  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Try setting some mini goals so you feel successful. That's why I run two tickers and join challenges. It keeps my mind thinking, "wow I'm one goal closer to my lifetime goal." I have a goal after lifetime as well, but lifetime will be where I'll be okay if I don't lose anymore.

Don't think of the end result being far away as a pain... Just enjoy the ride. There will be ups and downs, but I'm pretty sure there will be more good times than bad.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/114

Height: 5'3"

i totally agree with DrivenByAmbition. maybe setting up mini goals, joining challenges, or creating our own challenges for yourself may help some.

its easy to get frustrated and lose hope when we only see the 50+ or so that we want to lose, but maybe reaching that 5lb goal you set for yourself can really give you a confidence boost. you've almost lost 20lbs!! so celebrate that & use it for even greater motivation to keep going.

those dreams that you have for being healthy & confident will come true. just keep going. there are going to be ups & downs--good days & bad, but the only thing you can do is just keep going. don't be too hard on yourself!
delyn is offline   Reply With Quote