South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-01-2012, 05:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/135/126

Height: 5'6"

Default P1 interrupted by hospital stay :(

My 12-month-old daughter was taken ill on Tuesday and I had to stay the night with her and the only food on offer was vending machine chocolate and crisps as I couldn't leave her to visit the cafe (which only served greasy food and high cal sandwiches anyway). Urgh, I really didn't want to eat it, but had no choice. Why don't hospitals offer healthy food?!

Now I'm ill with the same virus that she had and having to take care of her at home, all my plans are out the window and I don't really feel like eating much yet the cravings are back with a vengeance. I'm far too terrified to step on the scale and guess all I can do is dust myself off, draw up some new plans and get back to it. It's hard not to feel a bit discouraged though.

I know it's not advised unless you've a pretty high BMI, but do you think if I started afresh today, I could extend P1 for another week to make sure these mighty cravings are beaten?
frankiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:25 AM   #2  

frankiki, first I hope your daughter is better and I think you need to take care of yourself and rest and get better. Then I would focus on getting back on track. Life got in the way for you and SB, try to still eat on plan during this time when you can, but get your health back so you don't have a relapse. You need to be healthy for you and your family.

Hope that helps, take care.
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:43 AM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

frankiki, so sorry to hear about your daughter!! and that you are ill now too. And frustrating that there was not any 'good' food there. I also say focus on getting yourself healthy (rid of virus) first. Though I must say my own opinion is that you must be tiny at 5'6" and 135!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Most important right now is the health of your daughter and yourself. Do the best you can,now and start over as soon as you can.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/135/126

Height: 5'6"

Thanks ladies,

First off, I forgot to mention that my daughter is absolutely fine - I wasn't worrying about my weight whilst she was really sick! She was just under observation as she'd had some medication.

Holly - Unfortunately I'm not tiny. I know it's not a high weight, but I have a high body fat percentage, elevated blood fats and was eating a very high fat and carb diet. I wear a UK dress size 14-16, which should give you an idea of my size. So my aims in dieting are to eliminate cravings, clean up my diet and reduce body fat (with exercise of course).
frankiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Sorry to hear you have not been well Glad your daughter is better. I'd also say to take care of yourself first and when you are recovered, I think it is fine to redo PH1 so that you can knock out those cravings again.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Sorry you and DD have been sick! Some hospitals in the US are getting better about food choices...it seems they all should.

Hop right back onto your plan. I just do 3 or 4 days of P1 to counteract the cravings now. I find I don't have the patience for a full 2 weeks.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm glad your DD is well again, and hope you are feeling better, too. I know how hard it is to take care of a little one when you are sick.

As everyone has advised, it's a priority to get yourself stronger and feeling better again, so eat what you can for now. Once you get back on your feet, then you can follow Phase 1 again until you get those cravings under control.

In the meantime, get well soon!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote