Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/185/120

Height: 5' 3''

Default Insomnia and obesity causing skin issues

I'm not sure if this goes here but since anxiety goes with depression and my anxiety has turned into insomnia(which I HATE I want my panic attacks back so I can just freak out and then sleep not not sleep lol)
I keep telling myself if I eat better, lose this weight and exercise regularly that my sleep cycle will be normal. (I hope this is true, I also tell myself that once I lose it and start eating veggies and fish all the time that my skin will clear up and such.)
It makes sense since when you lose or gain weight your body chemistry changes. Plus I know my skin is being stretched beyond it's limit by all the tiger stripes that keep screaming "I'M GONNA BURST!" Another thing I am worried about it lose skin. Terrified of it. See My thighs, are well, sacks of blubber like if you took a balloon and filled it with cottage cheese and a chicken bone to the point where it almost burst like a popped zit you'd have my legs. I mean these things are scary. Every since I was a teen and began eating like I do and sitting on my *** it's been this way. I want normal thighs you know the firm kind.
I see other fat girls, young firm, clear skin, and these girls are wicked beautiful! Course they all hate themselves because they're chubby but what they don't realize is how pretty they freakin are! I'm serious! I mean dang! I got acne AND wrinkles man! What kind of deal is that? For real! Isn't one supposed to disappear before the other comes about?
Anyways, that's my rant on ..everything. Kind of out of place but um yea...
SugarBudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

I am worried about acne and wrinkles too but i figure the best thing i can do is address what i CAN control: my weight. If i get my diet in check and still have acne and wrinkles, well then at least i won't be FAT and also have acne and wrinkles
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #3  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

If anxiety is causing you to have sleep problems, it seems like getting that under control would help you out. How are you treating your anxiety and depression?
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/185/120

Height: 5' 3''

I take Celexa for my anxiety and depression and I have Trazadone for when I cannot sleep. though when I take Celexa regularly I don't often get insomnia, but of it the insomnia returns.
SugarBudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/183/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBudgie View Post
I see other fat girls, young firm, clear skin, and these girls are wicked beautiful! Course they all hate themselves because they're chubby but what they don't realize is how pretty they freakin are! I'm serious! I mean dang! I got acne AND wrinkles man! What kind of deal is that? For real! Isn't one supposed to disappear before the other comes about?
I feel like that, too! My legs frustrate me a lot, especially since I usually only wear dresses or skirts.

I think it's all about perspective, though. I'm sure someone looks at you and thinks "I wish I could have her ______". Eyes, hair, taste in anime...

That was a reference to your Sailor Moon avatar, by the way.
Ruze is offline   Reply With Quote